Unpopular Opinions

apparently im the only one who really loves Minnesota's new look. i wouldnt change a single detail (maybe the brick number pattern) and their typography is beautiful

I'm with you actually. I think this is the best the Gophers have ever looked.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

apparently im the only one who really loves Minnesota's new look. i wouldnt change a single detail (maybe the brick number pattern) and their typography is beautiful

I'm with you actually. I think this is the best the Gophers have ever looked.

I agree with you guys. I had mourned the loss of the Maroney/Barber era sets, but they seem kind of cheap to me now. I'm glad the black is gone (except the facemask, which oddly works). My gripe is the same as others, I wish they wore either color pant besides white, only because that's what they normally wear. The white still looked fine.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I share the same thought regarding the facemask, Josh. I mean, if I read "maroon helmet with black facemask" on paper, it'd sound bad. But looking at it in action, I think it actually works really well. The black doesn't stand out in a bad way at all like some make it out to do. It blends well with the helmet.

Anyways, another unpopular opinion I'll add:

Though my favorite Saints set will always be the inagurals, I think these were just as great:

new-orleans-saints-rickey-jackson-64-topps-nfl-1988-american-football-card-24142-p.jpg

Of course the one change I'd have made would be to match the pant and helmet stripes, but everything else is beautiful. Love the Louisiana logo on the sleeve (it really should be on the current sleeves, I say), love how the white numbers look with that set (provides, in my opinion, a great balance of color), and I prefer the single white outlined fleur-de-lis on the helmet to the current multiple outlined one. Much cleaner. I suppose I could also nominate this for the "Uniforms That Should Be Thrown Back To" thread, as I don't recall these ever being dusted off for a game.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

After watching the Highlights of Oregon-Arkansas State, I love the uniforms for Oregon. Although the helmets need improvement, the Jerseys and Pants are fantastic.

Judging by the reaction on the boards and Twitter, I don't think that is a very unpopular opinion.

spacer.png

299.gif

I don't know just how unpopular this is, but the current Falcons logo is terrible. It's a big downgrade from the original. While the original was dated and wonky, at least it had a whimsical factor to it. The current logo took an underwhemling idea to begin with, made is "kewl" and turned out like crap. The horrible, awkwardly positioned claw from the original was replaced with a horrible, awkwardly positioned bear paw. There are too many "SPEED! FIERCE!" lines, and it looks like something out of Batman: The Animated Series. I could have seen sticking with the original logo for continuity, or even just adding some red into it. However, by trying to make the original logo "x-treme", it failed miserably. They should have just gone with an original idea.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Nashville's new jerseys are terrible. They need to go back and use the mustard third jersey as inspiration for the new set. Keep the new numbers, though. Those look way better than the old ones.

That's my problem (along with everyone else) with all of them. By not completing the collar it makes it 1 billion times sillier looking.

The new Knicks uniforms aren't that bad.

Agreed. I don't get all the hate.

Thirded! Decent old style feel without copying anything. All the hate seems to be very petty, numbers too thin, bad word mark etc.

The Knicks went to the safe route and worked out pretty good.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

The new Knicks uniforms aren't that bad.

Agreed. I don't get all the hate.

Thirded! Decent old style feel without copying anything. All the hate seems to be very petty, numbers too thin, bad word mark etc.

I don't get it what's to like about the new jerseys if you take all of those elements away that look bad!