Unpopular Opinions

I don't post about the NFL here, so I'm not sure if this is unpopular, but I think the Broncos were much better off with navy at home as opposed to orange.

I was seriously coming here to post about this. Maybe it's me being a 90's kid and just being used to Denver wearing navy at home, but I don't like 'em in orange. It's not that it looks bad, it's more that I think the navy just looked better (at least when paired with white pants and not monochrome).

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I have never understood why some people consider this to be Oregon's best set.

606995_display_image_zps49788ffb.jpg

The set after these (Kellen Clemens era) was solid.

10548319_70b8f50fa4.jpg

These uniforms? They were ok. Not bad, but not good.

Oregon's uniforms are always so close to being good, for me. All of their uniforms for the last decade or so have been a few tweaks away from being good. It's always close, but no cigar.

jNTsTyQ.png

10548319_70b8f50fa4.jpg

Oregon's uniforms are always so close to being good, for me. All of their uniforms for the last decade or so have been a few tweaks away from being good. It's always close, but no cigar.

I loved the Clemens set because it was simply green and yellow. No black, no carbon, no volt, just the school colors showcased in a good modern design. The only modern set, save the most recent Fighting Ducks set, that I felt they got completely right.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Since we're discussing Oregon uniforms in an "unpopular opinions" thread:

MaehlreadyvsCal09_display_image.jpg?1283192286

I think this is by far their best look ever. As in, this uniform is miles and miles better than any of the "modern" stuff they wear now.

I have a feeling that'll be an unpopular opinion on these boards.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

I think the Broncos would have been better off just designing an entirely new uniform if they wanted orange as their primary. This set was designed to have the navy jersey be the primary and I think that shows now that they're wearing orange full-time. I'm all for the Broncos wearing orange at home, just not with the current uniforms.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I think this is by far their best look ever. As in, this uniform is miles and miles better than any of the "modern" stuff they wear now.

I agree with you. The more "innovative" they try to get, the worse they look.

87Redskins.png

If Oregon took that throwback look and used variations of the helmet, jersey and pants all in green, yellow and white, they'd have a great set.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

10548319_70b8f50fa4.jpg

These were my favorite Oregon uniforms ever:

oregon-ducks-logo-8.jpg

spacer.png

The one flaw I could see is them being accused of beongtoo similar to the Packers.

This one I know is unpopular: the LeBron-era Cavaliers set wasn't all that good, and their current set is they best they've ever worn.

I liked the LeBron era set, but I like the current set better. The wine and athletic gold looks stunning.

Agreed. I consider the current Cavs uniforms to be one of the more underrated sets in the league.

spacer.png

This is one that's going to get me shot. I hate the colours the Penguins use now, but switching to Sunday Gold isn't gonna make me happy. Yes-siree, I miss the old navy and powder colour scheme as a full time deal. Bringing it back in segments works, but just make it official again. Also, bring back Robo-Pen.

That's my problem (along with everyone else) with all of them. By not completing the collar it makes it 1 billion times sillier looking.

This is one that's going to get me shot. I hate the colours the Penguins use now, but switching to Sunday Gold isn't gonna make me happy. Yes-siree, I miss the old navy and powder colour scheme as a full time deal. Bringing it back in segments works, but just make it official again. Also, bring back Robo-Pen.

I love the navy and powder blue for the Pens, but I've come to accept that it isn't realistically going to be used full time.

The one flaw I could see is them being accused of beongtoo similar to the Packers.

There's no striping, the numbers are yellow, and Oregon uses a noticeably different shade of green. I don't think I'd worry about that.

But yeah, this is the best Oregon has ever looked IMO.

There's no striping, the numbers are yellow, and Oregon uses a noticeably different shade of green. I don't think I'd worry about that.

But yeah, this is the best Oregon has ever looked IMO.

I love that Oregon look, but I would change the helmet to an Yellow "O" instead of the "UO".

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Being in Iowa, these colors make me think of John Deere. Never liked these two particular colors together.

The kid's got a nice farmer's tan, though...