Unpopular Opinions

here is an unpopular opinion. i think the steelers uniforms are terrible. the sleeve strips are huge, the font sucks, an update(but not a crazy change) is in order. I'd drop the sleeve stripes to 3, and change to a font(not athletic block font but something different, something "tough" like steel). I would maybe switch the pants up a little as well.

The Steelers uniforms no longer work with modern cuts and, as a Steeler fan, I would propose a fairly drastic change. I would love to see them go the same route as Northwestern and put the stripes across the chest of th jersey.

Also put the logo on both sides of the helmet.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

here is an unpopular opinion. i think the steelers uniforms are terrible. the sleeve strips are huge, the font sucks, an update(but not a crazy change) is in order. I'd drop the sleeve stripes to 3, and change to a font(not athletic block font but something different, something "tough" like steel). I would maybe switch the pants up a little as well.

The Steelers uniforms no longer work with modern cuts and, as a Steeler fan, I would propose a fairly drastic change. I would love to see them go the same route as Northwestern and put the stripes across the chest of th jersey.

I think this template begs to be used for the Steelers:

587-ncaa-college-football-uniforms-oregon.jpg

I thought that plaid phase was just that - a phase - back in 2010. If memory serves, they even had one of their theme roadtrips with everyone wearing double-blue plaid sportcoats. I haven't seen anyone wear those caps around here since that year.

Playing for Joe Maddon seems like it could be psychologically fatiguing. Is this weekend with Baltimore the one where we're supposed to wear bunny slippers on our heads? Well, away we go.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Weagle should be the Caps' chest logo. I don't see how a wonky font script logo is superior.

No to the Ducks in anything eggplant AND jade. Ditch today's black for jade and we have something decent.

The Bolts currently look better than the Leafs, though they should not look anything like them in the first place.

Midway.png

Here's a new one for me: The more I watch the Yanks and Giants play, the more I realize that I really like the look of NNOB. It makes the numbers a little larger and just has a nice, clean look to it. I remember when the Dodgers did this for a couple season back in the mid-2000s and I liked it then, and I still like it now. I wish more MLB teams would go back to NNOB, and maybe even see the practice in other leagues.

Here's a new one for me: The more I watch the Yanks and Giants play, the more I realize that I really like the look of NNOB. It makes the numbers a little larger and just has a nice, clean look to it. I remember when the Dodgers did this for a couple season back in the mid-2000s and I liked it then, and I still like it now. I wish more MLB teams would go back to NNOB, and maybe even see the practice in other leagues.

I agree, but if a team's gonna do it, do it across every uniform, not just certain ones like in the Giants' case.

I agree, but if a team's gonna do it, do it across every uniform, not just certain ones like in the Giants' case.

I actually like it when teams have NNOB at home and NOB on the road. It's kind of an old-school idea that is not needed for practical reasons with today's scoreboards and TV coverage, but I like that it's predicated on the idea that the home fans know their players by number but the visiting team is less familiar. I don't know whether anyone really does this anymore. The Twins did it until the mid 90s, when they added names to the home.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

It looked terrible on the Dodgers imo.

It looked terrible on the Dodgers imo.

Only because the Dodgers didn't do it right. They kept the same size numbers in the same place, just removing the NoB.

Had they increased the number size a little and moved them up to fill the hole across the shoulders, it would have looked great. The Yankees, Giants and Red Sox get this right, the Dodgers blew it.

I like how the Buccaneers look when they wear their white pants. They don't look better than their pewter pants, but I think it still works as an alternative, especially when they go all white.

c4s_freeman113011_201349c.jpg

BucsPanthers3_t607.jpg

Right with you on that one. I'll take it a step further and say that I actually like the white pants a bit more than the pewter ones.

But I can appreciate that the Bucs are the only team in the league that has pewter pants.

• Like 1

spacer.png

I don't really get how members hate it, but the new Astros logo is so much better than their previous look.

570x375xastroslogofeat.jpg.pagespeed.ic_.o9YMb_Apxt.jpg

Agreed. Even if the uniforms are what we're expecting, they're still an upgrade over what they had before.