Unpopular Opinions

Am I the only one who finds NNOB to be cheap-looking and bad? It reminds me of low-budget high school teams that have to reuse uniforms.

That's one of the few things I agree with you on. The Yankees can keep on not wearing names on their jerseys, but all other jerseys look better with them (including the Red Sox home).

OldRomanSig2.jpg

How is the Astro's new logo not the epitome of Lazy? It's the Padres logo with orange and a generic star in place of generic interlocking letters. I'm sure many long days and sleepless nights were put into that peice of artistic genious. If they wanted to look like every other team in the MLB, why not go all the way and replace orange with red? Personally I think every MLB team should be required to use those colours with a roundel as a primary logo.

Isn't every opinion an unpopular one since they're very specific and come from one out of the billions of people on this planet?

• Like 1

Follow my attempts to rid the world of the evil that is Laura Dern @LDisadirtbag.

My dog Folsom has a Twitter that's nothing but pictures of him pooping and sharing what he likes @folsomcanpoop.

If that's not enough, I have my own Twitter @DieZombieScum.

How is the Astro's new logo not the epitome of Lazy? It's the Padres logo with orange and a generic star in place of generic interlocking letters. I'm sure many long days and sleepless nights were put into that peice of artistic genious. If they wanted to look like every other team in the MLB, why not go all the way and replace orange with red? Personally I think every MLB team should be required to use those colours with a roundel as a primary logo.

its a well executed idea with an aesthetic that fits traditional baseball and includes some of their past visual equity. its appropriate, timeless, well built, will look great and be consistent across all applications and gives them a modern identity that replaces a sloppy, overly complex, turn of the century identity. the new colors help separate them from almost every other MLB team giving them something that is really unique and memorable.

• Like 1

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Here's an opinion that may or may not be unpopular - I really hate it when people take designs they don't personally like and call them "lazy".

I could not agree more. Apparently, clean and good looking equates to lazy, poor design in some circles around here. (see what I did there as I move on to my next reply? B) )

Roundels are universally :censored:ing terrible.

This would make for a very nice debate on a certain podcast we're both acquainted with. I happen to think that roundels are cool more often than they aren't.

BB52Big.jpg

its a well executed idea with an aesthetic that fits traditional baseball and includes some of their past visual equity. its appropriate, timeless, well built, will look great and be consistent across all applications and gives them a modern identity that replaces a sloppy, overly complex, turn of the century identity. the new colors help separate them from almost every other MLB team giving them something that is really unique and memorable.

You're good with spin, no doubt.

I'm failing to see that star as "well-executed".

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

You're good with spin, no doubt.

I'm failing to see that star as "well-executed".

LOL its a star dude, how can you screw it up?

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

People here don't like them, but I love roundels. They're succinct.

I don't mind them if they are done right.

Also an unpopular logo I like that might have been mentioned before is the Elvis Patriot Logo.

I think it looks great on a helmet.

• Like 1

I used to not be a fan of roundels, myself, but they can look very nice if done right. I really love the Blue Jays' roundel, for example. Really wraps the design together nicely. But on the other hand, I was never a fan of the Red Sox roundel, because I feel just the sox logo on its own works much better.