USBA Concepts (My Personal Basketball League)

Phitin

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I'm thinking about renaming Washington as the Generals, because it makes a whole lot of sense and sounds good to me. Then, I may have the Pittsburgh Ironmen (I know it's been used a couple of times but I don't know what else to use), and go back to the Indianapolis Cheetahs. I think that might be a fun concept to do, considering I've never seen that nickname used. Finally, I'll probably stick with the Kansas City Cannons, because it's growing on me. Although I don't know what cannons have to do with KC....

Thanks to anyone who gave name suggestions. Working on Las Vegas now.

phitinsig.png

Team #3: Las Vegas Cardsharks

vegaslogo.png

vegasuni.png

This was a hard concept to bring together; For a little while I tried to combine the spade/shark tail logo and the wordmark (which evolved a whole lot over time) into a primary logo, with the full body shark as an alternate. Unfortunately, it just never looked right, and I changed everything to what you see above. I like how the jerseys came out, and I puposely went a little crazy with the "Vegas" alternate to make it very unique. The next one I'll probably do is Carolina, because I just sketched out what I want them to look like.

phitinsig.png

Team #3: Las Vegas Cardsharks

vegaslogo.png

vegasuni.png

This was a hard concept to bring together; For a little while I tried to combine the spade/shark tail logo and the wordmark (which evolved a whole lot over time) into a primary logo, with the full body shark as an alternate. Unfortunately, it just never looked right, and I changed everything to what you see above. I like how the jerseys came out, and I puposely went a little crazy with the "Vegas" alternate to make it very unique. The next one I'll probably do is Carolina, because I just sketched out what I want them to look like.

odd color scheme, but it looks nice. and i really like that black Vegas alternate. but i'm not quite sure what's supposed to be going on with that basketball behind the shark in the primary logo there...

Untitled.png

odd color scheme, but it looks nice. and i really like that black Vegas alternate. but i'm not quite sure what's supposed to be going on with that basketball behind the shark in the primary logo there...

The basketball, along with the gold outline is my attempt at having a subtle, and slightly oddly-shaped spade behind the shark. Or are you saying that the basketball lines look odd, which I can certainly fix up. Also, I'm not sure why you said that the color scheme is "odd." Blue and gold doesn't seem too outlandish to me. Thank you, though.

phitinsig.png

i guess maybe it's just me but i see more of a dark tan almost greenish color rather than gold. that was why i thought it looked odd. but again, that could be just me.

Oh I see. The thing is...I'm colorblind. So while that color looks very golden to me, I guess it probably looks a lot more like green to other people.

phitinsig.png

The color scheme seems normal to me. This concept looks good. I really like the name and the alternate logo is amazing, but the shark seems a bit out of proportion.

I really like this so far.

Thanks. The shark is, believe it or not, intentioanlly a bit out of proportion. I did this to make it fit into the grand scheme of the logo a little better. IMO, having a primary logo for the Cardsharks that makes no reference to the 'cards' would be a bit plain...so that's why I tried to work in a spade shape, and fit the shark's fins into a basketball.

Besides the shark issues, I think you need to add some white into the home jersey because right now it looks dull, and white will sharpen it up. Also you may want to fix the lines on the ball.

I'll definitely try to do that and come up with some updated jerseys to see how they look. Same goes for the ball lines.

phitinsig.png

With a name like Cardsharks, I think a red and black color scheme would be best, but I still like this one. I agree that the shark looks a tad awkward and the home jersey needs some white.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

Las Vegas Cardsharks Revamp:

vegaslogo2.png

vegasuni2.png

Well I'll admit, I've never been too crazy about using red and black as a color scheme. But when I first went to recolor my logos/jerseys for this team just to see how it would look, I realized how much potential it had. I realized that it would be a much much better idea to make the basketball fit into part of a poker chip, instead of an oddly-shaped spade. I really think this works way better than what I had before. I also fixed a few things that I noticed I had done completely wrong on the shark on my first try. I guess sometimes when you see your concept in a different color you realize what doesn't look right. The secondary is the same, but now recolored.

I spiced up the jerseys a lot, by now using three colors instead of just 2 colors, and a more sleek striping pattern. I tried to recolor my old "Vegas" alternate with red and black but it didn't look right, so I used the existing home and away jerseys instead. All in all, I think these jerseys say "Las Vegas" a lot more than before. Thanks to those who pointed out what was lacking in this concept before, and some C&C on this revamp would of course be appreciated.

phitinsig.png

Las Vegas Cardsharks Revamp:

vegaslogo2.png

vegasuni2.png

Well I'll admit, I've never been too crazy about using red and black as a color scheme. But when I first went to recolor my logos/jerseys for this team just to see how it would look, I realized how much potential it had. I realized that it would be a much much better idea to make the basketball fit into part of a poker chip, instead of an oddly-shaped spade. I really think this works way better than what I had before. I also fixed a few things that I noticed I had done completely wrong on the shark on my first try. I guess sometimes when you see your concept in a different color you realize what doesn't look right. The secondary is the same, but now recolored.

I spiced up the jerseys a lot, by now using three colors instead of just 2 colors, and a more sleek striping pattern. I tried to recolor my old "Vegas" alternate with red and black but it didn't look right, so I used the existing home and away jerseys instead. All in all, I think these jerseys say "Las Vegas" a lot more than before. Thanks to those who pointed out what was lacking in this concept before, and some C&C on this revamp would of course be appreciated.

LOVE these uniforms and font.

Love the red and black, since those are the colors of cards. Great update. I would also think about making the basketball either black or white so it doesn't blend in as much.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

Archived