Kansas City Wizards Rebranded as Sporting KC

Ben7

Found this online!

sporting.gif

Not really, I made it as a joke on the Big Soccer boards. :D

A joke, huh? That's quite an interesting take. Was there an old team called Kansas City Sporting, or was that just a random Europeanization of the name?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The MLS has a Red team (RBNY ...no one else counts) an Orange team (HOU), a Blue team (Gals), a Forest Green team (POR), a Puke Green team (SEA), a Piss Yellow team (CLB), an Aston Villa team (COL), a fake team (RSL), and a team with no supporters (FCD).

But the MLS has NO Purple team.

KC - please fill the void please. We don't need anymore reds or blues...

A problem there, your red team wears white whenever possible, and you blue team also wears white whenever possible. TFC or Chicago is red.

As for KC, a rebrand would be great. Wizards is much better then Wiz, but it still sucks. While KC is rebranding, I hope Columbus does the same. Crew is probably the dumbest name in sports. I love the revs name, but the logo is really lame. They could rip off Arsenal or something like that, and it would be awesome.

n0fd1z6xmhigb0eej3323ebwq.gifi40oxcdbo7xtfamqqhqachoyo.gif

Personally I think their color scheme is fine and even the clubs name is good, maybe enhance the yellow a bit more on the kit. They do need a new logo, the one they have now looks like it belongs on a car as a name plate.

untitled21.jpg

Redskin IS a racist term, no matter how Daniel Snyder tries to spin it.

The MLS has a Red team (RBNY ...no one else counts) an Orange team (HOU), a Blue team (Gals), a Forest Green team (POR), a Puke Green team (SEA), a Piss Yellow team (CLB), an Aston Villa team (COL), a fake team (RSL), and a team with no supporters (FCD).

But the MLS has NO Purple team.

KC - please fill the void please. We don't need anymore reds or blues...

A problem there, your red team wears white whenever possible, and you blue team also wears white whenever possible. TFC or Chicago is red.

As for KC, a rebrand would be great. Wizards is much better then Wiz, but it still sucks. While KC is rebranding, I hope Columbus does the same. Crew is probably the dumbest name in sports. I love the revs name, but the logo is really lame. They could rip off Arsenal or something like that, and it would be awesome.

Toronto and Chicago also wear red, and combined have more Championships than RBNY...so they more than count.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Hard to say Chicago "doesn't count" as a red team, especially since the Fire are pretty much all red. And they've been around with that identity since 1998. That statement really confuses me.

As far as Kansas City, they should either keep Wizards or go back to Wiz. It could be horrifying at times, but it sure was original.

Found this online!

sporting.gif

Not really, I made it as a joke on the Big Soccer boards. :D

A joke, huh? That's quite an interesting take for a joke. Was there an old team called Kansas City Sporting, or was that just a random Europeanization of the name?

I realize I might be in the minority here, but I really like this...this has alot of potential. Good job, man!

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

At the risk, nay hope, of beating this into the ground, I want them to rebrand to Football United Kansas City, and get French Connection UK as a jersey sponsor. This will ensure them never getting on national television before 10 pm.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Supposedly/Allegedly the team will re-brand itself as Sporting KC. Some very un-verified sources within Addidas have said the kits for next season will be for Sporting KC.

There is a lot of backlash for the euro-poser type name. Many want to remain as the Wizards and some wouldn't mind a new nickname.

The new stadium features navy blue and powder blue colored trusses and is said to be another indication on what the future look of the team will feature.

I'd rather they remain "Wizards" with a new logo. Only time will tell. Nothing showing on TESS for any indication of a name change. There has been a website (www.sportingkc.com) that has been registered by a company that does that a lot for MLS.

Hope that clears some of that up for those who care.

If ever you're Sporting KC in an improper social situation, try thinking about baseball.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Seems like a real dick move.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived