Just Wanting Some Feedback On This....

robbman21

"I say they do it like this: wear white at home for the first half of the year, then wear dark at home, then switch back to whites for the playoffs."

Didn't the NHL do that in the 1991-92 season? I suggest the NHL take a page from the NFL: Home team gets to choose the uniforms to wear, white, color or alternate. Agreed?

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

I think that doing it half and half for the season would just serve to further confuse the fans.

I for one have enjoyed seeing the home team where their full colours. I mean, each team has a white uniform, but each team's full colours are unique, and I think it's a treat for the home fans to see their team in their full colours and raod teams in the common white (my $0.02)

at the same time, the home team can use either their home or road uniform and not have to worry about nifying the visiting team to bring their other uniforms. The home town fans could get more of an opertunity to see thei teams alternates in action, where they might otherwize not get to see them.

Didn't the NHL do that in the 1991-92 season? I suggest the NHL take a page from the NFL: Home team gets to choose the uniforms to wear, white, color or alternate. Agreed?

I think this works for the NFL because teams only need to bring 1 set of unis on trips. Hockey teams play more than once a week, and it would not be good to constantly have to bring both sets of unis.

I suggest the NHL take a page from the NFL: Home team gets to choose the uniforms to wear, white, color or alternate. Agreed?

I agree with this. Bring all of your jerseys. Its only one more box to lug along.

College football is the same way. georgia Tech likes to wear White everywhere, so they always ask the opposing tea, if they'd liek to wear their colors, and Tech can wear white. The only :censored:s who say no are Wake Forrest. (I think because their 'color' jerseys are black, and who wants to wear black on a hot day?)

I'd like to see the NHL adopt that. Then, we can see all kinda of jerseys.

Confuse the fans? Look at the ice.. do you see one of TWO jerseys you regognize? OK, that is your team. I can't imagine the moron that would be confused by switching.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I am still having a tough time getting used to the dark at home. I have had Red Wings season tickets for 17 years and it had become the familiar site to see them skate out in the white jerseys. No big deal though, I'll get used to it by next season I'm sure.

Proc, you're right. The Wings' white jersies are nice, and so are the Blues and Leafs whities. That's why I suggested that the teams have the option like in the NFL of white or colors at home. I mean, look what the Eagles or Redskins do to Dallas back in the day in the NFL. The Cowboys are forced to wear their blue jersies and that's like kryptonite to Superman, or the Florida Marlins to the Phillies.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

I'm not used to it either. I understand about airport security and alternate jerseys & all, but as long as the colors don't clash (like if Columbus was to wear its alts when the Thrashers came to town), what does it matter if both teams are in colors?

Bottom line is, home darks just don't looks right unless its football.

As for the TV thing... I'm still turning to NBC for AFC games...

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

i say they do it like this: wear white at home for the first half of the year, then wear dark at home, then switch back to whites for the playoffs. i know the IHL used to do it this way, and the AHL too if i'm not mistaken.

how they have it now, i'm okay with it, but it's made me realize teh Avs need to change the black outline on the maroon jersey to silver.

I 'm pretty sure the AHL went dark-at-home year round. The Admirals haven't worn white (which looks much better for them IMO) at any of the games I've been to...

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Archived