Mammoths Logo

Shumway

Since I'm sure most of you don't troll the Fantasy section of the boards other than the leagues in which you belong, I've opted to post my WFA team's identity here, just for kicks:

Mammoths_Logo.png

Aaand, the uniforms (thanks to whoever made this template....andrewharrington, perhaps?)

Mammoths_Home.png

Mammoths_Road.png

Mammoths_Alt.png

^^^ True haha

But i dont really think thats your fault, your logo does look a lot like a Mammoth, and I really like it. The color scheme is cool as well, very unique. Also, I love your presentation background, I dont know why but it looks really nice.

Anyways, good work on the logo, as well as wordmark.

Love the logo, love the wordmark, love the color scheme.

How would two-tone numbers look on the away unis? That would be the only thing I would change, if it looks good.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

I like the logo and you've made it well, but there are a few things I noticed:

• The tusks are turning in the wrong direction. They go downward, and rotate back up toward the eyes. (Like you have the trunk positioned now.)
  • If you look at pictures, you'll see that most mammoths have more of a pronounced head shape, with a much larger forehead
  • I would also make the eyes further apart, since they were almost on the sides of their heads

I think this picture might help translate what I mean:

evi_woollymammoth_large.jpg

To be honest, Snuffy was the first thing I thought of as well., mainly because of the eyes and mouth being a little too cartoony, I think. The perspective on the back tusk looks a little off, too; I think it would be larger and protrude out farther, not following necessarily the same curve as the front one like it seems to in your rendering.

Thanks for the comments. The tusks, although anatomically incorrect, were intentional. I just didn't like the way they looked when I first drew them out, so I decided to point them upward with the trunk to give more of an angry, for the lack of a better term, look. As far as the cartoon look, that's pretty much my style. I've been cartooning for fun for about 10 years now, so it seems like whenever I put pencil to paper, it turns out this way.

I love the color scheme, the wordmark and the numerals. However, the mammoth logo, while well executed, seems to radiate minor league baseball - feel. The mammoth actually presents a lot of design opportunities other animals don't, with the tusks, ears, and trunk. I feel like it could be cleaned up, simplified, and made more iconic. Maybe trying something like the colorado mammoth lacrosse logo would be neat too as an alternate.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived