Houston Astros Redesign

mbannon92

Well, I was watching my beloved Cubbies play the Astros this week, and I thought to myself, "man, the Astros unis are really bad." The red/orange color is inconsistent, there are too many shadows on the Astros script, and the pinstripes make the uniforms feel too crowded. So, I decided to take a whack at giving the Astros a new identity.

I took the team's original colors, orange and navy, and made a logo and wordmark with a modern, spacey feel (since they are called the Astros due to NASA being in the area). However, I did keep "Astros" on the two home unis and "Houston" on the roads. I think this is an improvement, but let me know what you think and/or what I could improve.

AstrosLogos.png

AstrosHome.png

AstrosHomeAlt.png

AstrosRoad.png

AstrosRoadAlt.png

The "A" in Astros looks odd, but otherwise it's not too terrible.

That's about the only thing I think is wrong with this. Although, maybe one of the alternates should be blue, just to add more variety.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

I don't really like the wordmark, it just doesnt "flow". It looks kind of awkward and unsmooth.

I also dont like the H-star too much personally... it also looks awkward to me.

The numbers look too eighties/faux-space age.

I do like the color scheme.

sorry, just my .02

If anything, i think that font and number style might work for some type of turn ahead the clock.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Here's an update. I took your guys' advice and scrapped the H-Star combo and made a modern version of their original logo. I took an orange H and put it over a blue star. I also fixed the A in Astros and the weird 7. I kept the font though, logodude, because I want a modern, space age font, since the Astros name came from NASA being in the area. Please let me know what you think!

AstrosLogos2.png

AstrosHome2.png

AstrosHomeAlt2.png

AstrosRoad2.png

AstrosRoadAlt2.png

Definitely an improvement over version 1, but the H in the logo is a little plain. You could try to add a serif or some kind of indent. Also, the secondary has too many outlines, which is caused by stacking two navy objects together. If the star or Texas were orange, I think it would help reduce the number of outlines. It's coming along, but it's not finished yet.

I do believe that this set is an upgrade over their current version. However, I think you can still make some changes.

The primary logo seems too simple to be a primary. I think the secondary you have should be the primary.

Also, the wordmark doesn't seem to work with the rest of the uniform. The "A" seems awkward, like it shouldn't be with the rest of the letters.

Just my opinion.

Punch9

Definitely an improvement over version 1, but the H in the logo is a little plain. You could try to add a serif or some kind of indent. Also, the secondary has too many outlines, which is caused by stacking two navy objects together. If the star or Texas were orange, I think it would help reduce the number of outlines. It's coming along, but it's not finished yet.

Yeah, I agree on the secondary, but I wanted to keep the H and star the same as on the cap logo and I wanted Texas to be blue so it would stand out on the orange jerseys, but I'll look at it.

The primary logo seems too simple to be a primary. I think the secondary you have should be the primary.

Also, the wordmark doesn't seem to work with the rest of the uniform. The "A" seems awkward, like it shouldn't be with the rest of the letters.

By primary I mean the cap logo that will be used on most stuff, like their current partial star.

The wordmark is a font (Electric Boots), not custom, so it should go. Although I flipped it in this version because a few guys said it looked weird in the first version.

i think its a good idea, but the primary is actually too simple. i think you should switch the alt. and primary, and make the alt. the primary.

Also, make the star jut out more, it just doesnt look right.

I do like the color scheme, though. nice mix of old and new.

overall, needs some tweaking, but definatly good potential!

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of a person you are- Kurt Cobain

sig11.png

Tennessee Titans (0-0) next game Vs. Oakland Raiders (0-0)

i think its a good idea, but the primary is actually too simple. i think you should switch the alt. and primary, and make the alt. the primary.

I see what you mean on the star, but once again, by primary I mean cap logo, and most primaries in baseball are simple (Yankees, Mets, Dodgers, Cards, Red Sox, etc. etc.).

I see what you mean on the star, but once again, by primary I mean cap logo, and most primaries in baseball are simple (Yankees, Mets, Dodgers, Cards, Red Sox, etc. etc.).

The Yankees primary logo isn't the interlocking NY, its the bat n' hat logo. And that isn't as simple as your H in the star.

The Yankees primary logo isn't the interlocking NY, its the bat n' hat logo. And that isn't as simple as your H in the star.

I meant the NY logo, since that's the one used the most. If I make an update I'll change it to say cap logo to end the confusion.

Archived