Best Damn Concept Ever!

Mac the Knife

Okay, so the subject is full of hyperbole. It got your attention though, didn't it?

I just had a thought for a thread that I don't recall ever seeing here. There are dozens of guys who post here with their sports-related concepts, looking for comment. I thought it'd be cool to turn that around a bit, creating a thread where you post what you feel is the best concept you've ever developed - not for comment or criticism, but to show everyone what you think is your best work to date.

So pick your best one, and post it here! I look forward to seeing what crops up.

nav-logo.png

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I was just about to post a thread kind of along these lines - your favorite concepts in the history of the concept forum, from yourself or others.

Regardless, I don't think I can pick just one, so I think I would go with a top 3:

1. Arizona Diamondbacks - updated TATC style for full-time use

2. Florida Gators - Rivalry Jersey

3. Houston Astros - bringing the creamsicles back

The Diamondbacks one is probably still the most difficult concept I have ever attempted - you have no idea how much of a bitch it was to make the snake's curves look natural using just Photoshop and a non-vector logo. I'm still really proud of the way it turned out.

The Gators were only slightly less difficult. I made the mouth first and everything seemed to fall into place. I would love to see it on the field.

The Astros concept, I think, was my true arrival to the Concepts forum. My first concept was a god-awful, rush-job, unoriginal, unfinished recolor with uniforms, which is best left in the past. I also had a rather hit-or-miss NFL ProCombat series running for a while. However, the Astros concept was the first time I got overwhelmingly positive reviews, and although the concept took very little time compared to my top two, it made me take more time on my concepts and be a little more original.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

These are nothing compared to some of the much more talented designers on the board, but these are probably close to my best:

ACP22.png

BobcatsConceptClear.png

MavsConceptClear.png

And of course this:

LDHS.png

lol

I dont know if this forum is also for C+C at all, but I love those bobcats and mavs concepts. Mavs should have NEVER ditched green, and bobcats should have an orange road jersey still.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I'd say I'm probably the most proud of the Philadelphia Shamrocks set that I made up for Barrish.

shamrockslogos.png

shamrocksuniforms.png

shamrockscourt.png

That court is BEAUTIFUL. Its so refreshing to look at. It reminds me of Irish Spring barsoap.

The whole identity is great too.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

3. Houston Astros - bringing the creamsicles back

The Astros concept, I think, was my true arrival to the Concepts forum. My first concept was a god-awful, rush-job, unoriginal, unfinished recolor with uniforms, which is best left in the past. I also had a rather hit-or-miss NFL ProCombat series running for a while. However, the Astros concept was the first time I got overwhelmingly positive reviews, and although the concept took very little time compared to my top two, it made me take more time on my concepts and be a little more original.

This needs a dark blue/black alt (where the white and gray are on the first two). And, of course, white shoes. And then, sheer Astroperfection.

Packers-2.png

Greens.png

(The hockey stick is also supposed to represent an airplane landing at TF Green Airport in RI. Its also supposed to be a '70s logo.)

GreensUniTB.png

RaidersLogo.png

And seeing that Philadelphia logo reminded me of one of my absolute favorite logos I've created, yet never posted here.

Irish_American_Football_Team_by_StatikGS.png

TDZiMMB.png

Archived