Best Damn Concept Ever!

Mac the Knife

Proably still my favorite concept. Minus that wordmark...

husky.png

Woah. That looks insanely similar to a Huskies concept I did once. I never posted it on here, so I'm definitely not accusing you of anything. Just caught me off guard a little bit haha.

Anyway, this is a really cool thread and I love seeing everyone's best stuff1 Keep 'em coming.

You should post it! I bet it looks amazing ^_^

Ehh I would but I deleted it loooong ago. But maybe I will do another husky logo sometime!

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why you holding out on us, Buc? That Grambling State uniform is amazing. The number set is a thing of beauty, was it custom?

Yes. All that typography is custom. The reason I never posted it way back in February when I finished it is because, well, I never really did finish it. Was working on some actual tiger logos to accompany the rest of the package...but then got sidetracked and I never got back to it.

My fantasy baseball team, currently residing in a tie for 4th in the CCSLC's Continental League.

stompers.png

stompers2010.jpg

This...is a thing of beauty. Purple and green is a vastly underrated color combo. Love the scripts and the logos, as well.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Okay, here are some of my favorites:

This is my #1, mostly because of where it started. Some of the older members can probably remember the first version I posted. The thread went 9 pages long over a span of about 3 1/2 years. Take a look: Lions Logo Concept

LionsLogo123009.png

LionsUniformsAction152010.png

LionsUniformsPS.png

My Lansing Dragons Logo- Another old one that the fine folks here at the CCSLC helped me improve a ton.

DragonsHelmetWP.png

Devin Hester Logo- This was actually a team effort from the Apprentice Competition. This is what we came up with:

DevinHester2.png

MegatronSig2.jpg

Hot damn, it has been a while since I've done a real concept. Too long. I'm sure by now whatever few skills I had have worn away, but I will always love these LA Clippers and BC Eagles concepts I did:

outlines.pngbasketball.png

Let me just say that the reason I love this thread is because it's not about being the best. People are super proud of their MS Paint concepts and such that might not be the cleanest, and they should be. That passion and pride is what makes a good designer, not the best programs. Every concept in this thread is the Best Damn Concept... that its creator could do. And that's why this is so great to see.

...That said, the logo-related accomplishment I am most proud of on this board has to be the SVG Movement and Inkscape tutorials. I'm not the best designer, but there are tons of talented young designers on this board that are churning up truly, truly amazing stuff and knowing (or at least thinking ^_^) that I made a difference in harnessing that talent and passion and channeling it through a tool that allowed them to get their start making quality designs is invaluable to me. If my efforts and hard work really did/does help people who want to make cool logos do it easier and better, then that is the most important thing because seeing their results is breathtaking and is a true source of pride, even if it was through the Internet and these are people I have never met. Seeing the SVG Movement pinned every time I visit Concepts is a constant reminder that everything I have done for that cause has paid off. Bravo to all you guys.

Might be a bit soon to post this here, but for my very first attempt at rebranding a team, and more importantly for my first time ever properly designing a logo, I'm pleased with how this Ducks concept of mine turned out. The feedback I got really helped me to improve it.

Here's the current version of the primary logo:

PrimaryLogoVersion3.png

And here are the uniforms:

HomeUniformV2.png

RoadUniformV2.png

And here's a Red Wings third jersey I threw together in my earlier days on here, which I'm still pleased with, despite the slight bland-ness of the jersey and despite the fact that the crest is just a mashup of logos that the Wings have used.

Detroitconcept1.png

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I suppose I'd better add my Blue Jays concept to the list due to the high praise it's been getting. Thanks, everybody, for the constructive critique on that concept that made it even better by my last update.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

here are a couple others of my favourites

West Sydney Pirates American Football Club rebrand

Pirates_Logo_Render.png

Pirates_Monogram_Render.png

Carolina Panthers logo redesign

PANTHERS%20HELMET.png

panthers.png

Love the Pirates logo... Always thought the Raiders logo you did was great, too...

Wish Carolina would adopt your "upgrade"...

applogosig17.pngapplogosig16bychapeeko.png

Courtesy chapeeko

• 1 month later...

here are a couple others of my favourites

West Sydney Pirates American Football Club rebrand

Pirates_Logo_Render.png

Pirates_Monogram_Render.png

Westover Athletics Club Brand

REBELS%20(0.00.00.00).png

Carolina Panthers logo redesign

PANTHERS%20HELMET.png

panthers.png

Natal Sharks Rebrand

SHARKS.jpg

These are all top shelf stuff that should be used at the highest professional level. You sir, are a talented man with trendsetting abilities.

PvO6ZWJ.png

My computer crashed about two months ago and I lost everything that I neglected to back up. External harddrives are your friends. here is some of my work that survived.

I am most proud of the logo I did on my Blue Jackets alternate. It took a couple years of revisiting it and going back to get it to where I wanted it.

cbjhome.png

also, the only logo I've ever been paid for.

logo.png

It's for a general contractor who had me put together a whole brochure and sign package. It was a great experience.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I have a bunch I really like from some of my projects (which will continue once I graduate during Christmas).

However, one of my personal favorites is also from Draw Brawl. It was my best attempt at a full event package. Here is my entry to the Buenos Aires round:

BuenosAiresAllStarGame.png

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Archived