2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

So where's Kolb getting traded to?

We'd take him in a heartbeat in Buffalo if Andrew Luck doesn't fall into our laps next spring.

You guys have a solid QB in Fitzpatrick. I don't think getting another potential #1 is the way to go.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'd take him in a heartbeat in Buffalo if Andrew Luck doesn't fall into our laps next spring.

You guys have a solid QB in Fitzpatrick. I don't think getting another potential #1 is the way to go.

Fitz has the heart of a lion and has the brain to succeed....he just doesn't have the physical gifts to back it up. Misses too many of the big throws that win ballgames.

audio_visual_chad_dukes.jpg

You think his Redskins rant is good, wait till you hear the one he does about how there aren't enough black women in Seattle.

He's a portly fella, but he's not a bad guy, he's someone who says what's on his mind. While living in Phoenix, I got to know him pretty well and talk to him to this day. Probably the biggest Redskins fan i've ever known. But he has a huge following not only in DC, but in Phoenix as well.

Assuming he's offered a fair deal, I think Vick will re-sign since he said he owes the Eagles after they were loyal to him the last two seasons and gave him a second chance. If he returns, Kolb will demand a trade. Besides Minnesota, he could end up in San Francisco or Arizona...

Vick doesn't owe :cursing: to the Eagles. If he was playing half as well as he was right now, you'd be falling all over yourself to dump him on another team. If another team is willing to pay him more than the Eags will for his services, he has every right to leave. Period.

Nobody on the board ever said that Vick owes the Eagles anything. BigEd said that Vick said that he owes the Eagles. Whether or not Vick was playing half as well and people were clamoring to dump him is completely irrelevant to the discussion. Besides, that could be said about any player on any team in any sport. Of course you want to dump them if they suck and cause trouble.

It's professional football, so of course the player has every right (if not an obligation to himself and his family) to get the best deal he can. I think that Vick's point is that he's better poised for success with Reid and Morningwheg as his coaches, can perform better in this offense, and that ultimately sets him up for more (financial) opportunities than signing with some stupid team that gives him a big contract and then he goes back to his old Falcons playing ways, gets discouraged, and either messes up and gets booted from the league or is not wanted by anyone after that contract expires (or he gets cut, depending on the CBA.) It would be a "take less to earn more" kind of thing. "Period".

All that being said, I say let him walk. Despite his amazing play so far, he is still one strike away from being banished. One strike. You have Kevin Kolb who was offensive player of the week in his first full game this year, and has a lot of promise (albeit he plays a totally different style than Vick.) Kolb is the long-term guy, and it would suck to get rid of him only to have Vick do something dumb and get the lifetime ban. Then what - Mike Kafka? Staying with Vick is too risky, despite what he's doing now.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This is Fitzpatrick's 6th Season. If you're that old, you really aren't a good "quarterback of the future".

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Just bear in mind it also took Trent Green a few years and a busted kneecap before he became a pretty darn good quarterback for the KC Chiefs. (And unlike many other QB's, he wasn't exactly "born to be a quarterback"...he actually had to work at it.)

Not saying Brainiac Fitzpatrick will pan out the same, just figured I'd offer some perspective.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Kolb is the long-term guy, and it would suck to get rid of him only to have Vick do something dumb and get the lifetime ban. Then what - Mike Kafka?

Yes, because that will unleash a host of Kafka jokes on an unwitting sports blogosphere. He could really metamorphosize the Eagles' offense. Andy Reid found himself transformed into a monstrous vermin. That dirty hit on him is going to subject the Giants' linebacker to the NFL's crushing bureaucratic labyrinth to which there is no logic and no escape. This could be the most fun anyone has until the debut of nose tackle prospect Steve Tolstoy.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Assuming he's offered a fair deal, I think Vick will re-sign since he said he owes the Eagles after they were loyal to him the last two seasons and gave him a second chance. If he returns, Kolb will demand a trade. Besides Minnesota, he could end up in San Francisco or Arizona...

Vick doesn't owe :cursing: to the Eagles. If he was playing half as well as he was right now, you'd be falling all over yourself to dump him on another team. If another team is willing to pay him more than the Eags will for his services, he has every right to leave. Period.

Nobody on the board ever said that Vick owes the Eagles anything. BigEd said that Vick said that he owes the Eagles. Whether or not Vick was playing half as well and people were clamoring to dump him is completely irrelevant to the discussion. Besides, that could be said about any player on any team in any sport. Of course you want to dump them if they suck and cause trouble.

It's professional football, so of course the player has every right (if not an obligation to himself and his family) to get the best deal he can. I think that Vick's point is that he's better poised for success with Reid and Morningwheg as his coaches, can perform better in this offense, and that ultimately sets him up for more (financial) opportunities than signing with some stupid team that gives him a big contract and then he goes back to his old Falcons playing ways, gets discouraged, and either messes up and gets booted from the league or is not wanted by anyone after that contract expires (or he gets cut, depending on the CBA.) It would be a "take less to earn more" kind of thing. "Period".

I still think my point stands. Pretty words in an ugly business. Sure its better for him to stay right now, but once something better comes along, he'll walk. You say let him, but I don't know how many agree. Especially if you can keep Vick AND Kolb around.

I will step back a minute here and admit that I misread BigEd the first time and didn't acknowledge it. My apologies BigEd, no promises on it not happening again, but I should have read a bit harder.

Also, to be clear, I don't give a rat's ass about Vick or the Eagles. I've heard a few people around my job talking about how much Vick owes the Eagles and how he should just be thankful that he's got a job and blah blah blah and have been arguing the point that not a one of us would stay for less money/less success if a better opportunity came along like we expect athletes to since(because dammit I'm right! :P ). My responses to Ed were mostly carryover annoyance from that.

I know this might be random, but I was the NFL Replay of the Cowboys-Giants game played this past sunday, and man, Eli Manning is such a little b*tch, He's getting all angry at his WR, Nicks, for the interception.

Even if Nicks messed up on the route, Eli still threw it when he could obviously see that McCann was in the way. He just sounds like a little b*tch who crys when something doesn't go as plan.

Coming from a Cowboys fan, I hope the Eagles destroy Eli/Giants.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Blackout Watch 2010 Continues:

--Jacksonville has been granted an extension to avoid a blackout in their game against Cleveland.

--Cincinnati's streak of sellouts ends, as their game against lowly Buffalo will be blacked out.

--The Denver/San Diego game could potentially be the first blacked out Monday night game since 1999.

--The St. Louis Rams, as of a few hours ago, have 1,000 tickets left to sell out their game against Atlanta, unless they pull out another extension.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

San Diego is suffering from late-90s/early-mid-00s Braves Syndrome: The team is good enough to the point where winning the division is a gimme, but not winning anything else of substance. Add that to the fact that San Diego is another one of those cities with the "much better stuff to do than to watch a pro team," tag stuck to it & now they're struggling to sell out Monday Night games against a divisional rival.

San Diego is suffering from late-90s/early-mid-00s Braves Syndrome: The team is good enough to the point where winning the division is a gimme, but not winning anything else of substance. Add that to the fact that San Diego is another one of those cities with the "much better stuff to do than to watch a pro team," tag stuck to it & now they're struggling to sell out Monday Night games against a divisional rival.

Yeah, but there shouldn't be any excuses as to why a winning football team can't sell out eight games. Granted, I don't know the economic state of San Diego, but it's a damning sign that they can't sell out games against teams that they've got long-standing rivalries with.

Have the Chargers sold out a game yet this year?

I know this might be random, but I was the NFL Replay of the Cowboys-Giants game played this past sunday, and man, Eli Manning is such a little b*tch, He's getting all angry at his WR, Nicks, for the interception.

Even if Nicks messed up on the route, Eli still threw it when he could obviously see that McCann was in the way. He just sounds like a little b*tch who crys when something doesn't go as plan.

Coming from a Cowboys fan, I hope the Eagles destroy Eli/Giants.

Oh look, the Cowboy fan is calling the quarterback of his team's rivals a b*tch. This is about as surprising as a Miami Hurricanes fan calling someone a "homo".

Also, its good to see the Rams have completely stalled out momentum even when they persist in gagging up 4th quarter leads.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Yeah, but there shouldn't be any excuses as to why a winning football team can't sell out eight games. Granted, I don't know the economic state of San Diego, but it's a damning sign that they can't sell out games against teams that they've got long-standing rivalries with.

Have the Chargers sold out a game yet this year?

Has there ever been a Monday Night game blackout? I remember in 2002 Jets-Raiders was in trouble, but it still avoided the blackout.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Archived