2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

I can't wait until he's out of the league just so you guys will shut up about him. You're worse than ESPN because at least they're obligated to cover him. You're obessessive to the point of being annoying. I can't wait until the NFL threads aren't bogged down by all of this anti-Favre babble.

Don't get me wrong, I dislike the guy too, but for real...let some stuff go. He'll be gone after this season if not earlier, which means 6 more weeks at the very most. Relax.

Part of it is the realization that we were right. Last season we pointed out that the Vikes had a soft schedule and that they lost to every decent team they played. Then we all said this would happen if he came back this season, that is constant need to have his ego appeased would result in him embarrassing himself. With people telling us how wrong we were, how last season proved he was back on top of his game, how we were just looking to be argumentative and unfair, etc... Go back and read the FarveWatch 2010 thread if you want, it's all there.

So now, yeah. We were right. He's finally proved himself to be the selfish hack we've saying he's been for years. So allow us to continue to enjoy being right :P

Well when everybody is right about something it's not really worth celebrating. It's not like you guys foretold the end of humanity. You foretold the end of a career of an already old quarterback whose talent has been fading for 5 years. You guys aren't the geniuses you think you are.

What I'm saying is that I'm just as sick of hearing "Brent Favre magic!!!!!!!zomgone11111" after every incomplete pass or interception as I am of Brett Favre himself. You guys aren't that smart and now you're coming off as irritatingly obsessive when it comes to this guys demise.

6 weeks, if that.

And you've fallen into the false assumption that simply being contrarian to a commonly held opinion makes you smarter then those who hold said opinion. Two way street chief.

Anyway here's the thing, what we've been right about isn't something that everyone's been right about. Not only were we sick, absolutely sick of the media gushing over his every action last year, we were sick of people outside of the media, fellow CCSLC posters in some cases, repeating it and telling us how wrong we were for being sick of the man. We're gloating because we've been proven right when so many people have been borderline cultish in their support for the man.

You've driven your point all year. Now it's just childish and really pointless.

You realize you're part of this little cycle of "pointlessness" eh?

You and people like you, who made every excuse for the man, who pouted at every negative thing said of the man, who put him on this pedestal as the greatest to play the game, you facilitated this extreme joy we're feeling in seeing him embarrass himself each and every week. If our act has grown tired, then your pro-Farve act is even more so, because ours is a direct response to yours.

Well if Denver is to pull a crazy comeback I win 300 bucks in my work pick em pool.

I need a Bronco win and for the total to be more then 45. Yeah not going to happen sadly.

Maybe you shouldn't have let personal preferences cloud your judgment on who you picked to win. Denver's domination of KC last week not withstanding, I don't think anyone would have considered them a better team then the Chargers.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it's nice to see the Bolts dominate a divisional opponent. After loses to KC and Oakland this was a must win (never mind the fact that they needed the win just to keep pace with KC).

While watching the Broncos get dominated never gets old, part of me is filled with "WHY COULDN'T YOU PLAY LIKE THIS AT THE START OF THE SEASON" rage. Oh well. The standard Chargers season formula seems to be in the making. Dominant the rest of the season and into the playoffs where they'll lose by 2 in a game where they either miss five field goals throughout the game or miss the game winner with 10 seconds left. This thing's easier to predict then WWE programming.

Guess which team gets to play Denver on the rebound next week.

Bleh....

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I can't wait until he's out of the league just so you guys will shut up about him. You're worse than ESPN because at least they're obligated to cover him. You're obessessive to the point of being annoying. I can't wait until the NFL threads aren't bogged down by all of this anti-Favre babble.

Don't get me wrong, I dislike the guy too, but for real...let some stuff go. He'll be gone after this season if not earlier, which means 6 more weeks at the very most. Relax.

Part of it is the realization that we were right. Last season we pointed out that the Vikes had a soft schedule and that they lost to every decent team they played. Then we all said this would happen if he came back this season, that is constant need to have his ego appeased would result in him embarrassing himself. With people telling us how wrong we were, how last season proved he was back on top of his game, how we were just looking to be argumentative and unfair, etc... Go back and read the FarveWatch 2010 thread if you want, it's all there.

So now, yeah. We were right. He's finally proved himself to be the selfish hack we've saying he's been for years. So allow us to continue to enjoy being right :P

Well when everybody is right about something it's not really worth celebrating. It's not like you guys foretold the end of humanity. You foretold the end of a career of an already old quarterback whose talent has been fading for 5 years. You guys aren't the geniuses you think you are.

What I'm saying is that I'm just as sick of hearing "Brent Favre magic!!!!!!!zomgone11111" after every incomplete pass or interception as I am of Brett Favre himself. You guys aren't that smart and now you're coming off as irritatingly obsessive when it comes to this guys demise.

6 weeks, if that.

And you've fallen into the false assumption that simply being contrarian to a commonly held opinion makes you smarter then those who hold said opinion. Two way street chief.

Anyway here's the thing, what we've been right about isn't something that everyone's been right about. Not only were we sick, absolutely sick of the media gushing over his every action last year, we were sick of people outside of the media, fellow CCSLC posters in some cases, repeating it and telling us how wrong we were for being sick of the man. We're gloating because we've been proven right when so many people have been borderline cultish in their support for the man.

Never said I was contrarian. In fact, I am anti-favre myself (as posted). Also, never said I was smarter than you guys, simply said that you guys aren't as smart as you think you are. That doesn't mean that I'm smarter than you. To me, at least, it was fairly obvious that Favre playing this year was a bad idea from the get go and I think most people figured that out around week 4. I don't find it impressive that some people arrived at that opinion and thus don't need to be reminded of their opinion over and over and over and over and over over and over.

As for the media coverage, everyone was sick of it. I'm also sick of the media coverage gushing over him, but you guys constantly complaining about it doesn't help the media coverage go away.

Here's my problem with the constant favre chatter and the line that you need to re-read, "What I'm saying is that I'm just as sick of hearing "Brent Favre magic!!!!!!!zomgone11111" after every incomplete pass or interception as I am of Brett Favre himself."

Perhaps I should've left out the line about not being as smart as you think because it may have clouded what I was trying to say. You're still coming off as irritatingly obsessive though.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Josh McDaniel has ruined the Broncos

18 months ago, Josh McDouchebag was handed the keys to a good team featuring a up-and-coming quarterback and a superstar wide receiver. Ever since then, he's run all the talent off, reached on a quarterback in the first round that he doesn't even use, and is currently on pace to finish the season with FOUR WINS. Have the Broncos EVER finished 4-12???

This dude is a joke. The city of Denver doesn't deserve this. For their sake, I hope Bowlen fires this assclown the moment the season ends. It's official: Josh McDaniels, just like every other Belichick disciple, sucks a fat one!

6uXNWAo.png

18 months ago, Josh McDouchebag was handed the keys to a good team featuring a up-and-coming quarterback and a superstar wide receiver. Ever since then, he's run all the talent off, reached on a quarterback in the frsit round that he doesn't even use, and is currently on pace to finish the season with FOUR WINS. Have the Broncos EVER finished 4-12???

Between 1960 and 1972 they only had one season were they finished with more than 5 wins (1962, 7 wins). Of course this during the era of the 14 game regular season. Along with the 1990 5-11 season and the 1999 6-10 season. But to answer your question, no. I don't think they have ever finished exactly 4-12.

The front office moves that McDaniels and Bowlen (Bowlen is pretty heavily involved with the front office) have made within the last two years have been boneheaded at best. And these moves have put the team in such a hole, that even if McDaniels is fired, it'll be a long time before the Broncos return to a play-off caliber team.

jNTsTyQ.png

18 months ago, Josh McDouchebag was handed the keys to a good team featuring a up-and-coming quarterback and a superstar wide receiver. Ever since then, he's run all the talent off, reached on a quarterback in the first round that he doesn't even use, and is currently on pace to finish the season with FOUR WINS. Have the Broncos EVER finished 4-12???

This dude is a joke. The city of Denver doesn't deserve this. For their sake, I hope Bowlen fires this assclown the moment the season ends. It's official: Josh McDaniels, just like every other Belichick disciple, sucks a fat one!

Don't forget he also traded Peyton Hillis for Brady Quinn.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Yes! Another high-priced quarterback that will only see action with a headset and clipboard.

Josh McDaniels is a brilliant, brilliant man. With his white hat and rolled up hoodie, he's been able to mold the Broncos into a real winner. Any team would be lucky to have him as their leader.

6uXNWAo.png

He just embarrassed himself on national TV against the organization he demonized for having the audacity to jettison his selfish, primadonna a** for arguably the best QB in the league right now. Chances are there'd be a lot of Favre talk this week even if the media wasn't constantly shoveling him down our throats.

Do you have any idea who we're talking about here? Don't assume he's going away because he had a bad year. His season with the Jets didn't get rid of him neither did any of the seasons in Green Bay when he pulled this "will he or won't he" crap before his first "official" retirement. Even if he's not on someones roster by opening day of 2011 (assuming there is such a thing as the NFL next year), there's the very real possibility of him getting a phone call in November from a desperate team trying to salvage its season. I'll believe we're rid of him when we have something to go on besides the word of a guy whose in the middle of this third consecutive "comeback."

18 months ago, Josh McDouchebag was handed the keys to a good team featuring a up-and-coming quarterback and a superstar wide receiver. Ever since then, he's run all the talent off, reached on a quarterback in the frsit round that he doesn't even use, and is currently on pace to finish the season with FOUR WINS. Have the Broncos EVER finished 4-12???

Between 1960 and 1972 they only had one season were they finished with more than 5 wins (1962, 7 wins). Of course this during the era of the 14 game regular season. Along with the 1990 5-11 season and the 1999 6-10 season. But to answer your question, no. I don't think they have ever finished exactly 4-12.

The front office moves that McDaniels and Bowlen (Bowlen is pretty heavily involved with the front office) have made within the last two years have been boneheaded at best. And these moves have put the team in such a hole, that even if McDaniels is fired, it'll be a long time before the Broncos return to a play-off caliber team.

Also in the strike season of 1982 they were 2-7.

Personally I don't think the future is as bleak for the Broncos as all that. McDaniels is an issue, but get rid of him, get some good player personnel guys in, and the team can rebuild pretty quick.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I love it when McDumbass and the Broncos lose. Great win for the Bolts, us Chargers fans have really needed this current winning streak.

And a huge game for San Diego this upcoming Sunday night in Indianapolis. If the Bolts can get the win, they might not lose again until the playoffs.

6fQjS3M.png

Don't forget, he is also the only idiot who thought Tebow was worth a first rounder.

Somewhere I forgot that the head coach, and the head coach alone, makes every trade and drafts every player. Gee, I wonder why they have a GM.

While you make a good point, the thing with Brian Xanders (Broncos GM) is that he is rarely, if ever, seen or heard from. When Bowlen fired Shanahan he made a very big deal about hiring a true GM, but the GM he hired is basically just a front man. Zanders has the title of GM but the roster moves and draft picks are mainly, if not solely, McDaniels' doing.

If the Broncos finish 5-11 or worse there just isn't a justifiable way you can bring McDaniels back. If they do keep him around after going 5-11, it's going to be extremely hard to explain to the fan base. The way McDaniels hadles the final 6 games is going to be a big indicater on how comfortable he feels that he'll be back next year. If you see him put Tebow and the rest of the young guys in (which there aren't that many of) so they can buld for next year, it is safe to say that he believes he will be around next year regardless on how the season ends. But if they're 3-9 and he's stil got all the startes in there and pushing them full speed, then he's probably a little worried about the possibility of him getting fired.

jNTsTyQ.png

Archived