2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

Any chance more people end up watching the Giants-Vikes game than the Ravens-Texans game just based on the rarity of the situation?

I doubt it.

Unless you have Sunday Ticket, the Giants-Vikings game is only being shown in the New York City and Minneapolis immediate TV markets (as well as a couple others, but that's it). The NFL has to protect ESPN's MNF broadcast rights.

True but don't the vast majority of bars have Sunday Ticket?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone else notice following SNF, Tashard Choice asking for, and getting, Michael Vick's autograph?... "Mike, it was a pleasure watching you beat our ass. Sign my glove, bro?"

That + DeSean's celebration made that probably the funniest game of the day for me. Reminded me of the Dream Team signing autographs for other teams they crushed in Barcelona. Hilarious.

DeSean Jackson. Yet another class-less move by a class-less player.

Still gets me fantasy points though, lol.

If you didn't laugh at that then you can't laugh at anything.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So a guy on the Jets sideline just intentionally tripped one of the Dolphins running to cover a punt. Classy.

Now, I would like to see the Jets lose every game and lose in the playoffs to the Raiders. I detest them with a passion. Real freakin' classy move.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

That DeSean Jackson touchdown was awesome. If I just broke off for a 90-yard reception, I'd be proud too. And the kicker of it is that if Newman had been paying attention and not given up on the play, he might have been able to shove Jackson out of bounds while he was prepping his fall. Among the funnier and more creative things I've seen on the field in a while. The NFL needs more guys who have fun doing their jobs.

And this is coming from a Giants fan.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Temperature in San Diego: 80

Total yards by the Chiefs: 67

Niners are 5-8. What will always gnaw at me is Week 7 in Carolina. David frickin' Gettis of all people gets 120 yards and 2 TDs. Couldn't protect Smith against a punchless Panther defense. It's looking like it will be their only win of the year. God if we had that one, were tied for the division. Today only proves what could've been this year.

Lets prove we are the kings of the Golden State on Thursday.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

It's amazing how things like Jackson are so frowned upon, yet full-on choreographed dance numbers like Mike Tolbert's don't even yield a flag.

Then again, I've always wondered with the standards they have why high-stepping hasn't already been outlawed.

VmWIn6B.png

It's good to know I didn't miss much Sunday while my family attempted to get me killed by driving home from Wisconsin in the middle of a Blizzard. (We gave up an hour short of home.)

Oh well, I was kind of expecting the loss. Here's hoping for a 3-0 run to finish off the year.

deadsheep.jpg

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Can anyone who is a Seahawks fan here explain to me how the hell the freaking 49ers, a team Seattle curbstomped in the season opener in Seattle, all of a sudden appears and drops 40!

This doesn't make sense. How can the crappy Niners be this good all of a sudden?

Whatever... Bring on the Falcons.

Can anyone who is a Seahawks fan here explain to me how the hell the freaking 49ers, a team Seattle curbstomped in the season opener in Seattle, all of a sudden appears and drops 40!

This doesn't make sense. How can the crappy Niners be this good all of a sudden?

Whatever... Bring on the Falcons.

You think Pete could inspire his boys for just one lousy week and beat a team that just flew 2600 miles and is looking ahead to a MNF showdown with their bitter division rivals? Just askin'. B)

BTW, pray to whatever God you worship that my wife, a proud Sooner grad, never sees your sig. She'll hunt you down, man. You think Linda Hamilton had it bad in the first Terminator film? My wife is the only woman I've ever known who gets more upset when her team loses than I do when mine does. :wacko:

Moving to SNF, there should have been a flag on the sideline hit on Vick if only for consistency's sake. Because as Michaels and Collinsworth pointed out, if that's ANY other QB in this league, it's 15 yards in a heartbeat.

On the Jackson TD, what's scary is that, especially from the end zone view looking at him running towards the camera, he's got several DBs flat-out hauling in pursuit and you can tell he's nowhere near his top gear. As for his antics at the goal line, well, if I was one of those DBs he'd have gotten drilled.

OTOH, if I had been one of those DBs, Jackson would have been Nestea'ing into the end zone and I'd have been around the Eagles' 40. See, I have deceptive speed - I'm slower than I look. :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Did I not "lol"? ;)

I will admit that I got excited seeing the long touchdown since I have Jackson on my team. Helped since I forgot to take Frank Gore out and Aaron Rodgers had a concussion.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Moving to SNF, there should have been a flag on the sideline hit on Vick if only for consistency's sake. Because as Michaels and Collinsworth pointed out, if that's ANY other QB in this league, it's 15 yards in a heartbeat.

Collinsworth actually pointed out the inconsistencies of NFL officiating?

Did I not "lol"? ;)

I will admit that I got excited seeing the long touchdown since I have Jackson on my team. Helped since I forgot to take Frank Gore out and Aaron Rodgers had a concussion.

Obligatory "no one gives a :censored: about your fantasy team" post.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

This doesn't make sense.

They are predictably unpredictable.

The Seahawks, along with the rest of the division, are just awful. I feel like I have to apologize to someone every time they're on. But after fourteen weeks of this crap, it's just white noise.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Irony of the day: while watching the Jets sideline tripping incident on NFL Rewind, just after the injured Dolphin who was tripped was helped off the field, the Jets' PA announcer can be heard saying, "The Jets thank you for doing your part in making today's game safe and enjoyable for everyone." :wacko:

If you didn't see this, a Jets staffer on the sideline tripped a Dolphin punt team gunner who'd been forced out of bounds.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived