2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

Bet that Jets staffer has been beat up by the more athletic guys since he was a kid, so he's really not afraid of any retaliation from the Dolphins.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone who is a Seahawks fan here explain to me how the hell the freaking 49ers, a team Seattle curbstomped in the season opener in Seattle, all of a sudden appears and drops 40!

This doesn't make sense.

They are predictably unpredictable.

Which is why I'm hoping the Falcons are taking this week's game dead seriously...Then again, they curbstomped Carolina without too much of a problem & they're 5-2 (undefeated outside of Pennsylvania :P) on the road (so this whole "Teh Falcanz arunt a gud road team!!1!!1" crap from the media needs to stop) so I know that Smitty's gonna have the team ready. That's probably gonna be a very tough game, especially considering that the Seahawks are somehow still in the division title race. :wacko:

Also, I just realized that the Steelers beat the Bengals 23-7 w/o scoring an offensive touchdown. The Bengals offense actually outscored the Steelers offense 7-6. :lol: There were some other weird stats that happened yesterday as well. What an odd NFL week.

Can anyone who is a Seahawks fan here explain to me how the hell the freaking 49ers, a team Seattle curbstomped in the season opener in Seattle, all of a sudden appears and drops 40!

This doesn't make sense. How can the crappy Niners be this good all of a sudden?

Whatever... Bring on the Falcons.

You think Pete could inspire his boys for just one lousy week and beat a team that just flew 2600 miles and is looking ahead to a MNF showdown with their bitter division rivals? Just askin'. B)

BTW, pray to whatever God you worship that my wife, a proud Sooner grad, never sees your sig. She'll hunt you down, man. You think Linda Hamilton had it bad in the first Terminator film? My wife is the only woman I've ever known who gets more upset when her team loses than I do when mine does. :wacko:

I hope. The fact that St. Louis didn't win yesterday does soften the blow a little. Now, which Seahawks team is going to show up at home next week? Will it be the team that ran hapless Carolina out of town or will it be the team that let Kansas City, a team that didn't even get 100 yards of offense in San Diego yesterday, just run all over them?

Oh, and your wife should be OK. It's all in jest... I'd pick Oklahoma to win the Fiesta, but I have this sig (BTW, thanks to Kevin W. for actually making it) as a way to show that picking Oklahoma in a BCS game has it risks. :P

One more thing: Keep doing what you do best, DeSean... Keep on clowning them DB's (even if it means taking a penalty for doing so).

You know this year started with such hope for the Redskins:

* Jim Zorn replaced by Mke Shanahan

* Finally hired an honest-to-goodness GM

* Spent top draft pick on an O-Lineman

* Campbell replaced by McNabb (debatable, but widely seen as an upgrade in Redskins nation at the time)

Then we have a game like yesterday

* Unable to get anything done in the red zone

* Awful FG kicking

* Botched snap on an extra point right when it looked liek they might have a chance

Throw in the whole Haynesworth thing (overpriced free agent making a :censored:load of money, not playing worth a damn and then leaving the team with said $$$)

It's the same old, same old Redskins. I blame Snyder (of course), but it's got to be a culture of the team issue.

I hope they spend their first-rounder (sure to be high) on O-line. Hell, I hope they keep as many picks as possible the next 3 years (no trading them away) and spend them all on O-line. McNabb & Torain are a good enough tandem (even if the WRs kind of suck, make do with Moss, Armstrong & Banks) whilst the line is rebuilt. when the line has something approaching talent and depth, then start looking for QB/WR/RB.

The only positive from 2010 right now is at least the Cowboys won't sweep the 'Skins

This doesn't make sense. How can the crappy Niners be this good all of a sudden?

Whatever... Bring on the Falcons.

You think Pete could inspire his boys for just one lousy week and beat a team that just flew 2600 miles and is looking ahead to a MNF showdown with their bitter division rivals? Just askin'. B)

BTW, pray to whatever God you worship that my wife, a proud Sooner grad, never sees your sig. She'll hunt you down, man. You think Linda Hamilton had it bad in the first Terminator film? My wife is the only woman I've ever known who gets more upset when her team loses than I do when mine does. :wacko:

I hope. The fact that St. Louis didn't win yesterday does soften the blow a little. Now, which Seahawks team is going to show up at home next week? Will it be the team that ran hapless Carolina out of town or will it be the team that let Kansas City, a team that didn't even get 100 yards of offense in San Diego yesterday, just run all over them?

Oh, and your wife should be OK. It's all in jest... I'd pick Oklahoma to win the Fiesta, but I have this sig (BTW, thanks to Kevin W. for actually making it) as a way to show that picking Oklahoma in a BCS game has it risks. :P

One more thing: Keep doing what you do best, DeSean... Keep on clowning them DB's (even if it means taking a penalty for doing so).

Oh, OU's going down in the Fiesta, there's no question. They're at their best when they're the underdog with something to prove (65-17 over #2 Texas Tech a couple years ago) and their worst as the top dog trying to prove it belongs (everything in your sig). I didn't say my wife and I deny reality, we're just not very happy about it. :D

They used to call Stoops "Big Game Bob." My name for him now is the Big Game Boob.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

You know this year started with such hope for the Redskins:

* Jim Zorn replaced by Mke Shanahan

* Finally hired an honest-to-goodness GM

* Spent top draft pick on an O-Lineman

* Campbell replaced by McNabb (debatable, but widely seen as an upgrade in Redskins nation at the time)

Then we have a game like yesterday

* Unable to get anything done in the red zone

* Awful FG kicking

* Botched snap on an extra point right when it looked liek they might have a chance

Throw in the whole Haynesworth thing (overpriced free agent making a :censored:load of money, not playing worth a damn and then leaving the team with said $$$)

It's the same old, same old Redskins. I blame Snyder (of course), but it's got to be a culture of the team issue.

I hope they spend their first-rounder (sure to be high) on O-line. Hell, I hope they keep as many picks as possible the next 3 years (no trading them away) and spend them all on O-line. McNabb & Torain are a good enough tandem (even if the WRs kind of suck, make do with Moss, Armstrong & Banks) whilst the line is rebuilt. when the line has something approaching talent and depth, then start looking for QB/WR/RB.

The only positive from 2010 right now is at least the Cowboys won't sweep the 'Skins

True, but the Cowboys are still going to end up with a better record than the 'Skins.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Well, with the news of the Metrodone collapsing, it's going to be interesting as to how the Vikings handle this one for their remaining home games. If the 2011 season happens, will any repairs to the dome be completed by then?

The next home game is next Monday night. From what I've heard, only a few of the Teflon roof panels were damaged. And since the dome is basically held up by air, there didn't seem to be any major structual damage.

Doesn't make it seem any safer, but it doesn't sound like it will take long to fix.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Bet that Jets staffer has been beat up by the more athletic guys since he was a kid, so he's really not afraid of any retaliation from the Dolphins.

A- I doubt a strength and conditioning coach has been getting beat up much.

B- What? Is your intent to take a jab at the Jets or at the people who work behind the scenes at ALL sports teams?

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Archived