2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

And a thought. A team with a losing record hasn't entered the NFL playoffs since 1982.

You're a :censored: ing retard. If you're going to provide some source of information, at least go into SOME detail. Your post is like when a team has 3rd and 10 and some graphic says that they are 2/7 on 3rd down, equating 3rd and 10 to 3rd and 2. The NFL did not have divisions in 1982, only conferences. Teams played 9 regular season games and the playoff format was different in that 8 teams made the playoffs in 1982.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And a thought. A team with a losing record hasn't entered the NFL playoffs since 1982.

You're a :censored: ing retard. If you're going to provide some source of information, at least go into SOME detail. Your post is like when a team has 3rd and 10 and some graphic says that they are 2/7 on 3rd down, equating 3rd and 10 to 3rd and 2. The NFL did not have divisions in 1982, only conferences. Teams played 9 regular season games and the playoff format was different in that 8 teams made the playoffs in 1982.

You're overanalzying it, Eye. While you're right that the NFL didn't have divisions, only played 9 games and had a different format in 1982, will is right: two teams qualified for the playoffs with losing records, one from each conference (Cleveland in the AFC and Detroit in the NFC).

You seem to forget that the Bears and Packers are also in the division, and the Vikings won't be getting any worse. Last I checked no more than 3 teams from one division can make the playoffs.

The Packers are bipolar, the Bears are frauds, and the Vikes aren't going to have a real QB for a couple of years.

You seem to forget that the Bears and Packers are also in the division, and the Vikings won't be getting any worse. Last I checked no more than 3 teams from one division can make the playoffs.

The Packers are bipolar, the Bears are frauds, and the Vikes aren't going to have a real QB for a couple of years.

And we won't touch the Lions with a 12-foot pole.

Just my type of Division :P

It's very possible that the Lions could be contenders in this Division within a couple years.... Barring consistency at the Quarterback position. That means Matt Stafford has to play 16 or in their case 17 games.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

The Giants could of won the game... But, you know: Could of, would of, should of... but didn't.

Now, how much you want to bet the New York media is going to clean and gut the Giants like a fish after this debacle?

Oh, and one more thing:

Since you're too dense to figure it out, will is talking about the NFC West winner. More then likely you'll see either an 8-8 or 7-9 team win that division. Plus, nobody gives a rat's ass about the Viqueens to begin with... Hell, if it wasn't for the fact they're playing outside on Monday night, I would really think no one would care about the fact that the Vikings are probably going to get massacred by an angry Bears team that needs to take it out on someone.

Funny, I think he's targeting Tank's claims that Detroit could be a Super Bowl contender.

And I stand by my statements. The Giants gave the Eagles that friggin' game. In my opinion, that sucks. Oh, and don't talk about playoffs. I don't think the Giants will win another game.

Willmorris is right, I was responding to tank but his post got in the middle of it. Think about the context of what I said, why would I throw those three teams in with the NFC West?

And we won't touch the Lions with a 12-foot pole.

And the Lions are perennial losers. However, they have young, legitimate NFL stars-in-the-making on both offense and defense and with a little luck and some health could find themselves in the playoffs next year.

Just my type of Division :P

It's very possible that the Lions could be contenders in this Division within a couple years.... Barring consistency at the Quarterback position. That means Matt Stafford has to play 16 or in their case 17 games.

Exactly what I said in my original post.

Watching the Broncos offensive and defensive lines make me want to punch a puppy. Those are the two major problems the Broncos have. The offensive line is very young, so I guess they deserve some time to develop before I make my final judgement. But the Broncos absolutely need to scrap that defensive line and start from scratch. Actually, that goes for their entire defense.

I am very surprised at how average Tim Tebow has been this game. I thought it would go one of two ways; Either 1, he would be incredibly bad or 2, he would be incredibly good. His one glaring problem that I see is that he holds the ball way too long sometimes, resulting in him having to run for his life only to eventually get sacked.

EDIT - The Raiders are undefeated in division games, but only third in the division standings. Very odd if you ask me.

jNTsTyQ.png

Falcons win again. Thanks to the Giants providing the NFL with the Choke of the Year, the Falcons are the first NFC team to clinch a playoff spot. All they have to do to clinch the division is win one of the next two games at home: Saints on MNF, & the Panthers. Surely they're getting one out of those two. I damn sure want both wins, though I SO HAPPEEE

Just 3 years ago, this team was in 100% George Clinton funk after the Vick-Petrino atomic bomb hit the franchise. Now, 11-5 in '08, 9-7 in '09, and already 12 victories in 2010. Never in my wildest dreams did I think the Falcons would be at this point in 2010. I'm ecstatic as hell.

EDIT: The Seahawks are 6-8, yet still tied for the divisional lead. lolNFCWest.

...and if THAT wasn't bad enough, while I was taking all that in, somehow or other, my Buccaneers managed to lose to the Lions? AT HOME?? WTF, man?? :cursing:

And imagine if we had our franchise QB who is better than your beloved Freeman or even our second string QB. I'm telling you, the Lions will be a playoff team next year if they can keep Stafford on the field.

Why you tryna start s#!t, Matt? :P

I don't "belove" Freeman just yet; I like the kid, though...he does have that moxie about him. Reminds me a lot of Chris Simms...for better or for worse. And he's already shown a knack for coming through in the clutch in the past. That said, yeah, Stafford is well ahead of Josh--I'll definitely give you that. And I know I already mentioned this once, but dude won me over a long time ago--after what he pulled off against the Browns with that busted shoulder his rookie season.

I'll also give your Lions their props...(if there is a) next season, that defense is going to be SCARY. The pieces are there. The offense will be better. And apparently, y'all got some serviceable depth at QB as well.

Oh--and Shumway, congrats to you too. (As well as to the guy who loves Asians.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

There's good news and bad news...

Good news: St. Louis keeps losing. That's great knowing the Lambs aren't any closer to the NFC West title.

Bad news: So does Seattle. A chance to take on the NFC's best and they get beaten senseless by a far better Atlanta team.

Two games left. Before the Seahawks and Lambs can finally settle the score for the NFC West, it's a trip to Tampa and a game with the Buccos. At this point, I'll take a win over a good Tampa Bay team over another disheartening blowout loss.

There's good news and bad news...

Good news: St. Louis keeps losing. That's great knowing the Lambs aren't any closer to the NFC West title.

Bad news: So does Seattle. A chance to take on the NFC's best and they get beaten senseless by a far better Atlanta team.

Two games left. Before the Seahawks and Lambs can finally settle the score for the NFC West, it's a trip to Tampa and a game with the Buccos. At this point, I'll take a win over a good Tampa Bay team over another disheartening blowout loss.

Sorry, it doesn't work that way, both the Seachickens and the Lambs have to lose next week to set up the epic week 17 matchup. First team to 7 wins...well, wins (unless San Francisco gets there too, right?).

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived