2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bengals don't even know how to tank to get a high draft pick haha. But really, I was hoping we'd lost out to get #2 at worst.

I've learned over the years not to root for high draft picks. The Bengals don't do anything with them and I don't think we're looking at a particularly solid incoming class anyways. I'll always take a win especially because all of my friends are cheesed off about the Browns right now and Peyton Hillis' lackluster performance. I love beating the Browns.

Congratulations to the Lions on their scheduling win.

Haha. Classic.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Wonder how Low Throw McBlow feels right now.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

You know, the Rams have posted a 5 game improvement over last year, could possibly hit 7 games for improvement, and win the Division. They also have a strong candidate for offensive rookie of the year and a statistically improved offense.

There is also plenty of objective game day evidence that their offensive coordinator needs to be terminated as soon as the season ends in spite of this improvement and performance.

/And no, the Rams would not be ungrateful b@stards for doing so.

deadsheep.jpg

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

This was a pretty cool week of NFL football. Normally it's a bunch of snoozefests with maybe two games that are mildly interesting. This week was just wild.

That Eagles comeback was nothing short incredible. 28 points in seven minutes? Wow. Sorry Giants fans but a Super Bowl caliber team simply doesn't let that happen. On the other hand, a Super Bowl caliber team does just what the Eagles did today.

So how many of us had the Jets going into Heinz Field and beating the Steelers? Especially after the Jets had scored a whopping 19 points in their last three games? After their loss to Miami last week I left the Jets for dead.

Tampa Bay is fighting for a playoff spot and they lose to the Lions? At home? Same thing with Miami. You lose to the Bills? At home?

Finally, who had Green Bay with Matt Flynn at QB giving the Patriots a game? And an O-lineman returns a kick 71 yards?

This week my NFL Sunday Ticket was worth every penny. The Red Zone channel is as good as it gets.

PS: The game was meaningless but Washington - Dallas was a helluva lot of fun too. Rex Grossman played a good game. The end of the world must be right around the corner.

BB52Big.jpg

Bad news: So does Seattle. A chance to take on the NFC's best and they get beaten senseless by a far better Atlanta ::insert team name here:: team.

Josh Brown will kick the game/division winner in week 17, and Seahawk fans will go on a murderous rampage.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

It's one thing for the NFL to reward division winners (especially those who are 7-9) an automatic spot in the playoffs, but to award them a home playoffs game over a Wild Card team who's got three or four more wins than them? something similar is going on over in the AFC as well, where both Wild Card teams will finish with better records than the botton two division winners. This is somethin the NFL has gotta look at over the offseason.

6uXNWAo.png

...and if THAT wasn't bad enough, while I was taking all that in, somehow or other, my Buccaneers managed to lose to the Lions? AT HOME?? WTF, man?? :cursing:

And imagine if we had our franchise QB who is better than your beloved Freeman or even our second string QB. I'm telling you, the Lions will be a playoff team next year if they can keep Stafford on the field.

Why you tryna start s#!t, Matt? :P

I don't "belove" Freeman just yet; I like the kid, though...he does have that moxie about him. Reminds me a lot of Chris Simms...for better or for worse. And he's already shown a knack for coming through in the clutch in the past. That said, yeah, Stafford is well ahead of Josh--I'll definitely give you that. And I know I already mentioned this once, but dude won me over a long time ago--after what he pulled off against the Browns with that busted shoulder his rookie season.

I'll also give your Lions their props...(if there is a) next season, that defense is going to be SCARY. The pieces are there. The offense will be better. And apparently, y'all got some serviceable depth at QB as well.

Oh--and Shumway, congrats to you too. (As well as to the guy who loves Asians.)

haha... I have to make myself feel better about my team somehow. It just so happens that your Bucs are in this week's crosshairs.

Actually, Freeman impressed me today from a physical perspective. He must have saved 3 or 4 sacks by just refusing to be dragged down. One time in the 2nd quarter, Suh had Freeman with one arm and was holding on for dear life, and the amazing thing was Josh threw the ball all the way across the field to Earnest Graham for a first down. He made a couple of mental mistakes that could have really cost his team (Delay of game, just chucking the ball up sometimes under pressure, etc) but he seemed to get away with them for most of the day. Freeman also was able to get his team out of 2nd and 25 or 3rd and 13 all day.

And, wow, did you guys find a nice gem in Blount. He is everything Ron Dayne was supposed to be. Speed, power, and a refusal to go down. Between him, Freeman, and Williams, you have quite the nucleus to build your offense on. Hopefully you can get that D figured out relatively soon, because letting an offense of Drew Stanton and Maurice Morris combine for over 300 yards is quite a shame.

Here's to many NFC championship meetings between our teams in the next 10 years.

PS> Admiral, when comparing the Bucs schedule and the Lions schedule, you could argue that the Lions have a had a few scheduling losses along the way. :P

It's one thing for the NFL to reward division winners (especially those who are 7-9) an automatic spot in the playoffs, but to award them a home playoffs game over a Wild Card team who's got three or four more wins than them? something similar is going on over in the AFC as well, where both Wild Card teams will finish with better records than the botton two division winners. This is somethin the NFL has gotta look at over the offseason.

I disagree. If the division winner is so poor, shouldn't the wild card team have no problem beating them no matter where the game is played? This is a fluke season and it will all even itself out in the end after the Rams or Seahawks get bounced in the first round by the Saints.

So how many of us had the Jets going into Heinz Field and beating the Steelers? Especially after the Jets had scored a whopping 19 points in their last three games? After their loss to Miami last week I left the Jets for dead.

I think you're a bit off with that stat, but you are dead on about the Jets having all been left for dead. It was great statement win for the team, rolling into the 'Burgh and silencing 70,000 Terrible Towels. One of NYJ's best wins of the year. With ten wins already and the division out of reach, it's not so much about winnings games now, but more about priming Mark Sanchez for another playoff run. Dude needs to get back to the level he was on during the first half of the year.

6uXNWAo.png

Very inspiring performance from Matt Flynn tonight but the inexperience comes back to get him.

Well, Matt Flynn did learn clock management skills at LSU......

Never even thought about that, Playing under the tutelage of the Riverboat Gambler will take a while to shake.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I disagree. If the division winner is so poor, shouldn't the wild card team have no problem beating them no matter where the game is played? This is a fluke season and it will all even itself out in the end after the Rams or Seahawks get bounced in the first round by the Saints.

I agree that all division winners should have an automatic spot in the playoffs. However, I believe teams should EARN homefield for the first round. Look at what;s going on now. The Saints, Ravens and Jets will all finish with 11 or 12 wins. But because they're locked in divisions with other 12+ win teams (NE, PIT, ATL), they are almost guaranteed to play all their games on the road in order to "reward" 7-8-9 game division winners home-field. It's crap.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived