2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

Oh, and John Gruden just compared Jay Cutler to a "young Brett Farve." Really Monday Night Football? Even after Farve proves to be an almost non-factor and leaves the game unceremoniously with (another) injury you feel the need to verbally fellatiate him? I can't wait for this season to end, when we'll finally free of his spotlight hogging a$$.

Wait.... Brett is quitting?? :blink:

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The streak's over. He's been knocked out of a lot of the games he's started this season. I'm hoping that the fact that his body can no longer handle the NFL season, when coupled with the lack of the streak, will convince him to retire. For reals.

Thank you Corey Wootton for planting Favre into the soil where he belongs, may he stay there and fade into the netherealm of NFL past.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Please. This has all been said before. "He's too old." "His arm is trashed." "He owns every record." "His penis is too small." "He's got nothing left to play for." And each time we say this, he seems to fool everyone, time, after time, after time....

Bottom line: If a team is stupid enough to have him, thus keeping him in the public spotlight, Brett Favre will NEVER EVER go away.

6uXNWAo.png

And now ESPN just showed a graphic celebrating St. Brett's MNF stats, as the commentators tell us how great he is. He threw one TD, did nothing else of substance, and got knocked out out of the game, again.

I know I said I was done with the Brett Farve complaining due to his (likely) retirement after this season. I'm just floored, floored, by the media's insistence on praising the man after a near non-performance and an embarrassing season.

Please. This has all been said before. "He's too old." "His arm is trashed." "He owns every record." "His penis is too small." "He's got nothing left to play for." And each time we say this, he seems to fool everyone, time, after time, after time....

Bottom line: If a team is stupid enough to have him, thus keeping him in the public spotlight, Brett Favre will NEVER EVER go away.

I'm an optimist on this matter, I guess.

Though if any team's going to sign him I'm putting my money on Dallas. The Jerry Jones/Brett Farve marriage just seems to perfect.

I've seen bad tackling before, but the Vikings' performance on that late Matt Forte red zone reverse rickshaw pull run may just be the single worst display of tackling in the history of the human race.

CCSLC signature.png

I didn't care for him when he was in Denver, but that was due to a divisional rivalry. I don't mind him now. In fact I think he's shown incredible perseverance and mental toughness. Last season sucked, and he had his less then stellar moments this season. He seems to have found his rhythm though.

Oh, and John Gruden just compared Jay Cutler to a "young Brett Farve." Really Monday Night Football? Even after Farve proves to be an almost non-factor and leaves the game unceremoniously with (another) injury you feel the need to verbally fellatiate him? I can't wait for this season to end, when we'll finally free of his spotlight hogging a$$.

I've always seen the Cutler/Favre comparisons. Cutler, like Favre, has a cannon for an arm and can make any throw on the field... but has that tendency to be a little overconfident in it, trying to fit the ball into places they probably shouldn't.

IUe6Hvh.png

I didn't care for him when he was in Denver, but that was due to a divisional rivalry. I don't mind him now. In fact I think he's shown incredible perseverance and mental toughness. Last season sucked, and he had his less then stellar moments this season. He seems to have found his rhythm though.

I've always seen the Cutler/Favre comparisons. Cutler, like Favre, has a cannon for an arm and can make any throw on the field... but has that tendency to be a little overconfident in it, trying to fit the ball into places they probably shouldn't.

So in other words: Cutler is an interception prone, gunslinging maverick, who's just out there having fun. Gotcha. ;)

6uXNWAo.png

So in other words: Cutler is an interception prone, gunslinging maverick, who's just out there having fun. Gotcha. ;)

Nah, just a guy with a big arm that makes rookie mistakes. He doesn't do it with a smile, like Favre, that would apparently make the makes said mistakes not only excusable, but admirable.

IUe6Hvh.png

Nah, just a guy with a big arm that makes rookie mistakes. He doesn't do it with a smile, like Favre, that would apparently make the makes said mistakes not only excusable, but admirable.

Thank you.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Strange.... Anyone know why Sunday Night Football is 'flexing' Eagles-Vikes over Jets-Bears next week? I get that the Eagles are fresh, but taking that game over the two top markets?? Did they know Favre was going to return for this? I'm sort of dumbfounded.

6uXNWAo.png

Strange.... Anyone know why Sunday Night Football is 'flexing' Eagles-Vikes over Jets-Bears next week? I get that the Eagles are fresh, but taking that game over the two top markets?? Did they know Favre was going to return for this? I'm sort of dumbfounded.

CBS protected Jets-Bears. That plus it's the Michael Vick Experience in primetime

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

CBS protected Jets-Bears. That plus it's the Michael Vick Experience in primetime

Good call, CBS.

But now that we know the Vikings will be on SNF, you can bet Brett will suit up. He will want the primetime spotlight again.

6uXNWAo.png

Blackout Watch 2010:

Kansas City/St. Louis Should be Televised Locally. Which team will get more fans there?

Kansas City

Do I get a cookie?

Inexcusable.png

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Favre saga is moving beyond sad and into tragic. He really needs to hang it up once and for all. I was catching up on this thread this morning after watching that Bears D-lineman piledrive St. Brett's head into the turf and many of the posts were eerily prophetic.

Mentioned it before but this season is like watching Dennis Quaid as Gavin Grey trying to come back with the Broncos in Everybody's All-American. Check it out if you have the chance, great movie.

This is for TopCat...Joe Kapp was one of the tough SOBs like Roman Gabriel and Meredith who played QB in the '60s. He also had the most ridiculously widely-spaced jersey number I've ever seen. :D

2164880.jpg

That was back when many Vikings games looked like last night:

44-00578-F.jpg

Uni note on the bottom pic...I always thought the Vikes' helmet horn was pointy but in this pic at least it seems rounded off. Anybody know about that? Or WTF is going on with Carl Eller's head (he's #81) in this pic?

4920024.jpg

Can't wait for next week's MNF showdown. Tracy Porter was ready when Atlanta came to town last time...

4881992.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

It's one thing for the NFL to reward division winners (especially those who are 7-9) an automatic spot in the playoffs, but to award them a home playoffs game over a Wild Card team who's got three or four more wins than them? something similar is going on over in the AFC as well, where both Wild Card teams will finish with better records than the botton two division winners. This is somethin the NFL has gotta look at over the offseason.

I disagree. If the division winner is so poor, shouldn't the wild card team have no problem beating them no matter where the game is played? This is a fluke season and it will all even itself out in the end after the Rams or Seahawks get bounced in the first round by the Saints.

I agree that all division winners should have an automatic spot in the playoffs. However, I believe teams should EARN homefield for the first round. Look at what;s going on now. The Saints, Ravens and Jets will all finish with 11 or 12 wins. But because they're locked in divisions with other 12+ win teams (NE, PIT, ATL), they are almost guaranteed to play all their games on the road in order to "reward" 7-8-9 game division winners home-field. It's crap.

Then why even have divisions in the first place? Why not just have two tables, take the top 6 teams and seed accordingly. I like the system the way it is. If you want a home playoff game, be the best team in your division. Who cares how great or poor the division next you is. Take care of business and beat the teams your division if you want to be the best. And guess what.... If you're the best team in your division, yet you suck, you're going to get embarrassed in front of your home fans wildcard weekend.

I have to agree with Cujo on this one. Yes, the division winner that sucks will get embarrassed at home. However the better wild card team is forced to play 3 straight road games if they want to make the Super Bowl. I know its been done before, but that's an extreme disadvantage. Now to an extent I agree with you that they shouldn't complain because they lost their division. But at the same time they may have had a much harder division to play in. I have no probably with a 7-9 division winner making the playoffs, but it does bother me some that they will be given a home game.

Solution: Don't lose to Atlanta at home by a field goal. Or :censored: ing beat Arizona and Cleveland.

Otherwise...

DealWithItMokyu.gif

/Division winner will be 8-8.

I have no problem using that argument for the Packers (or whoever the first team out of the playoffs happens to be), but I don't think it applys in this situation. In this situation the Saints have proven they are a playoff team. It seems really odd for a Rams fan (I'm just using them because they are the NFC West leader at the moment) to say if you want home field advantage don't lose to the Falcons, Cardinals, and Browns. While the Rams lost to 2 of those teams and also the Lions (and 5 other teams).

I think alot of people underestimate how hard it is to go on the road in the NFL. With that said, yes the #6 seed in the NFC has no excuses for losing to the NFC West leader at home regardless. But it makes it that much harder to go on the road against the #1 seed the following week. You're penalizing them for having a harder schedule.

I think alot of people underestimate how hard it is to go on the road in the NFL.

The league is 100-125 on the road if my math is right, so it doesn't look that hard. Nine teams have clinched winning road records, and another two have clinched even records.

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

Archived