2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

Ah, I see. It probably beared mentioning that you were excluding strike years, but whatever.

The drama and crying over this Seahawks team is hilarious, hilarious enough for me to hop on their bandwagon for the playoffs. Since my Chargers can't win it all, I'd love to see a 7-9 team win it all and piss everyone off.

Well I think it's safe to say we were all under the impression that we were discussing division champions as well as non-strike years and you are the only person who brought it up but if it will make you happy...You were right and I was wrong. :D

That's the spirit on the Seahawks. I'd be right there with you but I like the Saints too much to hope they lose.

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, I see. It probably beared mentioning that you were excluding strike years, but whatever.

The drama and crying over this Seahawks team is hilarious, hilarious enough for me to hop on their bandwagon for the playoffs. Since my Chargers can't win it all, I'd love to see a 7-9 team win it all and piss everyone off.

Jump on in, man. I would think there is enough room somewhere...

I hope you're kidding about that, right? There's no way the Seahawks* get anywhere close to defeating the Saints.

*Edited: I originally typed "There's no way the Saints ... close to defeating the Saints", but an observant person caught my mistake.

Awww... Is the poor little Lamb fan sad that his team got whooped?

Whooped? 10 points is a whooping? We beat you by 17 earlier in the year.

And this comment of yours:

As an Aggie fan, it made me sick to see the Seahawks raise their 12th man flag at Qwest.

... it makes me want to punch through the computer screen and hope that it hits you square in the face. How dare you... How dare you piss on the one thing Seahawk fans hold dear. Hell, things were all nice and quiet if it wasn't for Texas A&M deciding that, after nearly 30 years of being OK with this, they wanted to bitch over the 12th Man moniker When the Seahawks reached the Super Bowl!. Look, the team has aknowledged Texas A&M as the creator of this and that's fine. It's over with it and everyone has moved on. It seems like that you haven't.

*whew* That was well worth it.

Good grief, someone needs anger management classes.

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

So Mangini, once again, joins the trash heap that is the 'Bill Belichick coaching tree of woe'. Not surprised. I knew when he was hired that he wouldn't last more than two years in Cleveland. What did the Browns really expect out of him when they hired him after his time with the Jets? He was a sub-.500 coach in New York, stood by as the entire team stabbed achother in the back in '08, and proved to us all how much of an idiot he was after lying about Favre's gimpy shoulder.

6uXNWAo.png

Be careful, he'll become a "lifelong" (since last week) Seahawks fan who "bleeds blue and blue 'til he dies." Then the next thing you know he'll have everyone here hating on the Seahawks.

BB52Big.jpg

I agree. It is a minor miracle what Cable did with that roster. Who would coach the Raiders at this point, other than a career assistant who would otherwise never get a chance?

Rumor is that the Raiders are ousting Cable to free up the position specifically for Jim Harbaugh.....

Al Davis, you are a damn fool! :lol:

6uXNWAo.png

Guys, in 45 years of NFL football (we all know the league didn't really exist before Super Bowl I) a grand total of one team has made the playoffs with a losing record.

Nope, counting this year's Seahawks, it's happened three times. The Browns and Lions both got in with 4-5 records in 1982 (a strike year).

You're absolutely right but I think it's safe to say we're all talking about non-strike seasons. Good point though.

Did you EVER think that YOU would be saying THAT to HIM? :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Guys, in 45 years of NFL football (we all know the league didn't really exist before Super Bowl I) a grand total of one team has made the playoffs with a losing record.

Nope, counting this year's Seahawks, it's happened three times. The Browns and Lions both got in with 4-5 records in 1982 (a strike year).

You're absolutely right but I think it's safe to say we're all talking about non-strike seasons. Good point though.

Believe it or not, (and talk about things you never thought you'd be saying) despite all of his shortcomings he's really not as bad as people think. Lights Out, when not in full homer mode, is a not a bad guy.

BB52Big.jpg

Believe it or not, (and talk about things you never thought you'd be saying) despite all of his shortcomings he's really not as bad as people think. Lights Out, when not in full homer mode, is a not a bad guy.

I fully agree. He's alright with me, I've got no problems with the guy (except for the whole bleeding blue and orange thingy...that's just stupid), but as much hell as you've given him--when he's in the clutches of homereroticism--it's just funny as hell to me.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

They also had a 16 team field out of 28 total that season. I think that also may have played a role.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Be careful, he'll become a "lifelong" (since last week) Seahawks fan who "bleeds blue and blue 'til he dies." Then the next thing you know he'll have everyone here hating on the Seahawks.

Which is why I said 'somewhere'. I fully realize how Lights Out works, so I figure once the wagon comes to a screeching halt, he'll jump off and go back to his Charger (and anti-Norv) ways. Plus, he's a Charger fan... I sort of feel sorry for them for all the times Seattle use to whoop on them when I was a kid. :P

And this comment of yours:

As an Aggie fan, it made me sick to see the Seahawks raise their 12th man flag at Qwest.

... it makes me want to punch through the computer screen and hope that it hits you square in the face. How dare you... How dare you piss on the one thing Seahawk fans hold dear. Hell, things were all nice and quiet if it wasn't for Texas A&M deciding that, after nearly 30 years of being OK with this, they wanted to bitch over the 12th Man moniker When the Seahawks reached the Super Bowl!. Look, the team has aknowledged Texas A&M as the creator of this and that's fine. It's over with it and everyone has moved on. It seems like that you haven't.

*whew* That was well worth it.

Good grief, someone needs anger management classes.

You know, both fanbase's obsessive bickering over the number 12 is incredibly stupid even by the standards of football fandom. Especially from the Seahawks. They got into a pissing match with what amounts to a retarded cult over this obsession.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Who isn't anti-Norv? (Besides Raiders, Chiefs, and Broncos fans.)

I can tell you who's all for Norv: Fans of the following teams...

-Bengals

-Browns

-Ravens

-Steelers

-Patriots

-Dolphins

-Bills

-Jets

-Colts

-Texans

-Titans

-Jaguars

-Chiefs

-Raiders

-Broncos

(Trust me, if anyone else was in San Diego with the talent they have, you'd have multiple Super Bowl trophies there)

You know, both fanbase's obsessive bickering over the number 12 is incredibly stupid even by the standards of football fandom. Especially from the Seahawks. They got into a pissing match with what amounts to a retarded cult over this obsession.

Most of us here are "obsessed" with uniforms styles and designs. Many people (like my bro) would see that as "incredibly stupid".

It's all in the eye of the beholder. 12th Man means nothing to you, because you aren't an Aggie fan or a Seahawk fan.

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

Most of us here are "obsessed" with uniforms styles and designs. Many people (like my bro) would see that as "incredibly stupid".

It's all in the eye of the beholder. 12th Man means nothing to you, because you aren't an Aggie fan or a Seahawk fan.

No I don't. Probably because I don't act as if everything I do twice is automatically a tradition.

Today, we are all otaku.

I fully agree. He's alright with me, I've got no problems with the guy (except for the whole bleeding blue and orange thingy...that's just stupid), but as much hell as you've given him--when he's in the clutches of homereroticism--it's just funny as hell to me.

I'm a jackass but I'm a fair-minded jackass. I'll give him credit though. The dude got off to one of the worst starts I've ever seen around here. Abuse was heaped upon him yet he stuck it out and got the lay of the land. Most people would have flamed out and gone blaze of glory on us. I think he's still a little unsure of what to make of most of us but he's hanging tough. He may never live down the Boise State stuff but he'll be all right.

BB52Big.jpg

I have no problem with the Seahawks getting into the playoffs. They won their division, they deserve a spot. I don't like that they get a home game (or the Chiefs and Colts for that matter), but I've already made that argument and its just a difference in opinion. It really doesn't matter too much because the Saints have no excuses for losing in Seattle.

Glad the Ravens pulled off a win even though it didn't matter. Always good to have momentum going into the playoffs. Not sure what it is with the Bengals but they know how to play against the Ravens. It sucks, that that was the last game of the season. Hopefully the Chiefs aren't able to figure it out with the game film. I'm just glad we missed the Colts, which are another team that has the Ravens figured out. Not sure what to think of the Ravens this year. They obviously have talent, but always play a close game. They are horrible at holding a lead in the 4th quarter. I think the most likely outcome for the season is that we will lose in the divisional round to either the Patriots or Steelers, but it will be close. We could easily go to the Super Bowl as well. It all depends on if they can get the job done in the 4th quarter in the playoffs.

Well, the Saints have no problem with their lot in playoff life. From an article on nola.com:

===

"We all have a formula for getting in. We all know ahead of time. No one was upset about it or complaining about it before the start of the season," Payton said. "I think that value of winning your division means something. Just as a season ago when the postseason began, the teams that are in now really are 0-0. That's just the truth. I think our players understand that more than anything."

Saints cornerback Tracy Porter said the Seahawks "won their division for a reason." And when asked if it's a "weird" piece of history to be playing against the first 7-9 playoff team, Porter said, "If you want to go historic, they said the Saints haven't won a road playoff game ever, so that's two historic events in itself right there. Just like any other game, the better team will win."

===

BTW, the site also pointed out that the Saints-Seahawks game will be the first played under the new St. Brett Memorial Overtime Rule (my name for it, not theirs). So remember, 3 won't win it in OT any more, at least not on the first possession. Can't wait to see the reaction when, as inevitably will happen, a team kicks a FG that would have advanced them under the old rules but they end up losing under the new.

Which makes me think, does that change coaches' decision-making on 4th down in OT? Say it's 4th and goal at the two. If you get a TD, you win now; if you kick a FG you could still lose the game. If you go for it and don't get it, you have them pinned back and can play field position. What would you do?

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived