2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Mallett had an okay Sugar Bowl, If it wasn't for the receivers dropping everything it would've been great.

I really, really like Gabbert but not sure if he's Number 1. AJ Green may become the de facto numero uno.

Β 

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Β 

Or just maybe, Andrew Luck just wants no part of the Carolina Panthers. But let's day Elway can bring in Harbaugh and swing a deal with Carolina -- Tebow & the #2 pick for the #1 overall -- mayyybe Luck will reconsider. ;)

6uXNWAo.png

Wouldn't the Panthers be attractive to Harbaugh, considering he could bring Luck with him? I'm in the camp that it's silly to get this nuts over a college coach, but since that's how it is, shouldn't both sides consider it?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Luck is staying at Stanford. The draft just got a LOT more interesting.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Dolphins interview Jim Harbaugh

That's a pretty bold move on the Dolphins' part, and even more tacky. Truly a slap in the face of a man who turned around a 1-15 team just three years ago. It's like making out with your girlfriend while your wife is in the room watching. Why would Sparano even want to return to Miami after this?

6uXNWAo.png

Dolphins interview Jim Harbaugh

That's a pretty bold move on the Dolphins' part, and even more tacky. Truly a slap in the face of a man who turned around a 1-15 team just three years ago. It's like making out with your girlfriend while your wife is in the room watching. Why would Sparano even want to return to Miami after this?

Where else can Sparano wear sunglasses year-round?

The Dolphins coaching situation is reminding of that final scene in Holstein's Ice Cream shop, and it is unknown if the Dolphins whacked Sprano or not.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Does anyone else think that the fact that Luck is staying for another year might be a strong indication that Harbaugh isn't going anywhere either? All these interviews and speculation could be nothing more than a money grab by Jim Harbaugh. Stanford has never been bigger on the college football scene. Maybe Jim Harbaugh is using all this to get NFL money out of a college job. Who could blame him? He's got it made at Stanford. I could be wrong but I think if Harbaugh were really headed elsehwere, there's just no way Luck comes back for another season. Why would he come back to play for a different coach and risk having a bad season while learning a new system etc? Especially when it could hurt his NFL "stock?" I just think there's no way Andrew Luck leaves a guarantee of millions of dollars on the table to play for some new coach. Something ain't adding up here.

Just a thought.

Β 

BB52Big.jpg

Β 

Β 

Β 

The Dolphins decide against Harbaugh (or vice versa), and will stick with Tony Sparano as HC.

And according to 'the experts', Stanford is the frontrunner for Harbaugh's services.

6uXNWAo.png

The Dolphins decide against Harbaugh (or vice versa), and will stick with Tony Sparano as HC.

And according to 'the experts', Stanford is the frontrunner for Harbaugh's services.

If only someone around here had theorized such a scenario...say right before your post. :D

Β 

BB52Big.jpg

Β 

Β 

Β 

Does anyone else think that the fact that Luck is staying for another year might be a strong indication that Harbaugh isn't going anywhere either? All these interviews and speculation could be nothing more than a money grab by Jim Harbaugh. Stanford has never been bigger on the college football scene. Maybe Jim Harbaugh is using all this to get NFL money out of a college job. Who could blame him? He's got it made at Stanford. I could be wrong but I think if Harbaugh were really headed elsehwere, there's just no way Luck comes back for another season. Why would he come back to play for a different coach and risk having a bad season while learning a new system etc? Especially when it could hurt his NFL "stock?" I just think there's no way Andrew Luck leaves a guarantee of millions of dollars on the table to play for some new coach. Something ain't adding up here.

Just a thought.

While Stanford has an enormous endowment and prominent, wealthy alumni (30 billionaires), the athletic department is self-sufficient. In 2009, the cut staff by 13% and just getting out of the budget shortfall.. Someone had to pony up to rename the "Director of Football" aka Head Coach in his/her honor. I would not be surprised that John Arrillaga got involved as his family's name is on the majority on athletics facilities on campus and he was the guy who paid for the bathroom in Harbaugh's office.

According to reports (Jason LaCanfora-NFLN), Stanford's new offer to Harbaugh is equal to or greater than the 49ers offer.

If only someone around here had theorized such a scenario...say right before your post. :D

Oh, I hear what you're sayin. If you had asked me four days ago, I would've also said Harbaugh was definitely going to stay at Stanford. It's just that he acted so damn weird after winning the Orange Bowl.....

6uXNWAo.png

Just a thought.

While Stanford has an enormous endowment and prominent, wealthy alumni (30 billionaires), the athletic department is self-sufficient. In 2009, the cut staff by 13% and just getting out of the budget shortfall.. Someone had to pony up to rename the "Director of Football" aka Head Coach in his/her honor. I would not be surprised that John Arrillaga got involved as his family's name is on the majority on athletics facilities on campus and he was the guy who paid for the bathroom in Harbaugh's office.

According to reports (Jason LaCanfora-NFLN), Stanford's new offer to Harbaugh is equal to or greater than the 49ers offer.

As usual, I have no :censored:-ing idea what the point is you're trying to make. Are you saying you agree with me? Or are you just doing what you usually do?

Β 

BB52Big.jpg

Β 

Β 

Β 

Just a thought.

How can Stanford top the gold-plated bathroom they already gave him?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Just a thought.

How can Stanford top the gold-plated bathroom they already gave him?

Gold plated toilet paper might be a good start.

Β 

BB52Big.jpg

Β 

Β 

Β 

Just a thought.

As usual, I have no :censored:-ing idea what the point is you're trying to make. Are you saying you agree with me? Or are you just doing what you usually do?

It appears that they have gotten the money (for him) however, the program is still going to have to actually sell more season tickets to balance the books. The fact that they cut athletics staff by 13% less than two years ago is a sign that they have issues balancing their budget without cutting one of their 35 varsity sports. If they increase his compensation by say $3MM, they have to find that $3MM in revenues and that has to come directly from football.

Just a thought.

Maybe Luck just likes going to college.

Archived