2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

Jake Locker in a Sam Bradford like situation.

Except Bradford made money by waiting (and letting the NFL's broken rookie scale do its thing) and Locker's going to go in the 3rd Round.

So, no, its not like Bradford's situation at all.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone else think that the fact that Luck is staying for another year might be a strong indication that Harbaugh isn't going anywhere either? All these interviews and speculation could be nothing more than a money grab by Jim Harbaugh. Stanford has never been bigger on the college football scene. Maybe Jim Harbaugh is using all this to get NFL money out of a college job. Who could blame him? He's got it made at Stanford. I could be wrong but I think if Harbaugh were really headed elsehwere, there's just no way Luck comes back for another season. Why would he come back to play for a different coach and risk having a bad season while learning a new system etc? Especially when it could hurt his NFL "stock?" I just think there's no way Andrew Luck leaves a guarantee of millions of dollars on the table to play for some new coach. Something ain't adding up here.

Just a thought.

Maybe Luck just likes going to college.

That is true, but Luck can afford to remain in college. His family is well off and there is not the immediate need to assist them unlike many others. He is more in the position which the Mannings and Grant Hill were in to decide to come back for another/final season.

I have no idea if the NFL is Luck's dream as a career, but I do know that with is major and his grades that he will have a pretty nice life if he did not even play the game.

Does anyone else think that the fact that Luck is staying for another year might be a strong indication that Harbaugh isn't going anywhere either? All these interviews and speculation could be nothing more than a money grab by Jim Harbaugh. Stanford has never been bigger on the college football scene. Maybe Jim Harbaugh is using all this to get NFL money out of a college job. Who could blame him? He's got it made at Stanford. I could be wrong but I think if Harbaugh were really headed elsehwere, there's just no way Luck comes back for another season. Why would he come back to play for a different coach and risk having a bad season while learning a new system etc? Especially when it could hurt his NFL "stock?" I just think there's no way Andrew Luck leaves a guarantee of millions of dollars on the table to play for some new coach. Something ain't adding up here.

Just a thought.

Could be. But probably not.

BB52Big.jpg

Just a thought.

Could be. But probably not.

Perhaps he does. Heard on the radio that his major is Architectural Engineering and he likes it. Don't know if Stanford is a leading school for that but I do have some experience with the area. My ex- was a nurse at an office right on the edge of Stanford's campus and Palo Alto is awesome.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Except Bradford made money by waiting (and letting the NFL's broken rookie scale do its thing) and Locker's going to go in the 3rd Round.

How do you know Lockers going in the 3rd Round? Everyone thought Bradford wouldn't go number 1 last season, but Jake Locker decided to stay.

How do you know Lockers going in the 3rd Round? Everyone thought Bradford wouldn't go number 1 last season, but Jake Locker decided to stay.

While Bradford got hurt (again), he hadn't played incredibly poorly on the field when it counted during his abbreviated final college season. Locker embarrassed himself severely against the top flight competition on his schedule, especially on national television en route to a 7-6 season. (1st Nebraska game, Stanford game, UCLA game, even though they won the Holiday Bowl he didn't do so hot in that game either.)

Scouts may give you the benefit of the doubt with injuries. They won't with consistently craptacular performances in clutch situations on the field.

/Actually, looking at it again, 3rd Round seems kind of generous.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Yeah it's official, Harbaugh is too SF. Now espn's going crazy on how the 49ers are loaded.

Well, the division winner was 7-9, so it's not like he has to do much to get that team in contention.

If they can get Harbaugh to play QB, the Niners should be an eight-win team!

Hey, baseball managers wear unis, maybe he can at least be the backup and stand over there in his headset wearing #4.

It's been done before, at least with assistants. Most recently in...this surprised me...2003, when Broncos CB Jimmy Spencer doubled as an assistant coach. Before him, the last to do it was Coach/RB Dan Reeves with the Cowboys.

George Halas at one point was the Bears' head coach, GM, ticket sales manager...and played on both offense and defense. :shocked:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Yeah it's official, Harbaugh is too SF. Now espn's going crazy on how the 49ers are loaded.

Can't wait to see the Ravens and 49ers play each other in 2011...Harbaugh v. Harbaugh!

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I'm not sold on the Ravens. Since their Super Bowl win back in 2000, other than the Chargers, Baltimore has been the biggest tease in the AFC. Everyone hypes them as an AFC Super Bowl threat- can't get there.

John Harbaugh is in the early stages of becoming Norv Turner-esque- can't get it done in January.

Pending lockout, we won't have to wait long for the Harbaugh Brothers Bowl (a storyline that will no doubt be driven deep into the ground before they even kickoff). The AFC North plays the NFC West next year.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Can the Rams fire Spagnuolo now? Or do they need to see him get outcoached by San Fran's new coach twice to pull the trigger?

Today, we are all otaku.

Can the Rams fire Spagnuolo now? Or do they need to see him get outcoached by San Fran's new coach twice to pull the trigger?

Why do you want Spagnuolo to be fired?

Gross Peter-Principle-at-its-finest Incompetence on game day.

/When Chris Collinsworth calls the coach a dumbass on national TV, its a bad sign. When you're not surprised Collinsworth is calling the coach a dumbass on national TV, its worse.

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived