NEW.ERA

10 thing I see

10. Dolphins will surprise the Jets

9. Saints will make the playoffs

8. Kevin Kolb will surprise

7. 49ers will win the NFC West (duh)

6. Cowboys can contend

5. T.O. & Ochocinco ochenta y cinco are a media drama show

4. The colts will win the AFC South....and choke in the playoffs.

3. Chargers choke again!

2. NFL changes the dumb super bowl logo system

1. The Miami Thrice gives the Dolphins enough confidence to make a run to a Super Bowl win, while the Heat win the NBA title, and all bandwagon Heat fans also become Steeler fans.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone who says the Cowboys will choke is probably just saying that because they hate the Cowboys, even with Dez Bryant being hurt you couldnt give me 3 reasons why they won't make the playoffs. Yeah they have a tough schedule but so does the rest of the division, they will go 4-2 in the division and finish 11-5. If you want to talk about an overhyped team that will choke just look at the New York Jets. A 7-7 team last year before 2 teams laid down for them so they could make the playoffs. They add a troubled wideout in Santonio Holmes, a washed up Running Back in LT, and Antonio Cromartie who has his share of problems. They will "choke" and go 9-7.

And the Texans at 8-8? Come on, man. This year has to be the year for them.

Haven't people been saying that for the past five or six seasons? The Texans are the new Cardinals when it comes to "this is the year they finally break through" predictions. And just like the Cardinals, the Texans will disappoint yet again. The Texans will have their "breakout" season right about when everyone finally gives up on them. Until then, expect between five and eight wins; again.

This'll be an interesting year for the Texans. They're playing the toughest schedule (by opponent's previous year record) since the mid-80's IIRC.

Anyways, my top prediction which might finally happen (along with a couple others):

-The Colts will miss the playoffs after Peyton Manning gets hurt.

-The Jets and Cowboys won't live up to expectations (it's always Tony Romo's "breakout year" right?)

-The Jags will stick around in Jacksonville for many years to come (you'll see why)

-I still don't think Baltimore's all that good... especially starting the year with a depleted, aging defense.

AFC EAST

Miami (11-5)

New England (10-6)*

New York (8-8)

Buffalo (3-13)

AFC NORTH

Cincinnati (10-6)

Baltimore (9-7)

Cleveland (7-9)

Pittsburgh (6-10)

AFC SOUTH

Jacksonville (12-4)

Tennessee (10-6)*

Houston (8-8)

Indianapolis (6-10)

AFC WEST

San Diego (12-4)

Kansas City (6-10)

Denver (6-10)

Oakland (4-12)

NFC EAST

Washington (11-5)

Philadelphia (10-6)

Dallas (8-8)

New York (7-9)

NFC NORTH

Green Bay (11-5)

Detroit (10-6)*

Minnesota (7-9)

Chicago (6-10)

NFC SOUTH

Atlanta (13-3)

New Orleans (12-4)*

Carolina (5-11)

Tampa Bay (3-13)

NFC WEST

San Francisco (9-7)

Arizona (8-8)

Seattle (5-11)

St Louis (3-13)

6 Tennessee over 3 Miami

5 New England over 4 Cincinnati

------------------------

1 Jacksonville over 6 Tennessee

5 New England over 2 San Diego

------------------------

1 Jacksonville over 5 New England

3 Washington over 6 Detroit

5 New Orleans over 4 San Francisco

------------------------

5 New Orleans over 1 Atlanta

3 Washington over 2 Green Bay

------------------------

5 New Orleans over 3 Washington

SUPER BOWL XLV

New Orleans - 23

Jacksonville - 28

NFL AWARDS

MVP: Matt Ryan, Atlanta

OPOY: Maurice Jones-Drew, Jacksonville

DPOY: Albert Haynesworth, Washington :P - Charles Woodson, Green Bay

OROY: Ryan Matthews, San Diego

DROY: Ndamukong Suh, Detroit

COY: Jim Schwartz, Detroit

LOL - Edited to reflect St. Brett's "decision" not to come back.

6fQjS3M.png

Haven't people been saying that for the past five or six seasons? The Texans are the new Cardinals when it comes to "this is the year they finally break through" predictions. And just like the Cardinals, the Texans will disappoint yet again. The Texans will have their "breakout" season right about when everyone finally gives up on them. Until then, expect between five and eight wins; again.

stuff

I nearly spit Mountain Dew all over my monitor at you predicting the Redskins to the NFC Title game! Thanks!

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

8. Kevin Kolb will be booed unmercifully

No chance.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

stuff

I nearly spit Mountain Dew all over my monitor at you predicting the Redskins to the NFC Title game! Thanks!

LOL, I just think McNabb's poised to prove that he's still got something left in the tank. (Of course, I also predict him losing in the NFC Championship... again... :P)

6fQjS3M.png

Since the OP asked specifically for predictions in the text of his thread, is this for that only or is it designed to be used for the entire season? I know that even if this thread titled, "2010 NFL Season" somebody will start another one if they cannot see it without scrolling.

BTW, in the recent history shows us that six of the teams who qualified for the playoffs in the previous season fail to make it the following year. So think of five or six new playoff teams.

Help me out here, Flame. First you give us this rant about how legendary the Falcons will be this year....

Also, whatifsports.com has the Falcons going 6-10. In the words of T.I., "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA That's a funny one." The Falcons went 9-7 last year after almost every major player on that team got hit with injury.

But thennnn....

I'm not even gonna bother trying to predict what's gonna happen in the NFL, because of all the big pro sports in North America, this league is probably the most volatile.

So what I've gathered is that any team can finish anywhere in today's NFL -- except for the Atlanta Falcons, who are are exempt from parity. Gotcha! ;)

6uXNWAo.png

Predictions are pretty silly. My old pal TFoA said it in the 2009 NFL thread:

===

With that said, I still don't see why people bother predicting the NFL. You'd think with the parity that's hit the NFL over this past decade, people would stop making predictions. It's easier to predict the exact winner of the lottery than to predict who's going to win the Super Bowl year in and year out in this day and age.

===

Well said. Wouldn't it be much more entertaining to review last year's guesses for accuracy? Here, I'll start.

On the Falcons:

===

I do think they're overrated, particularly on defense. They had a great year last year and may continue that trend this year. "May" being the key word all things considered. Last year was a perfect storm - basically NO significant injuries, easier schedule, under the radar and so on. As I've said many times, just like the '06 Saints. Then '07 came and the Saints had to do it under the spotlight of expectations. They had injuries, a tougher schedule, and so on, and they couldn't step up.

Now it's the Falcons' turn to see if they can handle it. If they go 10-6 I'll be amazed. Any better than that is VERY unlikely. If Turner or a wideout or God forbid Matty Ice goes down or even picks up a minor but nagging injury, all bets are off.

===

And the Saints:

===

Gregg Williams is the Saints' new DC and his stated goals were to play more aggressively, create turnovers, and improve in scoring defense. In 3 preseason games now the Saints have outscored their opponents 100-28 and have created 9 turnovers. If they can carry ANY of that over to the regular season, look out.

===

Come on, let's do that instead of just throwing out more wild speculation. Like New Era's NFC playoffs prediction, where the Saints beat the Cowboys in the divisional round but somehow Dallas advances to the title game. :wacko: Sorry dude, I know the Dallas-N.O. score must be a typo but I couldn't let it go.

For 2010, I'm cautiously optimistic about the Saints and mildly worried about the Falcons. A lot of people seem to be ignoring a critical factor about the Saints' off-season: because of the labor situation, the Saints kept all the free agents they usually would have risked losing (with the exception of Scott Fujita). No one came calling for DC Gregg Williams either. So all the talk about how tough SB champs have it the next season should have an asterisk this year because the Saints basically have everybody back as opposed to many other SB winners that got torn up like a lame antelope at a hyena convention.

As for Atlanta, optimism is the word of the day in Atlanta just as it is every year. They'll be improved and the schedule isn't as brutal. They'll be a force this year and a split with the Saints is my best guess.

What I'm hoping is that this evolves into the old NFC West and the Falcons become to the Saints what the Saints were to the 49ers back then: an irritant but ultimately an also-ran. For example, how many teams go 12-4 and don't win the division? The '92 Saints did because the *%#@& Niners went 14-2. :cursing:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Don't have my complete picks down yet, but here's a spoiler: Colts miss the playoffs.

Don't keep us in suspense! Come on, we're all dying to know what you think. I'm just going to sit here and hit refresh until your predictions show up.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

No, I mean I've only made half of my picks by now. I won't keep y'all waiting too long. For the record, the NFL picks might not be as controversial as some of my college picks.

OOOO!! Do tell your college picks! Do tell! Do tell! I cannot possibly wait another minute before you divulge your opinion.

Rams-5-11

Rams (3-13)

St Louis 3-13

St Louis (3-13)

It's good to see that $50 million guaranteed was well spent. <_<

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

No, I mean I've only made half of my picks by now. I won't keep y'all waiting too long. For the record, the NFL picks might not be as controversial as some of my college picks.

OOOO!! Do tell your college picks! Do tell! Do tell! I cannot possibly wait another minute before you divulge your opinion.

I've already typed up my SEC and Big 10 picks in the College Football thread for this season. I made at least one dangerous pick in both conferences.

Wow, and to think just two days ago you people didn't want to hear my opinions.

We still don't, they're just :censored:ing with you. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived