2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tom Brady doesn't need to talk trash, He'll do it by going 25/30, 325yds, 4TD's

Well, in all fairness, the Patriots hadn't been held under 20 points that year... and it took a tremendous defensive effort by the Chargers to keep the AFC Championship close.

Although, even as a Patriots fan, I could see a Giant upset coming due to the inconsistencies they were suffering as an offense after their second game against the Dolphins that year. Too many times they would only put up only 7 or 10 points in a half - well under their average of 41 ppg that year. Plus, when you have a front four like the Giants had that year and shutdown elite offenses like Dallas and Green Bay, then New England shouldn't be a problem, regardless of record, for you to contain.

Well the jets are just digging their own grave sadly :(

Yes, because if they had said nothing, the Patriots would have just rolled over for them.

The only thing this might do is make Bellichek keep Brady in there passing for TDs late in the 4th Q if the game is 49-3, just to rub it in. The actual outcome of the game will not change regardless of who on what team says what.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

With everyone saying the Patriots-Jets game is going to be a blow-out... that right there is starting to make me nervous, since everyone also thought that the Saints were going to beat the Seahawks by 50 points. It'll probably be a 24-20 game, as I don't think the Patriots are that much better than the Jets.

With everyone saying the Patriots-Jets game is going to be a blow-out... that right there is starting to make me nervous, since everyone also thought that the Saints were going to beat the Seahawks by 50 points. It'll probably be a 24-20 game, as I don't think the Patriots are that much better than the Jets.

What people say really doesn't have an impact on the outcome. In fact, over time, the team that "most people think will win" wins more than it loses. If it didn't, there wouldn't be odds.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

What people say really doesn't have an impact on the outcome. In fact, over time, the team that "most people think will win" wins more than it loses. If it didn't, there wouldn't be odds.

I know that, but I'm superstitious, and for some reason am waiting for the wheels to come off the Patriots. I'm not sold on their young defense just yet, and am waiting for Brady to have an off game. I figure that streak of his has got to end sometime, and he's had a very pedestrian past couple of games (yardage-wise) against a couple of crappy teams in Buffalo and Miami. So that's why I can't believe some people think the Jets will be a push-over, because they won't.

I know that, but I'm superstitious, and for some reason am waiting for the wheels to come off the Patriots. I'm not sold on their young defense just yet, and am waiting for Brady to have an off game. I figure that streak of his has got to end sometime, and he's had a very pedestrian past couple of games (yardage-wise) against a couple of crappy teams in Buffalo and Miami. So that's why I can't believe some people think the Jets will be a push-over, because they won't.

He didn't play the entire game against Miami the last game of the year.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

EDIT: They beat me to it in the playoff thread.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Mark my words - the Pats won't blow out the Jets tomorrow. I have the feeling it's going to be a very, very close and entertaining game.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Eagles DC Sean McDermott was fired :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Looks like Dick Jauron will be promoted to take over, and McDermott will replace Rob Ryan in Cleveland

Your second line is not accurate... at least not based on anything that's been published or anything that a media friend of mine has learned.

I can't see McDermott getting another shot at DC any time soon. I'm not qualified to judge how much is his fault vs how much was the sucky players' fault, but I can judge that he just "appeared" to be overwhelmed, and regardless of ability or knowledge, appearance means a lot when you're in a leadership position. I also know that when Jim Johnson was here, "great" players would leave, only to fail and be exposed as benefactors of his system here. So far, two players that couldn't get on the field have left McDermott's system, and gone on to the pro bowl elsewhere. I guess that could be looked at as an indictment on his coaching.

I would expect Jauron to be promoted, but from what I was told, any report that the hiring decision was made in conjunction with the firing decision are completely false. Reid legitimately really likes McDermott, and just wanted to fire him ASAP so that he could have a fair opportunity to catch on somewhere else (assuming he's ready to leave the area, because let's face it, he never has.)

yeah, latest rumors are that Mora Jr, Singletary and Billy Davis are in the running for DC along with Jauron

Meanwhile McDermott has already been contacted by the Broncos and Panthers to become their DC

wow, heads are rolling in Philly. The DL coach Rory Segrest was just canned too...

I've long said that it's tough for a fan to evaluate assistants, but by all accounts this guy was a waste. The special teams were the worst they'd ever been when he replaced John Harbaugh, and the DL play regressed significantly when he moved there last year. Former players that played under him have said that he had no idea what he was doing. Plus, his name is Rory. How the hell can you take anyone seriously as an authority figure when their name is effing Rory?

Archived