2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

Good win for the Jets, but I have a question for you. What's up with their play-by-play guy and his repeated hyperbole? I listened to Sirius on the way home from work and at one point he referenced the mon-u-MEN-tal game (it's Week 2 for God's sake). Another example was when they went to commercial as the refs reviewed a possible Jets interception, the guy says, "Just an unbeLIEVably important decision here. We'll be back after this." No, my friend, an unbeLIEVably important decision is whether that SWAT sniper can nail the nut holding a gun to a hostage's head without getting the hostage killed. Maybe my non-New York-market ears just aren't used to such drama in a mere football game. wacko.gif

I think the Jets have Ian Eagle doing their radio pbp, who is of the Marv Albert school of emphasis.

Ian Eagle does TV for CBS. He used to be the Jets radio guy, but that was 13 years ago. Bob Wischusen is their radio announcer now.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joe Flacco is about as 'un-clutch' as it gets.

Do we have any Baltimore fans out there who serioiusly thought he'd be able to lead the Ravens to a game-winning score? Or even across the 50 yard line?..... Didn't think so.

I'm not sure why you seem to hate Joe Flacco so much. It's ironic that you'd call him out, when Mark Sanchez did the exact same thing last week against the Ravens. Most days I would trust Flacco to lead the team to victory, but he didn't really have it today. Doesn't help that Houshmanzadeh dropped a couple big time catches. Overall Flacco has not looked good this season. Maybe he isn't get along well with Jim Zorn? I don't know, but the offense needs to get it together. No excuse to lose this game today. The defense has gone above and beyond their expectations and the offense let them down BIG time. They better get it together against the Browns next week.

Also, what's up with the horrible calls the defense always seems to get from the refs? The past few years the team has been hurt by penalties that weren't really there. Today Suggs gets called for roughing the passer, when he had no way of stopping his momentum. Ray Lewis also got called for tripping when he was triped and the Palmer fell over him. These calls really kill the defense's momentum and prevent them from making big stops.

The Chargers rebound in a big way. Onto Seattle!

The Vikings lose on three Farve INTs, giving him four on the year, more then half of what he had last year. I believe I asked "how much longer can he play at this level before he ends up embarrassing himself?" in the FarveWatch 2010 thread. I think it's becoming clear that last year was it. The selfish old man is on full display two games in.

Houston wins in OT. Fantastic. I'm all for any team not the Indianapolis Colts winning the AFC South.

Bengals rebound. Good to see. Say what you will about TO and Chad Ochocinco, but they're two talented guys. It would be a shame to see so much talent wasted in a mediocre season. I hope this experiment proves to be successful.

I have to say before last week I couldn't care less about the Detroit Lions (aside from obvious Root for Them When they Play His Farveness). After seeing them get screwed over Montreal 1997 style by the NFL's ass-backwards definition of a football catch, however, I want to see them do well. A win today would have been nice, but red's right. There's real progress with this team.

The Jets we were expecting showed up. And they beat the Brady-led Pats to boot. Good to see.

The Cards, however, shat the bed. What. The. Hell? Does anyone have Kurt's number on speed dial?

Gah. New York Giants/Indianapolis Colts Sunday Night Football. Either way I'm not happy.

Houston Texans - 2010 AFC SOUTH CHAMPIONS!

Really? :therock:

Peyton Manning might have something to say about that...

Please refer to last week. Best case scenario for the Colts they go 1-1 against them this year. If the Texans play as well as they are now for the rest of the season that one game could be a big factor in a late season race to the division title. This isn't the AFC South Featuring the Indianapolis Colts anymore.

Though I am a bit concerned with the Dolphins offense, I gotta say their defense looks awesome, and if they can win their home opener next Sunday Night they can be sitting pretty.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Adrian Peterson killed that front 7, kinda like how he was doing to the Saints until Darrell Bevell quit running the ball. Also the Fins need to knockoff the turnovers because I don't think the Jets will be as forgiving as Minnesota was.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Adrian Peterson killed that front 7, kinda like how he was doing to the Saints until Darrell Bevell quit running the ball. Also the Fins need to knockoff the turnovers because I don't think the Jets will be as forgiving as Minnesota was.

Well without the turnovers the Dolphins would have not allowed a TD, and may have gotten a shutout. One thing I gotta say the Dolphins are resilient and a tough team mentally.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Impressive bounceback for the Colts against the Giants. The running game showed it's face and Brown/Addai combined for 156 yards, and that's dangerous if you're playing a Peyton Manning run offense. If that run game gets churning, you are not stopping Peyton. And it showed in the play action game, including that beautiful bomb to Dallas Clark. I could watch that all day.

Also an impressive showing by the Colts front four on defense. They seemed to have taken the Houston loss personally and put up a huge effort against Eli and the Giants.

Peyton 2, Eli 0

Also, slow the hell down with this Houston Texans: 2010 AFC South Champion nonsense. The Texans have only beaten the Colts once in a game that mattered all that much (the other loss was after the Colts had everything sinched up a few years ago) and in last week's game, that mattered a hell of a lot more to the Texans than it did to the Colts. If the Colts and Texans have the division on the line later in the year in Indy, I'd still pick the Colts to take that one (trying to take my bias out of it).

The Texans are much improved yeah, and I'd pick them to make the playoffs this year. But don't crown their ass just yet, we're not totally sure that they are who we think they are. They've had good starts before, and they still have to get to 10 wins at some point. If the Texans do take that top spot, I'll be the first to congratulate them. But until then, the Colts are still the reigning AFC South and AFC Champions. They'll still be there at the end...

And in closing, thanks a lot Washington. Good job. Really? You couldn't close that out? Make a kick? Damn you.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I wouldn't say the Dolphins' D looks awesome. They were going up against the GUNSLINGER!

Win or lose, it doesn't really matter how Brett plays. HE'S JUST HAVIN' FUN!

LOVE OF THE GAME'D

BETTER WTH AGE!

Don't forget the childlike enthusiasm!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Yeah, I'm not on board with all this Texans hyperbole, either. Seems like much ado about nothing. Could it be that beating Indianapolis has become Houston's Super Bowl?

In other news, the Bengals got their eighth straight division win. Sweet.

Sigs are for sissies.

Okay, I've been wondering when someone would offer an alternate excuse since the turnover one wasn't available this time. Maybe the Saints are just better than Minnesota.

As for the Texans...remember the 2009 Denver Broncos. That should be enough to keep even the most enthusiastic fan on an even keel.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

It hasn't been fun being a Bills fan the last 10 years but I might just be the lowest I've ever been.

• Worst O-Line in football

• Worst Starting QB in football. It's safe to say the Steelers have 4 QBs better than our "best".

• Our 3 best players are RBs, which is the most easily replaceable position in football. Genius.

• Our top draft pick is returning kicks and didn't get a carry until late in the 4th Q.

Just a complete cluster:censored: of a franchise right now.

It hasn't been fun being a Bills fan the last 10 years but I might just be the lowest I've ever been.

? Worst O-Line in football

? Worst Starting QB in football. It's safe to say the Steelers have 4 QBs better than our "best".

? Our 3 best players are RBs, which is the most easily replaceable position in football

? Our top draft pick is returning kicks and didn't get a carry until late in the 4th Q.

Just a complete cluster:censored: of a franchise right now.

You forgot to a mention a piss poor coach, that has never had any success any where.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

You forgot to a mention a piss poor coach, that has never had any success any where.

Well no, that's not true at all. He has an all-time head coaching record of 98-62. 2 playoff appearance in 2 seasons as an NFL coach. 4 division titles as Steelers O-Coordinator. 6 winning seasons and 3 bowl wins in 6 years at GA Tech. Do a little research next time.

Chan Gailey is not even close to being one of the Bills' problems right now.

Archived