2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

Though I agree that Vick should be starting for the better of the team, this is a pretty big slap in the face to Kolb.

"Hey we traded away our franchise quarterback just for you. You are the new leader of the team."

He plays a half of football and gets a concussion:

"LOL No. sorry, sucks for you"

Kolb shouldn't have played like :censored: in that one half of football then.

Kevin Kolb wasn't ready to lead. Michael Vick was. Vick rightfully gets the starting job.

No, i agree that Vick deserves some serious recognition and praise for what hes doing, I'm just saying I'm surprised with the treatment Reid gave Kolb

Surprised with the praise Kolb got for being an unproven 2nd rounder? -- Is that the kind of treatment you're taking about?

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Though I agree that Vick should be starting for the better of the team, this is a pretty big slap in the face to Kolb.

"Hey we traded away our franchise quarterback just for you. You are the new leader of the team."

Kolb shouldn't have played like :censored: in that one half of football then.

Kevin Kolb wasn't ready to lead. Michael Vick was. Vick rightfully gets the starting job.

No, i agree that Vick deserves some serious recognition and praise for what hes doing, I'm just saying I'm surprised with the treatment Reid gave Kolb

Surprised with the praise Kolb got for being an unproven 2nd rounder? -- Is that the kind of treatment you're taking about?

He played excellent in two games last year as his only chance to prove himself, and was given a HALF of football against a fantastic pass rush before his chance ran out. I heard Philly fans all summer talking about how ready he was for the season, and if he's not, he's not. I thought they had more faith in him

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

To be fair, at the time the Eagles decided to build around Kolb, nobody expected that Kolb would get hurt and Vick would step in and look like a complete, athletic, playmaking starting quarterback.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

To be fair, at the time the Eagles decided to build around Kolb, nobody expected that Kolb would get hurt and Vick would step in and look like a complete, athletic, playmaking starting quarterback.

Before you even start, I can't stress this enough; I'm not picking on you in particular here. You just happen to be the person that said it. I'm using your post as an opportunity to ask a question and make some points.

My question is this; isn't it safe to say that all NFL players, kickers and punters aside, although I'd argue their case as well, are "athletic?" That term drives me nuts. What exactly is the difference between an athletic QB and one who supposedly isn't? Call me crazy but I think anyone capable of playing QB in the NFL is "athletic." In fact, I'd bet that it's kind of a prerequisite for the job. Any NFL job for that matter. It's almost as silly as calling an NFL defense "physical" as if other defenses are using some other method of tackling.

Now let's open the real can of worms.Is it just me or are "athletic" QBs never white? And no Lights Out, I'm not accusing you of being a racist. As I said earlier, you just happened to be the person who described Mike Vick as "athletic."

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

No offense taken. When I said athletic, I meant more well-rounded as an athlete (having a strong and accurate arm as well as blistering speed) than other quarterbacks in the NFL. Nobody's saying a traditional passing QB like Peyton Manning isn't athletic, but Peyton isn't very fast. Because of this, fair or unfair, he isn't considered athletic.

Vick, on the other hand, has developed a decently-accurate arm AND has blinding speed to go with it. He's a double threat and a human highlight reel, and therefore, can be considered more athletic than other quarterbacks because of this.

And there have been white "athletic" quarterbacks as well. Fran Tarkenton was a notable scrambler and very white. Tim Tebow is an "athletic" quarterback too, and he's also white. I don't really think race figures into it at all.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

My question is this; isn't it safe to say that all NFL players, kickers and punters aside, although I'd argue their case as well, are "athletic?" That term drives me nuts. What exactly is the difference between an athletic QB and one who supposedly isn't? Call me crazy but I think anyone capable of playing QB in the NFL is "athletic." In fact, I'd bet that it's kind of a prerequisite for the job. Any NFL job for that matter. It's almost as silly as calling an NFL defense "physical" as if other defenses are using some other method of tackling.

What the? Of course kickers and punters are athletic. I really don't understand how it's okay for sports fans to look down kickers and punters, like their jobs are somehow easy. They're often placed in high-pressure situations, often are the last tackle to save touchdowns, and can kick a ball 70+ yards?

The idea that guys like these are able to judge the relative athletic ability of anyone cracks me up.

fat_eagles_fan.jpg

fat-packer-fan.jpg

FatBamaFan.jpg

EDIT: And while I'm the topic of idiot sports fans, come on....

redskinsTatoo.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

No offense taken. When I said athletic, I meant more well-rounded as an athlete (having a strong and accurate arm as well as blistering speed) than other quarterbacks in the NFL. Nobody's saying a traditional passing QB like Peyton Manning isn't athletic, but Peyton isn't very fast. Because of this, fair or unfair, he isn't considered athletic.

Vick, on the other hand, has developed a decently-accurate arm AND has blinding speed to go with it. He's a double threat and a human highlight reel, and therefore, can be considered more athletic than other quarterbacks because of this.

And there have been white "athletic" quarterbacks as well. Fran Tarkenton was a notable scrambler and very white. Tim Tebow is an "athletic" quarterback too, and he's also white. I don't really think race figures into it at all.

Fair points all around.

BB52Big.jpg

What the? Of course kickers and punters are athletic. I really don't understand how it's okay for sports fans to look down kickers and punters, like their jobs are somehow easy. They're often placed in high-pressure situations, often are the last tackle to save touchdowns, and can kick a ball 70+ yards?

You missed a spot. :D

BB52Big.jpg

And the straw-grabbing at Winter Park continues: Apparently not very confident in being able to do a deal for Vincent Jackson, the Vikings are instead putting their faith in none other than Mr. Kendra Wilkinson.

Move over Deanna Favre, you're no longer the only celebrity wife on this team anymore...

Sweet Super Bowl XLIV's goat will now graze in the Twin Cities.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

And the straw-grabbing at Winter Park continues: Apparently not very confident in being able to do a deal for Vincent Jackson, the Vikings are instead putting their faith in none other than Mr. Kendra Wilkinson.

Move over Deanna Favre, you're no longer the only celebrity wife on this team anymore...

Yeah, it's all Hank Basket's fault the Colts lost the Super Bowl.

DAMN YOU HANK BASKET!

:rolleyes:

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Yet another reason I despise the Houston Texans fanbase:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7212040.html

I get that many, legion many hate the Cowboys. I'm fine with that. I've been a road fan (look up the entertaining thread I started years ago) a handful of times and never got it worse in my life than when I went to Houston. This doesn't apply to every Texan fan, but generally what a pack of losers.

Worry about the AFC South, then the AFC itself...this is how you make a Super Bowl run. Not getting cramped up over an intra-state rival in a different conference you see every four years.

The Chronicle coverage and the ticket prices are embarrassing too. $500 for nosebleed seats, and news commentary that borders on covering the third world war. At least act like you have higher goals besides beating a mediocre team four hours up I-45.

Houston may very well win this game. The sad part is that if they do, they'll treat it as if they won the Super Bowl. Pathetic.

newsig.jpg

Steve Young, Jeff Garcia, and a young Mark Brunell were all once considered 'athletic' quarterbacks as well.

Oddly enough, so was Scott Frost. And Eric Crouch. And Matt Jones.

Y'all saw how that turned out.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

DAMN YOU HANK BASKET!

Who had a chance to field the On Side Kick?

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The Chronicle coverage and the ticket prices are embarrassing too. $500 for nosebleed seats, and news commentary that borders on covering the third world war. At least act like you have higher goals besides beating a mediocre team four hours up I-45.

Houston may very well win this game. The sad part is that if they do, they'll treat it as if they won the Super Bowl. Pathetic.

More pathetic than the Cowboys going 0-3 in a season they expected to host the Super Bowl?

I sense a whole lotta' jealousy in that post.

DAMN YOU HANK BASKET!

The entire damn Colts side did. He was just the unlucky bastard the ball decided to bounce to.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

DAMN YOU HANK BASKET!

The entire damn Colts side did. He was just the unlucky bastard the ball decided to bounce to.

Yeah, it's not like he pulled an Az Hakim or something.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived