2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

Hey...you know, for eleven years he lead that team. He made some great plays for the Eagles over the course of eleven years. During the eleven years he was in Philadelphia, he lead them to four straight NFC title games and one Super Bowl in eleven years in a Philadelphia Eagles uniform. He loved Philadelphia for eleven years...and reflecting back on his eleven-year career in Philadelphia, he felt he was underappreciated for the things he accomplished for that team over the course of his eleven years playing there.

So after eleven years of many fond memories and such, he lead his new team onto the field against his former team, in a city he played in for eleven years. And his team beat the team he used to play for...for eleven years.

It's a stretch to say that he loved Philadelphia. I'm not going to get into it, but even his former teammates have come out of the woodwork to gripe about what an insecure sour puss he was the whole time, and how his inability to connect with his teammates made it impossible for him to be accepted as the leader and have respect in the locker room. It's hard to explain unless you followed it day-in and day-out. The QB of an NFL team, especially one in a major media market, is simply going to have an unfair share of pressure put on him. That's just how this thing works. Some guys thrive on that, others... well, throw up.

LOL at that last part. As for my post...I'm pretty well sure the guy was just playing nice to the media. I was really more or less lampooning the fact that he must have mentioned something along the lines of "loving" Philly and especially "eleven years" about seventeen times in one interview I saw yesterday morning, to say nothing of the repeated use of such throughout the week. Pretty funny lil' epside that was.

Just got back from working the game. Let's be honest here - McNabb didn't beat the Eagles. The Redskins beat the Eagles. McNabb was hardly better than average. The Eagles showed why Andy Reid is the worst game-day coach in the NFL (a delay after a timeout? Sad thing is that it wasn't the first time) and they validated my earlier posts that unless Mike Vick can play defense, they are simply not good enough, so they need to just play Kolb and take their lumps for the good of the future. It's still unfair to judge Kolb, because he was thrown into a bad situation today, but it's clear that he's not as close as I thought he was. I still don't see any reason why he can't get there, it just may not be immediate. He clearly doesn't have that "game management" instinct that good starting QBs have (for example, with the clock running, sometimes it's better to throw it away even if you have a wide open receiver if that receiver won't be able to stop the clock.)

[snip]

For the record, I gave him his polite applause. It's over. No need to beat the proverbial dead horse. Now all that's left to focus my ire on is Andy Reid.

I've been thinking that same thing for years. And I imagine it's got to be doubly painful for you as it is for me to try to listen at that guy speak into a microphone while constantly running out of breath every fifth second. But yeah...Reid's gotten about as bad as Dennis Green, if not worse, as far as in-game coaching and management goes. I think I remember you saying some time ago the owners basically gave Reid a "lifetime" contract deal or something to that effect. If so, Reid better be thanking his lucky stars.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not literally a "lifetime" contract - he's on a regular deal, they've just said publicly that he's here as long as they're in charge and he wants to be here.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I cant wait til the Marlins leave, every year they :censored: up that field for the Dolphins.

Speaking of Dolphins they are putting the Special in Special Teams tonight.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

P.S. to Falcons fans: I'm comforted by the fact that the Saints have earned their victories, ugly as they may be. That's unlike the Falcons, who but for two unbelievable gaffes - Hartley's miss and Clements' ridiculous failure to get on the ground - would be 1-3.

Don't even start that :censored:. The Saints are the epitome of "lucky".

If the Saints were in the same position the Falcons are, you'd be using the terms "gutsy", "opportunistic", "clutch", etc. to describe the team.

The Falcons have been far from perfect, but they've done the things they needed to do to win games. All that matters is getting the win....style points don't apply.

I'd be more concerned about your Saints. They've had to scratch and claw to collect wins against teams that, entering the game, haven't won a game.

Whatever the :censored: Joe Robbie/Pro Player/Land Shark/etc. is named now looks just awful with the laid grass post-Marlins season.

Because the sod was laid back down 30 hours ago after the Marlins game with the Pirates yesterday. From last Sunday night against the Jets, the infield sod was taken back up for baseball.

P.S. to Falcons fans: I'm comforted by the fact that the Saints have earned their victories, ugly as they may be. That's unlike the Falcons, who but for two unbelievable gaffes - Hartley's miss and Clements' ridiculous failure to get on the ground - would be 1-3.

Don't even start that :censored:. The Saints are the epitome of "lucky".

The Falcons have been far from perfect, but they've done the things they needed to do to win games. All that matters is getting the win....style points don't apply.

This, this, a thousand times this. As good as the Saints were last year, you can't deny that they literally caught every break imaginable. There are sooooooooooooo many situations from last season where we could say "Well, if it wasn't for:"

• The Colts falling asleep on a kickoff during the Super Bowl, leading to the Saints recovering an onside kick that completely changed the game, they wouldn't be Super Bowl Champions
  • The Vikings putting the ball on the ground 84 times during the NFC title game, they wouldn't have made it to the Super Bowl.
  • The Falcons having a severely weakened squad due to injury, they probably would've lost the matchup in the Georgia Dome
  • Kareem Moore's "ridiculous failure to get on the ground", the Saints probably would've lost to the Redskins.
  • The Dolphins falling asleep at the wheel at home against one of the teams that you absolutely CAN'T fall asleep against, the Saints would've lost at Miami

So yeah, pardon us Falcons fans if we don't wanna hear from a Saints fan about how lucky our team is, especially considering the good fortune you guys had last year. I don't give a damn how the Falcons win. This isn't the BCS, they don't have to win all fancy & :censored:. A win is a win is a win is a win.

I don't know if anyone DVRed the game, but at the end after he high-fived all the defensive players and right before Brady exuberantly came off the field, they had a close-up of Belichick's face and he had this utterly classic, extremely rare smirk on his face, almost a grin. It said something to the tune of "Super Bowl. Book it." I'm pumped after that, what a great win. Definitely the best since 07. I'm holding out hope that the defense can gel quickly and stop looking atrocious in long spurts as the next 6 or so weeks are going to be brutal after the bye. Woo!

I don't know if anyone DVRed the game, but at the end after he high-fived all the defensive players and right before Brady exuberantly came off the field, they had a close-up of Belichick's face and he had this utterly classic, extremely rare smirk on his face, almost a grin. It said something to the tune of "Super Bowl. Book it." I'm pumped after that, what a great win. Definitely the best since 07. I'm holding out hope that the defense can gel quickly and stop looking atrocious in long spurts as the next 6 or so weeks are going to be brutal after the bye. Woo!

As long as the patriots got Belichick & Brady they'll always be good :(

I can't imagine that picking up a 33-year-old, aging version of Randy Moss (who sulked his way out of Minnesota the first time around) would do the Vikings any good. I might have to eat my words later, but for now, I just don't see the benefit for Minnesota.

He may be aging, but right now a 33-year old Randy Moss is, by far, so much better then what Minnesota has for wideouts. Harvin has been dealing with those migraines, Rice is out until the halfway point of the season and Camerillo hasn't lit the world on fire.

The Vikings landing Moss would suddenly make the Vikings' receiving corps look strong (on paper) and allow His Bret-ness to have a weapon to have so defenses don't start putting in 7 or 8 in the box to stuff A.P. like a turkey.

Jay Glazer is reporting this bit of news on his Twitter:

The Patriots and Vikings are "very close" to deal that would send Randy Moss back to Minnesota.

:shocked:

This will be a stunning deal. If its done the Vikings will be back in the picture.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

My first thought is that this is horse :censored:. What the hell is the benefit of trading one of the best WRs in the league? He is a threat on every single play whether he gets thrown to or not. Plus, the Pats would get a 3rd rounder if he walks in FA this offseason anyway, so if they are talking about this for a 3rd round pick, I would have no words whatsoever.

My second thought is that Randy is finally turning into the cancer that everyone warns against. If it's true that he came in this morning after one of the biggest wins in recent memory throwing a hissy fit because he had 0 catches, that can only mean bad things. Apparently he demanded a trade after week 1 but the only party with anything significant at stake here is Randy, as it is a contract year. Personally, I just want Randy happy because a happy Randy is an extra-destructive (to defenses) Randy. Call this bluff but offer him an extension midway through the year.

Right now I have an immense fear of Favre and Randy coming into Foxboro on Halloween and torching the :censored: out of the Pats secondary en route to a blowout win. I have no idea how New England could ever let this have a slight possibility of happening.

Archived