2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My opinion on this trade is that its mostly about Belichick's ego. The guy is so arrogant that he traded one of the best receivers currently, and in history to prove a point. Prove to Moss that he doesn't need him, and that he's a better coach, than Moss is a receiver.

I would do more research as to why the Pats traded him if I were you. Moss pissed off the entire coaching staff, team, and other employees with his shenanigans in Miami, and apparently it's been that way the whole season. Again, not trying to be a dick, but this is more than Belichick's ego.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

No excuses for the Jets now that the Patriots have suddenly become 'sellers'. Having already beaten the Pats and Dolphins head-to-head, anything short of an AFC East title would have to be considered a massive failure for Gang Green.

And oh by the way, with this trade now being final, New England Patriots Dynasty: OVER.

It's been over for a while, hasn't it?

Brady has only Welker now on offense, no help at all running the ball, and addressing the defense has been ignored for too long. If the New England dynasty isn't dead yet, it sure as hell is on life support!

Curty,

Brady has Welker, Hernandez, Edelman, Tate, Gronkowski, Woodhead coming out of the backfield, and even Crumpler might get some throws his way. And he has BGE, Morris, Woodhead as his running backs. They're actually in pretty good shape. The Pats carved up everyone except the Jets, when most of those guys didn't even see the ball because Brady kept forcing it to Moss in the second half. Everyone's going to complain about the trade when the Pats play Baltimore next game, but Baltimore will make any offense look :censored:ty...see Week One, 2010.

And let's face it, massive failures are pretty synonymous with the Jets the last 30 years, so I really don't see why this year is any different. Tomlinson had a great day against the Bills...cool. Wait till he quits on the team late in the year or has some mysterious "toe" injury.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

No excuses for the Jets now that the Patriots have suddenly become 'sellers'. Having already beaten the Pats and Dolphins head-to-head, anything short of an AFC East title would have to be considered a massive failure for Gang Green.

And oh by the way, with this trade now being final, New England Patriots Dynasty: OVER.

It's been over for a while, hasn't it?

Yeah, if it's over it ended when Bernard Pollard turned Brady's leg into jello. Not because they traded Moss.

and I'm a Pats fan.

Brady has only Welker now on offense, no help at all running the ball, and addressing the defense has been ignored for too long. If the New England dynasty isn't dead yet, it sure as hell is on life support!

Brady has Welker, Hernandez, Edelman, Tate, Gronkowski, Woodhead coming out of the backfield, and even Crumpler might get some throws his way. And he has BGE, Morris, Woodhead as his running backs. They're actually in pretty good shape. The Pats carved up everyone except the Jets, when most of those guys didn't even see the ball because Brady kept forcing it to Moss in the second half. Everyone's going to complain about the trade when the Pats play Baltimore next game, but Baltimore will make any offense look :censored:ty...see Week One, 2010.

Bingo.

Yeah, if it's over it ended when the Patriots let that puke Eli Manning get a Lombardi.

FYP.

It was a tough call, but in the end I decided that Eli getting a ring was slightly more tolerable then the Patriots going undefeated. Plus when you remove team loyalties from the picture it was a pretty good game.

Yeah, if it's over it ended when the Patriots let that puke Eli Manning get a Lombardi.

FYP.

You know that trade worked out for the Chargers. They got an All Pro QB, and draft picks which they used to get Shawn Merriman and Nate Heimlick Kaeding.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

FYP.

You know that trade worked out for the Chargers. They got an All Pro QB, and draft picks which they used to get Shawn Merriman and Nate Heimlick Kaeding.

Shawne Merriman has never played all 16 games in a season, has been suspended for PEDs, and has only had 4 sacks in the since the 2008 season. Keading has the yipps in the playoffs.

Duh, of course it worked out amazingly for the Chargers. But I still think it's gross that Eli has a ring and Rivers doesn't when Rivers and the Chargers are clearly better than Eli and the Giants.

I would have rather seen the Patriots go undefeated because at least that would have been a historic accomplishment that even rival fans had to give props for.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Curty,

And let's face it, massive failures are pretty synonymous with the Jets the last 30 years, so I really don't see why this year is any different. Tomlinson had a great day against the Bills...cool. Wait till he quits on the team late in the year or has some mysterious "toe" injury.

Why are we all of a sudden making this about the Jets? New York's got nothing to do with New England dealing away one of their three offensive weapons, or even the Patriots' 5-year Super Bowl drought, for that matter.

6uXNWAo.png

Duh, of course it worked out amazingly for the Chargers. But I still think it's gross that Eli has a ring and Rivers doesn't when Rivers and the Chargers are clearly better than Eli and the Giants.

I would have rather seen the Patriots go undefeated because at least that would have been a historic accomplishment that even rival fans had to give props for.

well, but Eli had a pretty big part in the tyree catch. I mean, how many NFL quarterbacks would have struggled that much? I doubt philip rivers wouln't have been on his butt by the time Maning managed to throw it

07Giants.pngnyy.png

The NFL throws that word around so often its lost all meaning. I'm sure if you look hard enough (and the NFL does) you will find something that has either never happened in the league before, or at least for a long time, any given week.

EDIT-Also, I wouldn't say the Chargers are clearly better. San Diego's just as adept as folding up in the clutch as the Giants. Also, Eli may come off as an inbred country hick, but Rivers, quite frankly, comes off as a complete jackass.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Although, the Broncos won the Division 1-AA National Championship in 1980.

Were you even aware of the school's existence back then (or before 2006 for that matter)?

I have two thoughts regarding the Moss trade. 1.) It should be interesting to see Favre and Moss together. I know there were rumors it would happen in Green Bay. Maybe they can help redeem each other's season. 2.) It seems like alot of teams trade for draft picks these day and most of the time its seems like a steal. I would think Randy Moss would be more valuable to the Vikings than a 3rd round pick. I know Anquan Boldin will be more valuable than the Ravens 3rd and 4th round picks (and the Ravens usually find good value in the draft). It just seems to me teams could get more for the "star" players. They should at least get a 1st or 2nd rounder (I admit the Seymour trade is really good, and even better if it gets the #1 pick).

Well think of it this way, the Giants have not have the burden of Schottenhimer and Turner. That is why Rivers is ringless.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

EDIT-Also, I wouldn't say the Chargers are clearly better.

I'd take Rivers, Gates, Merriman, Phillips, Chambers, Jackson, etc. that year in a heartbeat over Eli and his supporting cast.

By the way, it bears mentioning that Rivers played the Patriots tough with a torn ACL during the AFC Championship Game. If he had been healthy during that game, I think the Chargers would have had a far better chance at beating the Pats and getting to the Super Bowl that year.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Did you even watch Monday Night Football?

The Pats won, 41-14, and Moss didn't have a single reception.

Not to mention that Taylor was hurt.

With most of those points coming off of flukey special teams/defensinve scores -- ones that come few and far between for almost all teams. Aside from MNF, the Patriots got doubled-up by the Jets and barely got by that JV team from Buffalo. While they are currently 3-1, this definitely isn't the same Patriots team who won 3 Super Bowls, nor are they the juggernaut that started out 18-0 in '07. Brady has only Welker now on offense, no help at all running the ball, and addressing the defense has been ignored for too long. If the New England dynasty isn't dead yet, it sure as hell is on life support!

You say all this and the Patriots are STILL better than the Jets.

Did you even watch Monday Night Football?

The Pats won, 41-14, and Moss didn't have a single reception.

Not to mention that Taylor was hurt.

With most of those points coming off of flukey special teams/defensinve scores -- ones that come few and far between for almost all teams. Aside from MNF, the Patriots got doubled-up by the Jets and barely got by that JV team from Buffalo. While they are currently 3-1, this definitely isn't the same Patriots team who won 3 Super Bowls, nor are they the juggernaut that started out 18-0 in '07. Brady has only Welker now on offense, no help at all running the ball, and addressing the defense has been ignored for too long. If the New England dynasty isn't dead yet, it sure as hell is on life support!

You say all this and the Patriots are STILL better than the Jets.

Did ya sleep through Week 2?

6uXNWAo.png

Archived