2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So as most of you already know, The NFL welcomes it's 2010 class tonight.

Jerry Rice, Emmitt Smith, Rickey Jackson, John Randle, Russ Grimm, Dick LeBeau and Floyd Little.

So where does this class rank among history?

I'm going to say that historically it ranks as the HOF class of 2010. Jerry Rice and Emmitt Smith are no-brainers. Two all-time greats. One could make an argument either way with the rest. I'm glad for every one of the others but I'm not sure I'd have voted for any of them.

No doubt about Emmitt and Jerry. I'm biased, but I'm glad to see Russ Grimm make it. the Hogs needed some HOF love.

I noticed that the cutters gloves worn by nfl players don't say cutters but, they have the nfl equipment logo. I have a nike glove from a jaguars player with the nfl equipment logo on it but, it does display the nike swoosh. Why is this?

I noticed that the cutters gloves worn by nfl players don't say cutters but, they have the nfl equipment logo. I have a nike glove from a jaguars player with the nfl equipment logo on it but, it does display the nike swoosh. Why is this?

NFL only permits Cutters gloves without any identifying features (aside from the NFL Equipment logo). Cutters old catalogs stated that directly.

NFL only permits Cutters gloves without any identifying features (aside from the NFL Equipment logo). Cutters old catalogs stated that directly.

Thanks is that the only company the Nfl doesn't allow to use there own branding?

AFC East

1.Patriots 11-5

2.Dolphins 10-6

3.Jets 9-7

4.Bills 8-8

AFC North

1. Ravens 12-4

2. Steelers 10-6

3. Bengals 8-8

4. Browns 5-11

AFC South

1. Colts 12-4

2. Texans 10-6

3. Titans 7-9

4. Jaguars 6-10

AFC West

1. Chargers 9-7

2. Chiefs 8-8

3. Broncos 7-9

4. Raiders 5-11

1. Ravens

2. Colts

3. Patriots

4. Chargers

5. Texans

6. Steelers

Patriots>Steelers

Chargers<Texans

Ravens>Texans

Colts>Patriots

Ravens>Colts

NFC East

1. Cowboys 11-5

2. Redskins 10-6

3. Eagles 9-7

4. Giants 8-8

NFC North

1. Packers 13-3

2. Vikings 9-7

3. Bears 7-9

4. Lions 5-11

NFC South

1. Falcons 12-4

2. Saints 11-5

3. Bucs 5-11

4. Panthers 5-11

NFC West

1. 49ers 9-7

2. Cardinals 8-8

3. Seahawks 6-10

4. Rams 4-12

1. Packers

2. Falcons

3. Cowboys

4. 49ers

5. Saints

6. Redskins

Cowboys<Redskins

49ers<Saints

Packers>Redskins

Falcons>Saints

Packers>Falcons

Packers>Ravens

saBS.png

My 'Boys looked good on offense and defense. Wish we would have scored a TD on that first drive, but oh well, we still have the same red-zone problems. At least our 1st string D shut down a very high-powered offense that the Bengals have. That, my friends, is a good sign for us.

GO COWBOYS!

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

My 'Boys looked good on offense and defense. Wish we would have scored a TD on that first drive, but oh well, we still have the same red-zone problems. At least our 1st string D shut down a very high-powered offense that the Bengals have. That, my friends, is a good sign for us.

GO COWBOYS!

Are you Wade Phillips or Jason Garrett?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I know it was a preseason game, but from the sounds of it last night's Dallas-Cincinnati was ugly, at least.

I mean, 16-7? I know both teams are rusty, but come on... At least tell the back ups to put on a show so those at the game and those watching can at least go home happy.

I know it was a preseason game, but from the sounds of it last night's Dallas-Cincinnati was ugly, at least.

I mean, 16-7? I know both teams are rusty, but come on... At least tell the back ups to put on a show so those at the game and those watching can at least go home happy.

Nobody goes home happy from a preseason game (except possibly the little kids.)

$100 or more for a ticket, $7.50 or more for a beer, to watch guys who won't play a down in the regular season perform a watered-down versoin of the playbook. Preseason football is the biggest scam in all of sports - it should be illegal for them to force you to buy those tickets or lose your regular-season passes.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

$100 or more for a ticket, $7.50 or more for a beer, to watch guys who won't play a down in the regular season perform a watered-down versoin of the playbook. Preseason football is the biggest scam in all of sports - it should be illegal for them to force you to buy those tickets or lose your regular-season passes.

It's a hell of a business decision fron an ownership perspective though. I don't have beef with it because watching sports and going to sporting events is a privilege and luxury, not a right. If people don't like it then don't buy the product.

I do understand your point; however, I completely disagree with it.

It's a hell of a business decision fron an ownership perspective though. I don't have beef with it because watching sports and going to sporting events is a privilege and luxury, not a right. If people don't like it then don't buy the product.

I do understand your point; however, I completely disagree with it.

Well of course - that pretty much goes for any non-essential item in a capitalistic society. It's just tough knowing that if you chose not to buy the product, you may not get another chance to buy it for 30+ years based on season-ticket waiting lists. Going to regular-season / playoff games is so fun, I'm not sure of too many people who would risk losing that ability over two preseason games. So yeah - it's good business, it just ain't cool.

I'd rather them just raise the regular-season ticket prices and lower the preseason, so even though you spend the same, it doesn't seem like you're getting robbed for those first two games.

Or you could avail yourself of tickets at a small fraction of that through resale sites and choose not to buy the beer. Not quite so bad then.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Or you could avail yourself of tickets at a small fraction of that through resale sites and choose not to buy the beer. Not quite so bad then.

While I don't have much recent experience in the secondary market for Eagles tickets since I get paid to essentially watch the games, I can't say for sure, but based on stories that I hear and transactions that I see in the parking lots, I doubt that unless they're playing some garbage AFC team like Jacksonville or Kansas City in an early-season game, there's not much chance of getting a ticket for below the face value. Maybe that'll be different this year with the lowered expectations, but that's been the case for at least the past 9.

While I don't have much recent experience in the secondary market for Eagles tickets since I get paid to essentially watch the games, I can't say for sure, but based on stories that I hear and transactions that I see in the parking lots, I doubt that unless they're playing some garbage AFC team like Jacksonville or Kansas City in an early-season game, there's not much chance of getting a ticket for below the face value. Maybe that'll be different this year with the lowered expectations, but that's been the case for at least the past 9.

Well, I was speaking solely in the context of the preseason.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I suppose you blame McNabb for that, too, right? tongue.gif

Every problem in this city can likely be linked to Donovan McNabb or Pat Burrell, including (but not limited to) the budget problems, parking wars, homelessness, and Michael Leighton's suckiness.

Division Winners in bold, Wild card underlined

AFC East - Bills, Patriots, Dolphins, Jets

AFC North - Browns, Steelers, Bengals, Ravens

AFC South - Jaguars, Titans, Texans, Colts

AFC West - Chiefs, Raiders, Broncos, Chargers

NFC East - Eagles, Redskins, Giants, Cowboys

NFC North - Bears, Lions, Vikings, Packers

NFC South - Bucs, Panthers, Saints, Falcons

NFC West - Seahawks, Rams, Cardinals, 49ers

AFC Seeds - 1 - Ravens, 2 - Jets, 3 - Colts, 4 - Chargers, 5 - Bengals, 6 - Texans

AFC Surprise - Texans

AFC Dissapointment - Patriots

NFC Seeds - 1 - Cowboys, 2 - Falcons, 3 - Packers, 4 - 49ers, 5 - Saints, 6 - Vikings

NFC Surprise - Falcons

NFC Dissapointment - None

AFC Wildcard - #3 Colts vs #6 Texans, #4 Chargers vs #5 Bengals

AFC Divisional - #1 Ravens vs #6 Texans, #2 Jets vs #5 Bengals

AFC Championship - #1 Ravens vs #2 Jets

NFC Wildcard - #3 Packers vs #6 Vikings, #4 49ers vs #5 Saints

NFC Divisional - #1 Cowboys vs #5 Saints, #2 Falcons vs #3 Packers

NFC Championship - #1 Cowboys vs #2 Falcons

SUPER BOWL - Ravens vs Cowboys

CHAMPION - Ravens

if the cowboys win 9 to 11 games this year it will be because the defense saved their asses. Offensively they will be good enough to lose in the first game of the playoffs. This is Romo after all in fact the only thing that separates him from Trent Dilfer is that Dilfer has a super bowl ring and romo can only dream of having one.

other than that should be a fun year, they won't make the super bowl or win it but should be fun anyway.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived