2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm speechless. How is Norv Turner still coaching in the NFL?

This team sucks. I'm giving up all hope of making the playoffs, time to start the rebuilding of this franchise. That rebuilding should start with the entire coaching staff being fired in the offseason. We would have had at least three rings by now under a competent coach, but no, AJ has to stick to "his guy" despite the fact that his guy is incompetent. Embarrassing.

How is Norv allowed to get away with crap like not challenging the clear touchdown taken away from Mathews and running the Sproles draw play countless times without any success, while guys like Cowher, Gruden, and Dungy aren't coaching right now?

/rant

And while we're at it, the Spanos family should sell the team right now.

Wow the 49ers are a disaster of epic proportions. Alex Smith next to JaMarcus Russell may be the worst QB #1 pick ever.

They're freaking schizo man. They lose to good teams by close margins and then get blown out by :censored: teams.

IF LIFE THROWS YOU A LEMON.............KICK IT'S :censored:ING ASS!

Wow the 49ers are a disaster of epic proportions. Alex Smith next to JaMarcus Russell may be the worst QB #1 pick ever.

Call me crazy but I think if the 49ers had even a decent QB they would be at worst 2-3 right now. I've watched at least some of every game they've played this season. They don't look bad on defense and they have some playmakers on offense. Their problem is they have a QB who would need to improve significantly just to reach inept. Alex Smith is comically bad. His fumble that Philly returned for a TD was pure poetry. He looked like some contest winner got to line up under center for a play.

David Carr can't be any worse...OK maybe he can...but still, isn't it time to give him a shot? What's the worst that can happen? They already suck.

BB52Big.jpg

They're freaking schizo man. They lose to good teams by close margins and then get blown out by :censored: teams.

Every time it appears they are close to breaking through Alex Smith does something bad. He is like a reverse Peyton Manning, Peyton Manning always seems to pull out the close games (SB XLIV notable exception), while Smith seems to throw the bad pick or fumble away any chance to win.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

How Alex Smith is still a starter in this league is beyond me. He's 0-5 this year. Probably a career win percentage of .250. He stinks up the joint to begin the game, only to clean up his own mess, making the game seem close when the gun sounds. He's never going to be Joe Montana. Never will even be Jeff Garcia. Hell, anyone know if Tim Rattay needs work?? Unless Sngletary wants his ass on the curb next month, it's time him him to cut the cord on this loser, STAT!

6uXNWAo.png

I'll start with the game I watched half of on TV, and half of one my ESPN Gamecast. I am more than happy with the Colts for pulling out a win in the punt/pass/kick competition that broke out in Indy. But what is wrong with the Colts offense this year? It's just not nearly as efficient. I don't have a real good explanation. But in any case, it was a game the Colts really needed to win.

Second, the game I actually went to with Saints/Cards... Looks like the Cardinals have found themselves a new quarterback. Max Hall played very well. He came back from a few big hits limping off the field only to go back out there and lead the Cardinals to a victory. He's a gutsy little guy. He never really challenged the Saints downfield, but from 5-15 yards he had an accurate ball that had some zip to it. He was extremely efficient.

And while I talked about the Colts offensive issues, the Saints have not been nearly as explosive as last year. I kept waiting for the Saints to truly stretch the field, and I can only remember about 4 passes that were attempted long throws. One hit off the reciever's hands, two were intercepted, and the other was the TD at the end of the first half. But today, I'd give huge props to the Cardinals defense. After New Orleans ran the ball well early on, the D-line for the Cards stepped up and started getting into the backfield and rushing Brees. Brees had to hurry a few throws and the Cards secondary was well up to the task. They were blanketing the Saints receivers all day.

A great all-around effort from the Cardinals. Really encouraging for them. I really like what Max Hall brings, and the defense stepped up in a big way today. Good for you, Arizona.

Also, Saints fans have gotten a large amount of bravado in a short amount of time. Those loud, boisterous, and numerous "Who Dats" disappeared quite quickly at the end of the fourth and into the parking lot. Hell, I didn't even get any crap for wearing my Colts jersey :P

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

To a Falcons fan, the 20-10 win over Cleveland was a tough, grind-it-out game.

To BlueSky, it was just another case of the Falcons being uber-lucky, since the weather in Cleveland was nice and sunny and warm, and Jake Delhomme was the QB in the second half....

Take your shots...doesn't bother me. Haven't seen that game or any highlights either so I can't really comment. I will say that the Falcons are clearly more hungry and determined than the Saints are right now.

How many times have a rookie quarterback, in his first start, beat the defending Super Bowl Champions?

Max Hall's stats were 17-27 for 168 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT and 2 fumbles, both of which the Cardinals recovered. Meanwhile the Saints had 4 turnovers, two of which were returned for scores. So did Max Hall beat the Saints? Might be more accurate to say he played QB for the team that beat the Saints. Some (Hedley) will accuse me of splitting hairs 'cause I'm a homer, but I think I have a sound case. :D

I am in no way comparing the two events, but my reaction to yesterday's horrible Saints performance was much the same as what the NASA narrator said when the Challenger exploded: "Obviously a major malfunction." Something is definitely wrong in New Orleans.

As the season approached, I felt pretty good because the Saints only lost one relevant FA (Fujita) and I felt if anyone could stay focused in all the hoopla, it was Brees. But maybe the short off-season, book signings, photo and commercial shoots, interviews, magazine spreads, overseas USO tours, general adoration, and whatever else he's been up to have taken their toll. It looks like a lot of the players have gotten caught up in reading their clippings.

These Saints look suspiciously like the 2007 version, who went to the NFC Championship game in '06, got impressed with themselves, and started 2007 0-4. One would think they'd have learned from that, but perhaps not.

I also have an uneasy feeling about Sean Payton. The Vicodin thing seems to have gone away but now there's Payton's and the team's association with this sleazy Mike Ornstein character. Makes we wonder if something is going on behind the scenes that has people's minds on issues other than football.

BTW, there's a nola.com article related to the Ornstein situation that has some interesting things to say about team owners and league officials making tons of money scalping Super Bowl tickets. We'd all love to go to a Super Bowl I'm sure; if the allegations are true, doesn't it give you a nice warm and fuzzy feeling about the NFL and its owners? :cursing:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Well Drew Breeze was on the cover of Madden....

The Saints, wow. How the mighty have fallen. The Chargers, THE CHARGERS, put up 40+ points on the Cardinals and the Saints lose? What's going on in NOLA? Is this the other side of a deal with the Devil? "Ok, you'll win the Super Bowl, but you'll suck for the rest of your franchise's existence afterwards."

As for the Chargers, COME ON! It's the Raiders. THE RAIDERS! Norv has to go. The Spanos family either needs to sell the team or step back from all football operations and hire a GM and coach who know how to build and run a team. AJ Smith and Norv Turner are not these people. This whole thing they're doing now? It's not working.

At least the Cowboys and Broncos lost. That softens the blow somewhat.

Well Drew Breeze was on the cover of Madden....

The Saints, wow. How the mighty have fallen. The Chargers, THE CHARGERS, put up 40+ points on the Cardinals and the Saints lose? What's going on in NOLA? Is this the other side of a deal with the Devil? "Ok, you'll win the Super Bowl, but you'll suck for the rest of your franchise's existence afterwards."

As for the Chargers, COME ON! It's the Raiders. THE RAIDERS! Norv has to go. The Spanos family either needs to sell the team or step back from all football operations and hire a GM and coach who know how to build and run a team. AJ Smith and Norv Turner are not these people. This whole thing they're doing now? It's not working.

At least the Cowboys and Broncos lost. That softens the blow somewhat.

Considering their performance 1967-2008, I think the Saints paid that debt off in advance. :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Chargers special teams coach Steve Crosby isn't going to be fired.

Unbelievable. Haven't they noticed that we've now lost THREE games due to special teams gaffes?

I'm starting to think the Chargers organization is more out-of-touch and dysfunctional than the Clippers organization, and that's really saying something. I'm at the end of my rope with the Chargers. We're just never going to win a Super Bowl with AJ and this coaching staff.

The Chargers deserve to have every home game blacked out until AJ, Norv, and Crosby get fired.

Oh, and bonus: Norv still has yet to apologize for not having his team fully prepared to start the year again. He really is a master at spreading the blame around and making sure he gets as little as possible. :rolleyes:

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Has anyone noticed that Carson Palmer has gone on a steep decline? I mean, come on, you have OchoCinco & T.O. to throw to and he somehow manages to toss it to the other team on a regular basis (7 TD-6 INTs as of yesterday) & basically cost them that game yesterday. Come on, now. He's got 2 pretty good WRs (albeit T.O. is pushing 40 & OchoCinco is pretty overrated. Entertaining, but overrated.), and he's out there throwing picks. I really hope they can turn it around, they had no business losing that game yesterday.

Also, in homer news...Kroy Biermann is the man. 5th round pick, worked his way into the starting 11, took a role as a part-time kicker could be on his way to a breakout Pro Bowl season this year, and now he has THIS on his resume. What can this man not do? :P

Can somebody tell me how Spurlock's catch that set up the game winning field goal for the Buccaneers was a catch, but Calvin Johnson's against the Bears wasn't? Calvin caught it, landed on his feet, fell on his butt, rolled over and was getting up when the ball hit the ground. Spurlock was already going to the ground when he made the catch, and the ball hit the ground and moved all over the place.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Aaron Rodgers has a concussion, Jermichael Finley is going for arthroscopic knee surgery expected to be out a few weeks.

It could be worse, But this team has failed to impress anyone this year and the Packers are entering quite the gauntlet of games that could decide their season.

Week 6: vs. Miami

Week 7: vs. Minnesota

Week 8: @ NY Jets

Week 9: vs. Dallas

Week 10: BYE

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived