2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Upon watching the first bit of the Lions/Yinzers game last night, I was pretty pleased with Detroit's starters. Jahvid Best looked solid, even blocking pretty well on passing plays. Speaking of which, I'm excited to see what Stafford will do with two solid TEs and a #2 WR not named Bryant Johnson. Even defensively, the Lions looked decent....I love the Suh/Vanden Bosch tandem.

Why am I always so optimistic about the Lions?

You're welcome.

Signed,

Cornhusker Nation :P

Somehow, I get the feeling that the St. Louis Rams have the exact opposite sentiment about Cornhusker Nation...

I don't.

/I hate this front office.

Oh, my bad...what I had meant to say was "I get the feeling that the St. Louis Rams fans have the exact opposite sentiment about Cornhusker Nation"...

(Okay, maybe I meant just you, rams80. I'm sure Richie Incognito and Eric Crouch are names you don't care to read right now if eva eva, eva eva eva eva again.)

Actually, Nebraska commands my primary loyalty in College football, and has for pretty much my entire life. I try to think of players they got a few could years out of, like Grant Wistrom, rather than the bad. (How could you forget Lawrence Phillips? :P )

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I was hoping he'd retire, because of the concussion issues he had last year, but in lieu of that, I hope he can somehow stay healthy, get a lot of PT, and tear it up for the niners. If not for his fragility, dude could've been a great player for a long time.

Funny Westbrook story - one of my ex GFs worked at Nordstrom with a black girl (color is relevant here) who claimed to have dated him while at Villanova and his first year or two in the NFL. She said that he dumped her and claimed that he was too big of a star to be seen with black women. I'm not sure if he said it sarcastically, if he has dated only white women since then, or if it's even true at all, but I usually think of that story when I think of him.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Upon watching the first bit of the Lions/Yinzers game last night, I was pretty pleased with Detroit's starters. Jahvid Best looked solid, even blocking pretty well on passing plays. Speaking of which, I'm excited to see what Stafford will do with two solid TEs and a #2 WR not named Bryant Johnson. Even defensively, the Lions looked decent....I love the Suh/Vanden Bosch tandem.

Why am I always so optimistic about the Lions?

You're welcome.

Signed,

Cornhusker Nation :P

Somehow, I get the feeling that the St. Louis Rams have the exact opposite sentiment about Cornhusker Nation...

I always thought Grant Wistrom did pretty well down there before he went to Seattle

LeGarrette Blount, of Oregon/Boise State sucker punch fame, throws another blow.

What a tool. People like Blount don't deserve second third chances. Next stop for him is probably the UFL or Foot Locker.

Except training camp fights happen all the time. And he apologized. And Jeff Fisher said it was no big deal.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You mean there was a training camp fight? Wow we dont see that more than two or three times a day this time a year.

Tank is spot on (wow). Who cares about a training camp fight? Yeah, Blount was involved in the fight, but training camp fights occur about as often as hockey fights in the NHL. This is much ado about nothing.

You know, with as much as Kolb is struggling, I'd consider running McCoy 70 to 80 times a game. He can handle it.

I agree Will. If you can get even 2 yards a carry that's 140-160 yards a game. Up that to three yards a carry and you're looking at 210-240 yards rushing per game. Any team that can consistently put up those rushing numbers should win. Then there's the added benefit of keeping the opposing offense off the field. I like it.

BB52Big.jpg

You know, with as much as Kolb is struggling, I'd consider running McCoy 70 to 80 times a game. He can handle it.

I agree Will. If you can get even 2 yards a carry that's 140-160 yards a game. Up that to three yards a carry and you're looking at 210-240 yards rushing per game. Any team that can consistently put up those rushing numbers should win. Then there's the added benefit of keeping the opposing offense off the field. I like it.

If they do this, they will go undefeated. And by undefeated, I mean 8 wins and 8 ties. Either way, that is a foolproof plan.

If they do this, they will go undefeated. And by undefeated, I mean 8 wins and 8 ties. Either way, that is a foolproof plan.

I can't think of one single flaw with this strategy. Not one.

It took a while but it's nice to see that some of us are finally recognizing the genius of WillMorris.

BB52Big.jpg

*looks at the previous posts*

I take it my sarcasm meter must be on the fritz. There's no way anyone can run the ball 70-80 times a game for 16 games (That would mean 1,120-1,280 carries on the season).

Although, I do find it amusing to see will go off on these half assed rants.

*looks at the previous posts*

I take it my sarcasm meter must be on the fritz. There's no way anyone can run the ball 70-80 times a game for 16 games (That would mean 1,120-1,280 carries on the season).

Although, I do find it amusing to see will go off on these half assed rants.

No. We're dead serious.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived