What would you like to see in MLB for 2011 season?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

Count me in the minority when I'd like to see the Phillies darken their red. I like their current look (especially the day game faux-backs), but their maroon/light blue (or just maroon) days were one of their most memorable looks, even if it went against tradition. However, it's not going to happen.

The Padres should adopt brown/orange/sandy-gold, but they'll probably revert to a brown/yellow-gold look or possibly a brown/light blue/sandy-gold look.

I'm hoping that the A's go all gold, but we'll see about that.

The Blue Jays will likely botch an attempt to return to wearing, well, blue, favoring a gray or black alternate. Man, how I wish they'd bring back the graphite hats!

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Twins will probably get rid of their throwbacks, although I really like them. They should also get rid of the sleeveless version of the home uniform which I do not recall them wearing once this year. Then, they should introduce a navy road uniform so they can quit wearing the ones that say "Twins" for road games.

I completely disagree. The last things teams need are more alternates like this. A single navy alternate is enough.

But would you agree on two different-colored alternate jerseys? Such as red and blue?

No. There's no need for it. And there's a good reason why the Twins only wore their late '90s red alternate a few times: It's ugly.

I'm completely turned off by useless alternates. Throwbacks are fine. They're a nice reminder of a club's heritage. But what could possibly be gained from having 30 different uniform choices?

I don't even buy the argument that they're a money-maker for clubs. Houston could probably wear a different uniform combo every day of the season. Do they make substantially more in jersey sales because of it? And if they don't, what's the point?

I'm quickly becoming a curmudgeon.

The Twins will probably get rid of their throwbacks, although I really like them. They should also get rid of the sleeveless version of the home uniform which I do not recall them wearing once this year. Then, they should introduce a navy road uniform so they can quit wearing the ones that say "Twins" for road games.

I completely disagree. The last things teams need are more alternates like this. A single navy alternate is enough.

But would you agree on two different-colored alternate jerseys? Such as red and blue?

No. There's no need for it. And there's a good reason why the Twins only wore their late '90s red alternate a few times: It's ugly.

I'm completely turned off by useless alternates. Throwbacks are fine. They're a nice reminder of a club's heritage. But what could possibly be gained from having 30 different uniform choices?

I don't even buy the argument that they're a money-maker for clubs. Houston could probably wear a different uniform combo every day of the season. Do they make substantially more in jersey sales because of it? And if they don't, what's the point?

I'm quickly becoming a curmudgeon.

Actually I like the red alt. I got an authentic blank one last year. Currently trying to see if EPS can customize it (need to see if they have the correct nameplate).

I truly miss the Twins former blue road alt. Still my favorite Twins jersey. Would be interesting to see a new road blue alt with the Minnesota script in white.

As for the sleeveless, I have no idea why they even updated it for 2010 since they haven't worn it. Plus, the M hat is still an official cap (can purchase with the 2010 Inaugural Season logo) but they haven't worn that at all either!

The Padres current logo would look terrible in Brown and Orange/Yellow. Brown water? I am a strong advocate of the Padres going Brown, but the Friar would have to become the Primary on his own. No wordmark necessary.

Everyone loves a roundel.

It's gotta be Brown/Orange/Sandy-gold for the Pads...with their history of wearing brown, it only makes sense. They can keep the Army Green/Camo look as alternates.

Other hunches:

Astros could make some big changes. Even adding orange by replacing sand is a huge step forward.

Angels could be using a navy/red hat with current logo.

Marlins may swap out teal for orange next year, but that's not saying much, with as much black as they wear.

Nationals could introduce a white crowned, red billed, alt. hat with a blue curly "W" logo.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

The Angels are definitely getting a 50th anniversary patch for next season. Hopefully they went back to Todd Radom to design it. He did a great job with the Dodgers' 50th a couple years ago -- and a great job designing the current Angels uniforms.

I hope so too and I would loved to see the Angels goes with a blue alt and maybe bring back the California silhouette as an alt.

What I'd like to see:

• The Pardes go brown, gold, and orange
  • Oakland get a gold alternate while ditching the black one
  • Toronto go back to red, white, and blue
  • Pittsburgh get a gold alternate jersey and cap
  • The Mariners bring back the teal-billed caps and helmets and the alternate teal cap and jersey. Also, get rid of the current blue alternate and bring back the one that read Seattle

what id like to see happen:

Mets - drop black from anything on field, go with a blue alternate with orange letters, numbers and piping, maybe blue hat with ornage bill.

deleted everything else because i really couldnt care less what they do, they're not my team.

Mets, Jets, Islanders

what id like to see happen:

NL EAST:

Mets - drop black from anything on field, go with a blue alternate with orange letters, numbers and piping, maybe blue hat with ornage bill.

Braves - make the letters and numbers red on the navy alt and go back to navy with red bill hat for all unis.

Nationals - drop the navy dc uni package, match the home script with road, make team predominantly red and gold with navy accents, keep red w alt, adopt new white crown hat with red bill with either blue or red w for home uni or alt uni.

Phillies - put philadelphia on the roads, drop the blue hat- go with a red hat with blue bill instead. maybe adpot a red alt uni.

Marlins - would love for teal to come back, esp for one last year before the complete overhaul, maybe a throwback to the 90's, idn too close to a complete new identity to suggest anything.

NL Central:

Reds - drop black from the road hat, make home hat white crown with red bill and road the all red cap, keep red alt and use either hat.

Cubs - nothing to change here really, maybe dont wear the blue alt so much.

Cardinals - put st louis on the roads, change navy cap to a red bill hat, adopt a red alt with white letters and numbers.

Pirates - add a yellow bill to the current alt hat with white outlined p, adopt a gold uni with gold hat with black bill.

Brewers - go back to royal blue and gold as main colors but with current identity, put milwaukee on the road gray.

Astros - go back to the 90's identity, please- name contradicts the the whole name and history of the team.

NL WEST:

Dodgers - put white outline on the road unis again, possibly bring back the blue alt.

Rockies - bring back the purple alt and all purple hat, drop the black vest with black undershirt

Giants - put the nice san fransico script on the roads, adopt 2 black alt unis - one with orange giants and number, one wth orange sf and number. go back to white unis at home.

Padres - i would love for them to go back thier previous look with the navy and orange.

Diamondbacks - nothing really, maybe a black hat with red bill?

AL EAST:

Yankees - add altrnate jerseys, whether be navy road and home or a "yankees" script , add something.

Red Sox - go back to red on the roads - curent is drab and boring, add a red hat with navy birm, add navy piping to red alt, add red piping to navy alt.

Tampa Bay - add a navy hat with columbia birm, put tampa bay on road unis

Orioles - add an orange alt, drop the "o's" hat

Toronto - BLUE !!! drop black, make all black to blue. thier set would look great if all the black was blue.

AL CENTRAL:

White Sox - add a black hat with white birm or white hat with black birm, change road script to match home font

Indians - nothing to change really, keep the chief the block C is dull.

Twins - birng back red alt, drop the home vest, bring back navy road alt.

Royals - drop powder blue, bring out gold more. royal hat with gold birmmaybe.

Tigers - add a tiger script alt.

AL WEST:

Rangers - become mostly red again, put rangers back on all home jerseys, if keeping blue hat - make birmred.

Mariners - add teal again, not so sure about the teal jersey but bring back the teal birmedhat

Angels - put anaheim back on the roads, make road hat navy with red bill.

Athletics - drop black, add gold alt, add gold hat with green birm.

This has got to be the funniest post I've seen in a long time! The Astros name contradicts the name and the city? And the use of birm so many times. Did you mean berm? A mound of earth? I think you meant "brim", but I'm not sure. Has the education system in this country fallen so far?

I have a feeling the Orioles are going to add an orange home alternate jersey and a black road alternate jersey with "Baltimore" written across the chest, The Cardinals will add a red alternate jersey for Sunday home games, and the Mets could add a blue alternate in place of the dull black one. All bets are on that the Padres are going to have a complete ovehaul for 2011. Oh, and by the way, new dugout jackets are coming out come playoff time, right? It happens every three years.

I have a feeling the Orioles are going to add an orange home alternate jersey and a black road alternate jersey with "Baltimore" written across the chest, The Cardinals will add a red alternate jersey for Sunday home games, and the Mets could add a blue alternate in place of the dull black one. All bets are on that the Padres are going to have a complete ovehaul for 2011. Oh, and by the way, new dugout jackets are coming out come playoff time, right? It happens every three years.

Big fail if the Cards add a red alternate, home whites and road greys is all they need imo

Archived