What would you like to see in MLB for 2011 season?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So then this isn't really "speculations", this is just "what I want to see, but there's absolutely no way that it's happening".

Got it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I heard that the MLB contract with Majestic was ending after this season or next season and that Nike was interested in getting it. Does anyone know if a decision has been made on the new contract or is the bidding process still open?

I heard that the MLB contract with Majestic was ending after this season or next season and that Nike was interested in getting it. Does anyone know if a decision has been made on the new contract or is the bidding process still open?

Majestic?s exclusive contract for MLB authentic and replica jerseys runs through 2014.

So then this isn't really "speculations", this is just "what I want to see, but there's absolutely no way that it's happening".

Got it.

Unfortunately, the words "speculations" and "ideas" pretty much made this thread a free-for-all. Would've made sense to save it for closer to the offseason though, no?

Although like most Padres fans, I'd like to see a return to the brown, I'm not sure it's going to happen soon. If at all. The current ownership seems content on emphasizing the interlocking SD logo as the primary logo as it de-emphasizes the God-awful home plate wave logo. Simultaneously, it seems to view the brown and yellow scheme as part of the team's history that should be celebrated only six to ten times during a season. If anything, I think next season we will see the road uniforms changed to standard road grays, based on Jeff Moorad's open dislike of the current sand scheme. I also think that the home plate wave logo will go the way of the sand road uniforms and we'll see either a new logo or a new secondary logo with the interlocking SD logo finally used as the team's primary logo. Plus, with brown uniforms, I'm not sure Petco Park's blue seats and blue walls would match a team whose primary color is brown. The ballpark would probably be more friendly to a team wearing brown if there were green seats and green walls. Just my few cents.

Although like most Padres fans, I'd like to see a return to the brown, I'm not sure it's going to happen soon. If at all. The current ownership seems content on emphasizing the interlocking SD logo as the primary logo as it de-emphasizes the God-awful home plate wave logo. Simultaneously, it seems to view the brown and yellow scheme as part of the team's history that should be celebrated only six to ten times during a season. If anything, I think next season we will see the road uniforms changed to standard road grays, based on Jeff Moorad's open dislike of the current sand scheme. I also think that the home plate wave logo will go the way of the sand road uniforms and we'll see either a new logo or a new secondary logo with the interlocking SD logo finally used as the team's primary logo. Plus, with brown uniforms, I'm not sure Petco Park's blue seats and blue walls would match a team whose primary color is brown. The ballpark would probably be more friendly to a team wearing brown if there were green seats and green walls. Just my few cents.

Count me in as one who would love to see a return to brown, but I am hearing the same rumors as you about Moorad's uniform ideas.

Seriously, an interlocking "SD" as the team's primary, and a switch to gray roads? Man, just when you think it can't get any more boring..... Really, the sand is the ONLY thing that gives the Padres any kind of visual identity, other than retro days.

I am happy that they are playing well this year, but I have been disappointed by the lack of imagination they have shown with their unis/logos since they ditched the brown back in '91.

Moreover about the Padres, the color scheme of brown, light blue, and sand has been brought up on this board before, and I think that could look fantastic. However, I would like to add a N.O. Saints-like "old gold" to that as an outline color.

I think that scheme would be cool because it's a little of the old, a little new, and restores the Padres' classic color. Also, the light blue creates a city connection to the Chargers. I can envision a dark brown cap with a light blue and white interlocking "SD" with old gold trim. Could be cool..... but more than likely, they will continue to go for the "Dodgers lite" look.

I'd like to see the Red Sox ditch both sets of alts and bring back the 1975-78 red-crowned, blue-brimmed cap for the road. This would add a splash of color to the road set. I am one who believes the current road set works (baseball unis should be humble and understated, in my opinion), but the red cap would make the set that much better. Also would like to see the Pirates don the gold (or yellow) caps with the black brims from the early 1970s.

Since this is nothing but a glorified "What would MLB look like if you were in charge?" thread....

AL

Baltimore Orioles- Lose the Orioles script from the right sleeve of the road jersey and the Baltimore script from the right sleeve of the alternate jersey. Make the alternate orange with black script. Lose the O's logo.

Boston Red Sox- Go back to the 2004 set.

Chicago White Sox- Put the sox diamond logo on the left sleeve of the home jersey. Also, wear the black alternates less often, and switch to white socks with black stripes. Other then that, perfect.

Cleveland Indians- The name is fine, the logo needs to go. Go with the throwback block C. It's a little bland, but at least it's not incredibly racist.

Detroit Tigers- Standardize the Ds (I would opt for the jersey D all around), and go with a new road uniform. Home cap, grey jerseys, with DETROIT written in old English.

Kansas City Royals- They've been perfect since the redesign in 2006. Fine as they are.

Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim- Loose the "of Anaheim," put LOS ANGELES on the roads, lose the boring sleeve patch, and change the A to a LA. Stick the LA on the sleeves. Keep it all red-dominant.

Minnesota Twins- Lose the cream throwback and the sleeveless alternate. Stick the twins shacking hands logo on the left sleeve of all remaining jerseys. Lose the M cap.

New York Yankees- Standardize the NYs. I'm not sure which I would prefer get adopted all around, just pick one.

Oakland Athletics- Use the home cap all around. Keep the green alternate. Lose the black alternate.

Seattle Mariners- Bring the teal alternate back as the regular alt, lose the navy one.

Tampa Bay Rays- What they have is nothing special, but it does represent the best years the franchise has had. It's harmless enough. Fine as they are.

Texas Rangers- Use Rangers script on the home jerseys. Pick either the red or blue alternate, and lose the other one. Relegate the colour not chosen to BP status.

Toronto Blue Jays- Go back to the 1994-1996 set, the World Series look with the added blue alternate.

NL

Arizona Diamondbacks- Go back to the World Series era uniforms, only use the diamond A cap logo on the black road hats.

Atlanta Braves- Keep the current look, but go to the Milwaukee black, red, and yellow colour scheme.

Chicago Cubs- Fine as they are, if only they would wear the blue alternates sparingly. Oh, also, lose the NL patch from said alternates.

Cincinnati Reds- Go back to the 1968-1971 look.

Colorado Rockies- Loose the CR logo. Replace it with the mountain and ball from the primary. Loose the black vest/black undershirt alternate.

Florida Marlins- Go back to the 1995-2002 look.

Houston Astros- Go back to the 1995-1996 navy and gold look.

Los Angeles Dodgers- They've been perfect since the 2007 redesign. Fine as they are.

Milwaukee Brewers- Go back to the 1997-1999 design with this logo on the left sleeve.

New York Mets- Snow white uniforms with blue cap at home, greys with blue cap on the road, black alternate to be used sparingly. Loose the pinstripes.

Philadelphia Phillies- Fine as they are.

Pittsburgh Pirates- Perfect since the 2009 redesign. Fine as they are.

San Diego Padres- Go with the original 1969-1970 set.

San Fransisco Giants- Use the road sleeve patch on the home jersey as well. Make the alternate black with orange script.

St. Louis Cardinals- Fine as they are.

Washington Nationals- Loose the DC completely. Use a Nationals script for the home jersey that utilizes the same font as the road Washington. Use the red W cap home and on the road.

Sox oficially dump Sox hat

You mean in favor of a "C" or logo? Not a chance. "Sox" is traditional - aside from a 4-year blip in the late 80s they've worn one "Sox" logo or another since 1951.

I think he's talking about the Red Sox alternate hat.

You mean in favor of a "C" or logo? Not a chance. "Sox" is traditional - aside from a 4-year blip in the late 80s they've worn one "Sox" logo or another since 1951.

Correct and seeing as it has only been used twice this season, it is a safe bet that will no longer be a part of the identity anymore but, again, this is pure speculation...

Correct and seeing as it has only been used twice this season, it is a safe bet that will no longer be a part of the identity anymore but, again, this is pure speculation...

I wouldn't be too surprised if they kept them on the style sheet or whatever without wearing them just to be able to say they are on field caps so they sell more.

Chicago Cubs- Fine as they are, if only they would wear the blue alternates sparingly. Oh, also, lose the NL patch from said alternates.

You don't like the NL patch? I know I'm in the minority when I say that I really like the Cubs' blue alternate, but my favorite part of that specific jersey is the NL patch. It's unique.

330zl3b.png

You don't like the NL patch? I know I'm in the minority when I say that I really like the Cubs' blue alternate, but my favorite part of that specific jersey is the NL patch. It's unique.

I really like the Cubs' blue alternates too. I just think they wear them way to often. It's not an alternate if they're worn just as much as, or more then, the primary home and road set.

As for the NL patch, I just don't like it. It would be like the Toronto Maple Leafs adding an Eastern Conference logo to their uniforms. I just don't think those types of logos have a place on uniforms that aren't All-Star Game uniforms.

Archived