What would you like to see in MLB for 2011 season?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

Minnesota Twins- Lose the cream throwback and the sleeveless alternate. Stick the twins shacking hands logo on the left sleeve of all remaining jerseys. Lose the M cap.

Besides the shakeing hands logo, all of those have/will happen by next year. They have already nixed the sleeveless unis and haven't used the M cap yet. I love the cream throwback, but it most likely won't return next year. It is just being used this year to celebrate the Twins' 50th season.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Minnesota Twins- Lose the cream throwback and the sleeveless alternate. Stick the twins shacking hands logo on the left sleeve of all remaining jerseys. Lose the M cap.

Besides the shakeing hands logo, all of those have/will happen by next year. They have already nixed the sleeveless unis and haven't used the M cap yet. I love the cream throwback, but it most likely won't return next year. It is just being used this year to celebrate the Twins' 50th season.

Well, they haven't NIXED them persay but they haven't been worn all season. It is very similar to the Red Sox Hanging Sox hat, which has been worn TWICE...

Well, they haven't NIXED them persay but they haven't been worn all season. It is very similar to the Red Sox Hanging Sox hat, which has been worn TWICE...

True, true. Glen Perkins is making his first start since 2009, and he is notorious for wearing the sleeveless jerseys. Although the Twins are on the road, I wouldn't be surprised if Perkins wore the sleeveless unis at home if he gets another start.

Here is my opinion on what needs to happen next season in Major League Baseball:

Baltimore: Drop the O's hat and hopefully get an Orange Alternate for the Road or use it at Home

Boston: Nothing

NY Yankees: Nothing

Tampa Bay: Use the Navy Blue Alternate on the Road only and use the Columbia Blue at Home

Toronto: USE MORE BLUE and drop the Black jersey in place of a BLUE one

Chicago White Sox: Nothing

Cleveland: Use more of the "C" logo

Detroit: Nothing

Kansas City: Drop the Royal Blue jersey

Minnesota: Adopt a Red jersey (similar style to the one used in 1997) and drop the sleeveless, and cream colored throwback (which might happen anyway)

LA Angels of Anaheim: Drop the sleeveless jersey

Oakland: Drop the Black jersey

Seattle: Drop the Navy jersey in favor of a teal one and use a teal colored hat to go with it

Texas: Use the Red jersey at home and the Blue on the Road

Atlanta: Drop both alternates

Florida: Well we all know changes are coming in 2012 so nothing to bother with this one

NY Mets: Drop EVERYTHING with Black and use more Orange

Philadelphia: Nothing

Washington: As much as I like the Blue Stars and Stripes jersey, drop that

Chicago Cubs: Nothing

Cincinnati: Nothing

Houston: Pick one of the Brick jerseys

Milwaukee: Drop the throwback

Pittsburgh: IMO, this entire uniform package is still a mess

St. Louis: Nothing

Arizona: Nothing (As a fan of Arizona, as well as Boston, I see nothing wrong with this uniform package)

Colorado: Drop the Black sleeveless

LA Dodgers: Nothing

San Diego: Hopefully get a brand new identity package

San Francisco: It was a nice attempt, but drop the Orange alternate BUT keep the hat

As far as design of the Reds uniforms go, I wish they would take the striping from their road uniforms and use it in the same fashion in their home uniforms. The road uni striping resembles the striping they wore in their hey-day and the home uniforms use piping in a fashion that the team has never used before. The Reds would look more like the Reds if they used the red-white-red striping on the home sleeves and pants, plus it would be unique to baseball.

I also wish the Reds would stop wearing the red jerseys for all home day games and go back to wearing them only on sunday day games. And they could lose the black billed hat on the road at any time.

PvO6ZWJ.png

As for the NL patch, I just don't like it. It would be like the Toronto Maple Leafs adding an Eastern Conference logo to their uniforms. I just don't think those types of logos have a place on uniforms that aren't All-Star Game uniforms.

Not quite. I get it as a way to honor the fact that they've been The Chicago National League Base Ball Club since 1876 or so, but I don't know why it's on the trendy new blue alternates next to Scavenging Bear. If you're going to show off that you're the oldest member of the oldest American sports league, do it on the traditional white and/or grey uniforms. A closer equivalent for the Leafs might be to have an old NHL logo that says "Est. 1917" or something.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

As for the NL patch, I just don't like it. It would be like the Toronto Maple Leafs adding an Eastern Conference logo to their uniforms. I just don't think those types of logos have a place on uniforms that aren't All-Star Game uniforms.

Not quite. I get it as a way to honor the fact that they've been The Chicago National League Base Ball Club since 1876 or so, but I don't know why it's on the trendy new blue alternates next to Scavenging Bear. If you're going to show off that you're the oldest member of the oldest American sports league, do it on the traditional white and/or grey uniforms. A closer equivalent for the Leafs might be to have an old NHL logo that says "Est. 1917" or something.

I don't mind the NL patch; I just think the AL should have its equivalent, ya know? I'd recommend one of the original 8 wearing it:

Baltimore Orioles (New York Yankees)

Boston Americans (Boston Red Sox)

Chicago White Stockings (Chicago White Sox)

Cleveland Blues (Cleveland Indians)

Detroit Tigers

Milwaukee Brewers (Baltimore Orioles)

Philadelphia Athletics (Oakland Athletics)

Washington Senators (Minnesota Twins)

In my view, the Detroit Tigers deserve the honor of wearing an AL patch. They've never had the NL in their city. They've stayed in Detroit (never moved), stayed in the league, team name has stayed. Why not? Detroit has classy unis anyway.

what a shame. Those cream jerseys (whether it's SF, Min, NYM, Cleve., Phila.) are all sweet. These might not all be cream, but they all have that variation.

Here's what I would like to see.

NL EAST:

Florida Marlins: No changes until 2012, when they move into their new stadium.

Atlanta Braves: No changes.

Washington Nationals: No changes.

Philadelphia Phillies: Blue Alt. for the Road, matched w/ their Blue/Red caps. Possibly a touch up on Road Uniform.

New York Mets: Eliminate All Black cap, black dropshadows on Home Unis only, two tone helmet, revert to helmet that matches black/blue cap. Use for Road only.

NL CENTRAL:

Pittsburgh Pirates: No major changes, except for maybe have a yellow bill/button on alt cap.

Cincinnati Reds: Introduce a modernized version of their 1975 style uniforms.

Chicago Cubs: Only change would be a Blue Road Alt, based on their regular Road uni.

Milwaukee Brewers: No changes.

St. Louis Cardinals: A Road Alt. based on one of their old BP jerseys, with the navy piping (circa 1999).

Houston Astros: No changes, but reduce usage of Alt. uniform on the road.

NL WEST:

Colorado Rockies: Regular Home and Road Uniforms stay the same. Home Alt would be similar to the one they wore in 1993. Road Alt would be the Purple Alt. with Colorado on it. Eliminate all purple cap and black vest alt.

Arizona Diamondbacks: Revert to the Purple, Black, Copper, and Teal color scheme, but using current designs.

Los Angeles Dodgers: Add a alternate similar to one of their old BP jerseys, around the time when they had Mike Piazza and Hideo Nomo.

San Diego Padres: Start over, but maybe keeping their current caps.

San Francisco Giants: No changes.

AL EAST:

Tampa Bay Rays: No changes.

Baltimore Orioles: Orange road alternate, with Baltimore script.

New York Yankees: Road Alternate, Road only because the road uniform isn't as sacred as their pinstripe uniform.

Boston Red Sox: NO changes.

Toronto Blue Jays: Add more blue.

AL CENTRAL:

Cleveland Indians: No changes.

Detroit Tigers: Modernized road uniform of their 1984 uniform. Home uniform stays the same. Add a road alternate uniform, navy in color and using the navy/orange cap they had with the tiger on it.

Chicago White Sox: No changes.

Minnesota Twins: Incorporate the M cap more often.

Kansas City Royals: No changes.

AL WEST:

Texas Rangers: Revert to Rangers script for all home unis, like the one when Nolan Ryan played for them.

Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim: Add a navy alternate with navy/red cap.

Oakland Athletics: Keep Home as they are, for green pinstripes for road uniforms, same script.

Seattle Mariners: Reinstate the caps with the teal bill/helmet for home games.

It's gotta be Brown/Orange/Sandy-gold for the Pads...with their history of wearing brown, it only makes sense. They can keep the Army Green/Camo look as alternates.

Other hunches:

Astros could make some big changes. Even adding orange by replacing sand is a huge step forward.

Angels could be using a navy/red hat with current logo.

Marlins may swap out teal for orange next year, but that's not saying much, with as much black as they wear.

Nationals could introduce a white crowned, red billed, alt. hat with a blue curly "W" logo.

Nationals are doing a complete uniform overhaul.

I'd like to see the Red Sox ditch both sets of alts and bring back the 1975-78 red-crowned, blue-brimmed cap for the road. This would add a splash of color to the road set. I am one who believes the current road set works (baseball unis should be humble and understated, in my opinion), but the red cap would make the set that much better. Also would like to see the Pirates don the gold (or yellow) caps with the black brims from the early 1970s.

The only thing I see so far for the Red Sox is that they are putting names on their BP Jerseys.

What I'd like to see:

• The Pardes go brown, gold, and orange
  • Oakland get a gold alternate while ditching the black one
  • Toronto go back to red, white, and blue
  • Pittsburgh get a gold alternate jersey and cap
  • The Mariners bring back the teal-billed caps and helmets and the alternate teal cap and jersey. Also, get rid of the current blue alternate and bring back the one that read Seattle

As it seems everybody already knows, San Diego is making some changes. So are the Pirates.

Originally posted by me in the graveyarded thread about this same topic. Just ideas and guesses based off what kinds of things change each year.

"All random speculation:

-Orioles introduce Black alt cap featuring their circular Maryland Flag logo.

-Indians go full time to their block C cap, in another step toward phasing out the Chief.

-A's drop their entire Black uniform set(did they already do that?) and replace it with a retro Yellow alt.

-Mariners bring back the Teal alts, this time vests with Navy sleeves.

-Diamondbacks change number color on home & road jerseys from Black to Red.

-Giants remove road script and replace it with 'SF' logo on left chest, Black outlined in Orange."

Cleveland is listed as getting new uniform lettering and an alternate cap....you might not be far off.

Originally posted by me in the graveyarded thread about this same topic. Just ideas and guesses based off what kinds of things change each year.

"All random speculation:

-Orioles introduce Black alt cap featuring their circular Maryland Flag logo.

-Indians go full time to their block C cap, in another step toward phasing out the Chief.

-A's drop their entire Black uniform set(did they already do that?) and replace it with a retro Yellow alt.

-Mariners bring back the Teal alts, this time vests with Navy sleeves.

-Diamondbacks change number color on home & road jerseys from Black to Red.

-Giants remove road script and replace it with 'SF' logo on left chest, Black outlined in Orange."

Cleveland is listed as getting new uniform lettering and an alternate cap....you might not be far off.

Whoa, whoa, whoa - what?

6fQjS3M.png

That explanation seems so obvious, but it never really crossed my mind. Fair enough then.

Bring back the distinct AL and NL caps for the umpires.

Agreed. Actually I'm all for further separation of the leagues.

This is what I'd do. I'd say that alternate jerseys could only be worn on Wednesdays by the road teams and on Saturdays by the home team. There would be two days a year where teams would wear throwbacks against opposing teams who can match that decade throwback. So you wouldn't have a 1931 Indians vs. Tampa Bay. It'd have to be 1931 Indians vs. 1931 White Sox. This would be done on Memorial Day and 4th of July.

Baltimore: Drop the O's cap and the black jersey with orange numbers. Go to an orange alt like in the 70's and 80's. Keep the orange bill at home and black on the road and do the same with the Orioles script, name and numbers.

Boston: Go back to the red numbers, name, and Boston on the road jersey. Maybe even add the red cap with blue bill on the road with a matching helmet.

NY Yankees: Nothing

Tampa Bay: Go back to the green and blue.

Toronto: Go back to the 80's through early 90's look.

Chicago White Sox: Nothing

Cleveland: Clean up the piping and keep it consistent like one blue stripe on both the home sleeve, plackett, and pant stripe

Detroit: Get rid of the white outline on the road jersey.

Kansas City: Go back to the 80's style jerseys and add the blue jersey from the 90's.

Minnesota: Make up their mind what they want to look like. Either go back to the early Twins years of the 60's or go back to what you had last year. Drop the alts altogether.

LA Angels of Anaheim: Ditch the red jersey and add the navy blue cap and red cleats like in the 80's.

Oakland: Drop the Black jersey

Seattle: Drop the Navy jersey in favor of a teal one and use a teal colored hat and helmet.

Texas: Go back to the mid 80's look (Script Rangers, block fonts) with the thick blue stripe on the pants and the alternate red, blue, and white jerseys. Add Texas in script on the road jerseys. Maybe add grey uni's with script Texas.

Atlanta: Go back to mid 90's look. No alts and red billed cap and helmet on the road.

Florida: Go back the expansion look including matching helmets. No black helmets on the road. No black caps.

NY Mets: Kill the Black.

Philadelphia: Maroon Phillies look with or without the powder blue uniforms on the road.

Washington: Ditch the beveled look and go with a script look. Ditch the DC.

Chicago Cubs: Do something with the road uniforms.

Cincinnati: Go back to the Big Red Machine uniforms.

Houston: Drop the red alternates.

Milwaukee: Make a choice, throwbacks or current look.

Pittsburgh: Drop the black with white outlines.

St. Louis: Nothing

Arizona: Go back to the original colors and look and just use the "A", ditch the "D".

Colorado: Drop the Black sleeveless

LA Dodgers: Drop the "LA" on the home and the "Dodgers" on the road on the sleeves. We know who they are.

San Diego: Something. Maybe go back to the early 90's brown and orange pinstripes.

San Francisco: Black alt with white numbers and names and the "San Francisco" scripts outlined in orange and gold dropshadows.

Here is my opinion on what needs to happen next season in Major League Baseball:

Tampa Bay: Use the Navy Blue Alternate on the Road only and use the Columbia Blue at Home

That's pretty much the case, except for the occasional home day game thats not a Sunday, when the navy is worn at home.

Archived