Brett Favre To Return to Vikings

Punch

He never said he was retiring, he apparently just said he will not be a Viking next season. So, enter the 2010 season AFC East champions, the Buffalo Bills!!

After getting intercepted in the AFC Championship game, he will retire from the NFL and lead the Las Vegas Locos to 3 straight UFL Championships

Actually, he informed many of his teammates that he would be retiring. And if he were to come back, he would undoubtedly stay with the Vikings.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why can't he just come out and say he's retiring from training camp? Because this bull :censored: is just another pathetic attempt to avoid practicing with his team. I'll be looking forward to seeing him fail and throw pick sixes in Buffalo, Jacksonville, or any other team desperate enough to pay him.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

And now enter Tarvaris Jackson....

The Minnesota Vikings just went from 12-4 to 4-12.

I don't think they will suck that bad. I think they will contend until the last few weeks, ending the season in the most painful downslide in NFL history, causing greater pain to Vikings fans than if they were to have a 4-12 year. They end up finishing 9-7, missing the playoffs by a game behind the............... Green Bay Packers.

Oh, lawwwrd!

You know what...IF the Favreness remains dormant, I for one will then turn into THE BIGGEST Tarvaris Jackson fan out there--not that I already wasn't to begin with. How quick some people forget this guy actually did some good things for the Vikings...went 8-4 as a starter in 2007, sure he got benched in the first part of '08, but then came back to fill in for Gus Frerotte after he got injured and lead the Vikes to victory three out of the last four games of the '08 season. (Of course, all that got blocked out once the Favreness descended upon the land of the Vikings to claim its purple reign.) Now, to be perfectly clear, I ain't saying he's the best thing since sliced bread, but he's also not the bum many make him out to be--the Vikings weren't secretly spying on this guy during his senior season at Alabama State only to then end up taking him in the second round of the '06 draft for nothing.

I, for one, hope like hell Tarvaris not only does well this year, but lights it up. Far-fetched, I know...but if no one else, he has at least one supporter right here.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || BehanceΒ ||

Tarvaris Jackson, Matt Ryan, Matt Moore, and Josh Freeman are extremely overrated, while Drew Brees is extremely underrated.

I wasn't even going to respond to this but it angered me so much that I have to.

How can you overrate Jackson, Moore and Freeman when none have been a full-time starter.

Β 

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Β 

Tarvaris Jackson, Matt Ryan, Matt Moore, and Josh Freeman are extremely overrated, while Drew Brees is extremely underrated.

What.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Family source says Favre has made no decision.

I call BS, Somebody got bored and wanted to make up a story just because Favre has done this every summer for the last three years.

Β 

Β 

I heard Peter King say this on radio, but he now has put in print.

From the story:

"On July 28, 2009, he told Brad Childress he wouldn't be playing for the Vikings and would stay retired. He told me that night that a simple workout with the high school kids in southern Mississippi left him feeling like he felt he'd just played a game. "I thought I could make it through the season, though I wouldn't be 100 percent,'' he said that night.

This year, six days later but still at the dawn of Vikings training camp, he tells mates he won't be playing. As an acquaintance of Childress told me this afternoon: "The only strange thing about this is he's been talking to Brad all along, a lot. And now he tells other people but not Brad? I don't get that.''

Even if he does tell Childress it's over sometime today, let me raise the October possibility. Even if Favre absolutely, positively believes he's done, he's going to continue to be active. He'll work on the property. He might even throw the ball with the Oak Grove High team down the street. If his ankle starts to come around, think of this possibility: Favre returning to the Vikings after their very convenient Week 4 bye on the weekend of Oct. 3; riding in on his tractor and giving Minnesota the best chance to survive a hellish month that could determine whether the Vikings are contenders or pretenders."

Not that I've had a chance to tune into 'The Leader' since news of the O Holy One broke, but I can surely believe that they've once again converted back to...

espn4.gif

This Favre thing is unbelievable. I have Sirius/XM Radio. On my way to and from work today, with the exception on the MLB channel (they were carrying a live game) every sports station on the satellite was talking about Favre; including Sirius-NASCAR radio. Even better? The host on each station, with the exception of Sirius-NASCAR, said some variation of "We know you're all sick of hearing about Brett Favre and we're sick of talking about him." Better yet? None of them, with the exception of Sirius-NASCAR, at any point stopped talking about Favre. Best of all, one radio network, I'll give you one guess who it was, (*cough...see Curty's picture...cough*) actually preempted "regular programming" for a "special edition" of their signature show so they could focus on the Favre story.

Here's my question. They all know we're sick of hearing about Favre. They all claim to be sick of talking about Favre. If that's really the case then why not relegate the Favre story to the scores and updates portions of their shows and not waste hour upon hour talking about it? I know that's a lot to ask of ESPN but you'd think the rest of the sports radio universe would know that all they're doing is driving people crazy. God help me, I actually listened to Jackie Martling's "Joke Hunt" just so I could escape the "Favre Fellatio Fest."

I had another thought on this. At first glance, Favre's annual retirement makes him look like an egomaniac. What if he just gets a kick out of making ESPN look stupid every season? What if it's all just Favre :censored:-ing with the media for kicks? That I could respect.

Β 

BB52Big.jpg

Β 

Β 

Β 

Not that I've had a chance to tune into 'The Leader' since news of the O Holy One broke, but I can surely believe that they've once again converted back to...

espn4.gif

This Favre thing is unbelievable. I have Sirius/XM Radio. On my way to and from work today, with the exception on the MLB channel (they were carrying a live game) every sports station on the satellite was talking about Favre; including Sirius-NASCAR radio. Even better? The host on each station, with the exception of Sirius-NASCAR, said some variation of "We know you're all sick of hearing about Brett Favre and we're sick of talking about him." Better yet? None of them, with the exception of Sirius-NASCAR, at any point stopped talking about Favre. Best of all, one radio network, I'll give you one guess who it was, (*cough...see Curty's picture...cough*) actually preempted "regular programming" for a "special edition" of their signature show so they could focus on the Favre story.

Here's my question. They all know we're sick of hearing about Favre. They all claim to be sick of talking about Favre. If that's really the case then why not relegate the Favre story to the scores and updates portions of their shows and not waste hour upon hour talking about it? I know that's a lot to ask of ESPN but you'd think the rest of the sports radio universe would know that all they're doing is driving people crazy. God help me, I actually listened to Jackie Martling's "Joke Hunt" just so I could escape the "Favre Fellatio Fest."

I had another thought on this. At first glance, Favre's annual retirement makes him look like an egomaniac. What if he just gets a kick out of making ESPN look stupid every season? What if it's all just Favre :censored:-ing with the media for kicks? That I could respect.

My thoughts exactly. ESPN, Steve Wyche, Minneapolis Star-Tribune just love firing this shi* up.

Β 

Β 

I'm getting really tired of Favre dedicating ESPN to himself in early August every year. I mean, we're not talking about the first time he unretired, we're talking about the millionth time, from all the years he spent dicking the Packers around in the offseason, to the year he came back to the Jets, to last year joining the Vikings, to this year's newest debacle. When will the day come when ESPN says "enough is enough, we're not going to let you shut us down anymore with your pathetic pleas for attention"?

xLmjWVv.png

I'm getting really tired of Favre dedicating ESPN to himself in early August every year. I mean, we're not talking about the first time he unretired, we're talking about the millionth time, from all the years he spent dicking the Packers around in the offseason, to the year he came back to the Jets, to last year joining the Vikings, to this year's newest debacle. When will the day come when ESPN says "enough is enough, we're not going to let you shut us down anymore with your pathetic pleas for attention"?

That's some funny :censored:. You are joking right?

Β 

BB52Big.jpg

Β 

Β 

Β 

Yeah, true, ESPN has basically hopped into bed with a select number of athletes. Favre, LeBron, A-Roid, Tiger, Peyton - they can all basically shut down the network at will. Never mind.

On a side note, does anybody else find it sickening that ESPN has started cutting away from their baseball games to show A-Roid's at-bats in the hopes that he'll finally hit #600*?

xLmjWVv.png

Yeah, true, ESPN has basically hopped into bed with a select number of athletes. Favre, LeBron, A-Roid, Tiger, Peyton - they can all basically shut down the network at will. Never mind.

On a side note, does anybody else find it sickening that ESPN has started cutting away from their baseball games to show A-Roid's at-bats in the hopes that he'll finally hit #600*?

Right now ESPN is stuck on two things that no one but ESPN gives a flying :censored: about; A-Rod's 600th and Brett Favre. In other words, it's a typical day in Bristol.

Β 

BB52Big.jpg

Β 

Β 

Β 

Archived