Brett Favre To Return to Vikings

Punch

According to Favre, he hasn't decided to retire at all this year. He made a statement saying that if he was physically healthy enough to play, he would. Granted, he's still stringing the media along ensuring we'll never hear the end of him--- but this year, he actually hasn't uttered the word "retire." Personally, I think it's a bit late to be "deciding" whether or not you'll play in 2010, but hey, anything to skip those pesky training sessions, right?

SIGNATURE.png

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The funny thing to me is that Brat is actually a holdout right now, and no one has said a word about it. Like him, love him, hate him or whatever, the guy is actually under contract, but not in camp. So, I fully expect to hear fatmouths like Mike Golic and Mark Schlereth, and the other mouthbreathers to start criticizing Brat like the other training camp holdouts.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

The funny thing to me is that Brat is actually a holdout right now, and no one has said a word about it. Like him, love him, hate him or whatever, the guy is actually under contract, but not in camp. So, I fully expect to hear fatmouths like Mike Golic and Mark Schlereth, and the other mouthbreathers to start criticizing Brat like the other training camp holdouts.

Well isn't the second year an option year? Doesn't it have a clause in it stating he's welcome back if he wants for the second year.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

According to Favre, he hasn't decided to retire at all this year. He made a statement saying that if he was physically healthy enough to play, he would. Granted, he's still stringing the media along ensuring we'll never hear the end of him--- but this year, he actually hasn't uttered the word "retire." Personally, I think it's a bit late to be "deciding" whether or not you'll play in 2010, but hey, anything to skip those pesky training sessions, right?

He made the decision to come back in late August last year, so it isn't late by his standards. IMO, he is just holding out of announcing his comeback just so he can skip training camp.

He made the decision to come back in late August last year, so it isn't late by his standards. IMO, he is just holding out of announcing his comeback just so he can skip training camp.

This song and dance is for precisely that very reason.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

If everyone is so upset about Brett Favre's antics then they should just buy ESPN and put all this talk to bed. The way some act so outraged by what a pay cable channel does absolutely blows my mind. It's to the point where it actually makes the people who bitch about What they see on TMZ or read in the Enqirer look sane. Just stop it already and enjoy that it's almost football season. It's like many fans have turned into wives....

Ignoring ESPN isn't nearly as effective as it should be when every other sports media outlet also breathlessly covers the story.

CNN spent a segment of one of their shows on Favre. It's freaking everywhere.

Because the public is eating it up.

I came into my office today and three of my co-workers were having a heated argument about him. And they're all Giants fans.

We may be sick of it, but the general public isn't. Or they are but love to complain about it and can't turn away. In either case, the blame lies not with the media.

If everyone is so upset about Brett Favre's antics then they should just buy ESPN and put all this talk to bed. The way some act so outraged by what a pay cable channel does absolutely blows my mind. It's to the point where it actually makes the people who bitch about What they see on TMZ or read in the Enqirer look sane. Just stop it already and enjoy that it's almost football season. It's like many fans have turned into wives....

Ignoring ESPN isn't nearly as effective as it should be when every other sports media outlet also breathlessly covers the story.

I came into my office today and three of my co-workers were having a heated argument about him. And they're all Giants fans.

We may be sick of it, but the general public isn't. Or they are but love to complain about it and can't turn away. In either case, the blame lies not with the media.

Or it could be that by and large the American populace lacks the ability to differentiate between "news" and "non-news" and will therefore have heated, impassioned discussions about whatever is on the television.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Well isn't the second year an option year? Doesn't it have a clause in it stating he's welcome back if he wants for the second year.

no if i remember right it was a 2 year contract..

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

Or it could be that by and large the American populace lacks the ability to differentiate between "news" and "non-news" and will therefore have heated, impassioned discussions about whatever is on the television.

I know it's usually pretty safe to underestimate the intelligence of the American public, but come now.

The media has tried to push A-Rod's 600th homer, but that hasn't found any real traction. People aren't always unthinking recepticles for programming - there's a reason the Favre story continues to lead, and it isn't just ESPN looking for an angle.

A-Rod had the misfortune/fortune to hit 599 whilst we were still coping with BP. One crisis at a time please.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

no if i remember right it was a 2 year contract..

Nothing I saw said anything about an option, it was always listed as either a 2-year, $25 million contract or a 2-year deal with terms withheld.

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, so Brat decided to end his holdout. Good for him. Hopefully, the other holdouts will get resolved soon, too.

He could be telling Minnesota in person he's not playing. For the lolz and all that.

Awww....who am I kidding?

BRETT FAVRE!!!! BRETT FAVRE!!!! BRETT FAVRE!!!! BRETT FAVRE!!!!

Today, we are all otaku.

Love how Jared Allen, Hutch and his old friend Ryan Longwell headed down to Hattiesburg.

Glad he's back, now the Packers can beat the Vikes with Favre in attendance.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

This just in: Brett Favre's plane has officially landed in Minnesota!!!

And yeah, what New Era said, but with the Bears

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Archived