Brett Favre To Return to Vikings

Punch

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This just in: Brett Favre's plane has officially landed in Minnesota!!!

And yeah, what New Era said, but with the Bears

I don't know... I'd probably root for the interception-prone douche in purple over the interception-prone douche in navy blue in that scenario. And I can't :censored:ing STAND Favre.

I live in a house full of Viking fans, Somehow I fell through the cracks and became a Packer fan due to Brett. I still love the guy and an NFL season would never be the same without #4 in Green or Purple.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I live in a house full of Viking fans, Somehow I fell through the cracks and became a Packer fan due to Brett. I still love the guy and an NFL season would never be the same without #4 in Green or Purple.

You ain't kidding on that one, that's for damn sure.

Finally, he's decided to do what we've all seen coming. Maybe now, after a few days ESPN will stop talking about it! At least, until the 2011 season is about to start and it all begins again.

If the 2011 season ever does start, of course.

Actually a work stoppage that wipes out the 2011 season, or even a significant part of it, would not necessarily be Favre's cue to finally call it quits for good. I can see him taking the opportunity to rest and heal up, and by the time the 2012 season arrives he could be in better shape to start a season than he has been in years. He might even be willing to actually take part in 2012 training camp, just to shake the rust off.

Of course, by the time that happens, Favre could well be playing not for the Vikings, but for the Los Angeles Something-or-Others. (Lost in all the Favre-mania is the small but not insignificant possibility that 2010 could be the Vikings' last season in Minnesota, as their Metrodome Mall of America Field lease runs out after the possibly locked-out 2011 season.)

CCSLC signature.png

Finally, he's decided to do what we've all seen coming. Maybe now, after a few days ESPN will stop talking about it! At least, until the 2011 season is about to start and it all begins again.

If the 2011 season ever does start, of course.

I can just imagine the headlines if the NFL has a work stoppage at the start of next season:

"Brett Favre Actually Outlasts NFL"

"NFL Retires From Brett Favre"

FYI - I changed the topic title to better reflect the current situation. :D

This news of Favre coming back is very exciting, and also very expected. Now I am more confident in the Vikings beating New Orleans in Week One. It will still be tough, even with King Comeback.

FYI - I changed the topic title to better reflect the current situation. :D

This news of Favre coming back is very exciting, and also very expected. Now I am more confident in the Vikings beating New Orleans in Week One. It will still be tough, even with King Comeback.

Perhaps. But you should also consider the possibility that he'll end up like he did after the NFC Championship game, the difference being what's up next is not the whole offseason to heal but 10 days until Miami comes to town and then 14 more games after that. Good luck if that happens.

As for the Saints losing to Minnesota, it would be mildly disappointing but that's about it given the difference between what was on the line last time vs. this time.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

So basically this is like ABC Family airing "A Year Without a Santa Claus" 3 times in December, because with ABC Family the first one's played the beginning of the month, the second airing is coupled with the Miser Brothers special, and the third is Christmas Eve, right? Cause in that Santa says he's taking the year off but he always comes back right at the last second.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

So basically this is like ABC Family airing "A Year Without a Santa Claus" 3 times in December, because with ABC Family the first one's played the beginning of the month, the second airing is coupled with the Miser Brothers special, and the third is Christmas Eve, right? Cause in that Santa says he's taking the year off but he always comes back right at the last second.

You are right

heatmiser.jpg = chris_mortensen_x200.jpg

snowmiser.jpg = john_clayton.jpg

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I am a Brett Favre fan, even though I'm a Cowboys fan. I wish he never left Green Bay personally (he still only looks right in a Packer uniform), and I wish he didn't come back this year, but that's only because the Vikings are damn good with him and they're a tough team that the Cowboys will be probably have to go through if they want to win a title.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I am a Brett Favre fan, even though I'm a Cowboys fan. I wish he never left Green Bay personally (he still only looks right in a Packer uniform), and I wish he didn't come back this year, but that's only because the Vikings are damn good with him and they're a tough team that the Cowboys will be probably have to go through if they want to win a title.

the cowboys never had a problem beating him when he was in green bay. seem to remember them owning the packers for a good part of the early 90's.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

True enough - Favre never won a game at Cowboys Stadium.

For me, the crowning glory on the pile of endless Texas Stadium Fail will always be that Thanksgiving game, when the Pack got their carcasses stuffed by Jason Effing Garrett. Oy.

To say I was pleased when the Panthers beat the Cowboys in the divisional round in '96-'97 would be quite the understatement.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived