Favorite Facemasks in Football

neo_prankster

I wish I could find a pic of Bryan Barker's broken nose as to why you don't wear something that doesn't cover your face.

I've always liked this one. It's like a Dickerson for lineman. I wore the Rev style of it in HS.

egjop.gif

This is my favorite one. I have a Birmingham Steeldog helmet replica I bought with that facemask

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never really paid attention to facemask designs, but Marion Barber's drives me nuts. It seems almost too small and close to his face or something:

hair-marion-barber.jpg

One cool one:

brian-dawkins.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I never really paid attention to facemask designs, but Marion Barber's drives me nuts. It seems almost too small and close to his face or something:

hair-marion-barber.jpg

We had a whole thread on that subject some time ago. Steven Jackson's is the same...

steven.jpg

...and it's more of a helmet thing but I always wondered how Aaron Brooks could see his own offensive lineman much less downfield. :D

2133224.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

This is what I wore back in the day. Not sure what the point of the hoop was - it didn't really offer much additional protection, and looked kinda goofy. I'd rather have the one without it, but it was free.

VSR-4%20FACEMASK%20Z-LTDU-100x100.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

hair-marion-barber.jpg

We had a whole thread on that subject some time ago. Steven Jackson's is the same...

steven.jpg

The dreadlocks make the helmet sit differently on the head. I don't believe that helmets were designed to be worn with dreadlocks.

Much like the batting helmets for girls that have a hole in the back for the ponytail-style hair. It makes the helmet sit correctly on the head.

• 2 weeks later...

I love this beauty that Charlie Smith wore in Super Bowl XV.

CharlieSmith.jpg

I'm glad someone found that old SI photo. I saw the Eagles that season (a loss to the StL Cardinals which was their only loss in their 1st 12 games of the season) and do NOT remember Smith having that mask at the time. But there it was on Super Bowl Sunday in all of its bizarre glory.

• 4 weeks later...

I like that Vader mask.

That one I like only because it didn't have as many bars as LT's Vader mask in his last couple seasons in SD:

pg2_a_tomlinson_300.jpg

1237593130_e30a515bb4_m.jpg

ladainian-tomlinson_iconphotostwo111192-nfl-oct-19-char.jpg

^^Two slightly different Tomlinson facemasks.

My favorite facemask has to be when Sean Taylor taped up his:

taylorcloseup.jpg

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Nothing like the EGOP facemask....used by Deion and the CB´s classic

D.%20Sanders%20Cowboys%2016x20.JPG

orig_DNA_EGOP_1.jpg

By the way...im new in the forum, long time reader but only now i sign up.

If you note a bad english level, im from a country call Costa Rica.

So im glad to be here :D

dragonssignature.gif

Im from Costa Rica...so i dont have a huge english level...understand me

:rolleyes:

Welcome :flagcanada:

I just had to bump this up because this custom facemask is just insane (From UniWatch)

4977654450_ae4cb8b2be_o.png

that's Harry Swayne in '94

That thing would be right at home in the thunderdome.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Welcome :flagcanada:

I just had to bump this up because this custom facemask is just insane (From UniWatch)

4977654450_ae4cb8b2be_o.png

that's Harry Swayne in '94

That thing would be right at home in the thunderdome.

I swear I saw someone with a facemask like that on tv this past weekend. I can't remember which team, but I think it was in the NFL, and I think whoever it was had a few less than Swayne, but it still looked ridiculous! haha

Archived