Worst College Logos

KJHillis

While I like Clemson's paw and the orange and purple scheme is unique, the little indent on the bottom of the paw annoys me to the point where I cannot stand it. Why don't they just fix it? Is there a reason?

probably to make it look different from the 3,469 elementary schools, middle schools, high schools and other colleges who use a generic paw print to represent any number of predatory cats (or bears, wolves, coyotes, etc.)

Leggmman is correct. The "hook" at the bottom of the paw was a printer's mistake that the school uses to show it is an "official" logo. It also helps differentiate and prove another school stole their logo completely.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I like Clemson's paw and the orange and purple scheme is unique, the little indent on the bottom of the paw annoys me to the point where I cannot stand it. Why don't they just fix it? Is there a reason?

probably to make it look different from the 3,469 elementary schools, middle schools, high schools and other colleges who use a generic paw print to represent any number of predatory cats (or bears, wolves, coyotes, etc.)

Leggmman is correct. The "hook" at the bottom of the paw was a printer's mistake that the school uses to show it is an "official" logo. It also helps differentiate and prove another school stole their logo completely.

the Clemson paw was actually taken from an imprint of a real tiger paw

300px-CarolinaColiseum.jpg

Good info, guys. Thanks. Still find the hook incredibly annoying, but I appreciate why school kept it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

All bias aside, I love the Penn State logo :P . I really like the Kansas State one too.

As someone said earlier, the beauty of simple college logos is that they can be so easily replicated by anyone, even a child after their first big football game. Save the fancy logos for the pros.

I dislike these:

4241705615_7a6501cfe9.jpg

I'd like to throw in BYU and Pitt as well.

C'mon! 21 is not even real!

ChaBobcats-SquareSig.pngBlueJaysSquareSig.png

DashSquareSig.png

All bias aside, I love the Penn State logo :P . I really like the Kansas State one too.

As someone said earlier, the beauty of simple college logos is that they can be so easily replicated by anyone, even a child after their first big football game. Save the fancy logos for the pros.

I dislike these:

4241705615_7a6501cfe9.jpg

I'd like to throw in BYU and Pitt as well.

C'mon! 21 is not even real!

It's incorrect there, but I get what he's talking about.

Archived