Bmac

NFL Uniform Concepts

Football season is fast approaching, and I am in the mood for some football concepts. I've done just two football concepts ever, and I am still learning how to make uniforms on Inkscape, so help me out here if this needs work.

Pittsburgh Steelers

I love the Steelers' current throwback alternate, but the home and road jerseys are classic. The objective here is simply to combine the looks into an acceptable set. I know the black helmets are loved by many, but I decided to go with gold here. I think it looks better and balances the color more. The striping design is simple, combining the two eras. I went back to gold block numbers, and added a white stripe to the pants to keep the colors balanced. I kept the logo on the front of the jersey, and the helmet is still supposed to have the decal on just one side.

steelershome.png

steelersroad.png

C+C is much appreciated. I would love to know what I am doing right or wrong here.

**Update post #11**

I usually like matching stripe patterns, but here the different stripes kind of work. i don't like the Steelrs but I really like this design. The only thing I would change is the away sleeves. I would make them white. I've always really liked the look of yellow helmet, white jersey, yellow pants too

i already know there will be a load of complaints on the stripes but i really like what you've done here. maybe give the logo a different color treatment? at least replace the grey with black on the outline. i like the number font, but id like to see the current Steelers font too.

i like how ou put the reebok logo above the NOB, i do that on my concepts too :)

the away jersey looks super nike pro combat. I like the yellow helmet, but its kind of the Packers thing

I think it looks really good Bmac, I personally like the gold helmets better then the black too so I really can't see anything wrong with this concept haha.

I'm a super-crazy purist when it comes to the steelers. I like the striping on the jerseys and think the sleeves complement them nicely, but I just cannot live with the helmet. Have any of you ever seen that gold helmet in person? If you have you know it is one of the ugliest-looking things ever. The black is an absolute classic and isn't replaceable in my mind. I feel like it's something that would look decent as an alternate, but I would never want to see it as a primary....ever. That is just because I'm a purist, not because I don't like the design though.

I can really imagine the Steelers wearing these uniforms right about now. Impressive concept!

Love those road jerseys. It keeps the concept of the current uniforms while updating the design. The homes are good too, though I would prefer white numbers. I also love that you put a black-white-black stripe on the pants. I hate that giant black stripe they have on their current uniforms. And I'd love to see this design paired with the black helmets.

Here is an update.

steelershome1.png

steelersroad1.png

And with black helmets:

steelershome2.png

steelersroad2.png

THIS..

steelersalt.png

...is your winner. I'd scrap the other two and make this your home. Just replace silver with gold, and make the helmet black (along with fixing the stripe to mimic the rest).

I love them!

The yellow helmets are a favorite of mine, and I think you did a really good job combining past and present.

Nice work.

Black helmets work best and the alts are very nice. The first version has way too much athletic gold yellow.

I figured I would put my ideas together for another AFC North team...

Cleveland Browns

The Browns have a nice look currently, so I didn't want to change too much. I wanted to make sure all of the striping was consistent, and that the colors were well balanced. The helmets now have numbers on them, and the alternate =B= logo is used more. For the alternate, I wanted to go simple and basic.

brownshome.png

brownsroad.png

brownsalt.png

I know I didn't change much here, but I want to know what you think.

While I usually prefer tradition when it comes to NFL unis, I really like the Steelers silver uni, but not as much as the Browns helmets with the player number...I remember they wore these a few years back (07 I think) and they looked great.

i like the helmet numbers but i think theyd look better white. also i get what youre doing with the long sleeve stripes, but i think if you did like a throwback you could take of the jersey stripes and put them on the long sleeves like they did when jim brown was there. of course all jerseys were long-sleeved back in the day