NFL Uniform Concepts

Bmac

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i like the helmet numbers but i think theyd look better white. also i get what youre doing with the long sleeve stripes, but i think if you did like a throwback you could take of the jersey stripes and put them on the long sleeves like they did when jim brown was there. of course all jerseys were long-sleeved back in the day

I had thought about that and tried a couple of ideas, but most players these days don't wear long sleeved shirts under their pads and jerseys. Quite a few do, but the idea wouldn't work for the ones that don't. Thanks for the input.

I'm glad everyone likes the Steelers alt, I wasn't sure how that would be accepted.

The updated Steelers concept looks better than the original... and the alternate uniform looks awesome as well.

Gotta love the helmet numbers (a la University of Alabama) on the Browns concept.

YOZXkBG.png?1

Football season is fast approaching, and I am in the mood for some football concepts. I've done just two football concepts ever, and I am still learning how to make uniforms on Inkscape, so help me out here if this needs work.

Pittsburgh Steelers

I love the Steelers' current throwback alternate, but the home and road jerseys are classic. The objective here is simply to combine the looks into an acceptable set. I know the black helmets are loved by many, but I decided to go with gold here. I think it looks better and balances the color more. The striping design is simple, combining the two eras. I went back to gold block numbers, and added a white stripe to the pants to keep the colors balanced. I kept the logo on the front of the jersey, and the helmet is still supposed to have the decal on just one side.

steelershome.png

steelersroad.png

C+C is much appreciated. I would love to know what I am doing right or wrong here.

**Update post #11**

This one's alright.

I figured I would put my ideas together for another AFC North team...

Cleveland Browns

The Browns have a nice look currently, so I didn't want to change too much. I wanted to make sure all of the striping was consistent, and that the colors were well balanced. The helmets now have numbers on them, and the alternate =B= logo is used more. For the alternate, I wanted to go simple and basic.

brownshome.png

brownsroad.png

brownsalt.png

I know I didn't change much here, but I want to know what you think.

Not bad.

Tennessee Titans

I liked the Oilers throwbacks the Titans wore last year, so I kept some ideas from that look in mind when creating these. Part of that means using more light blue. I made the helmet light blue, and changed the striping design. On the jerseys, I reduced the contrasting color shoulder yoke down to just the sleeves. I also incorporated the circular logo into the sleeve stripes. I matched the pants up with what I think looks best, but I suppose any pants can be worn with any jersey. The alternate uniform is a "navy-out".

titanshome.png

titansroad.png

titansalt.png

You have a contemporary helmet design, contemporary number font, and contemporary pants striping, so the "classic" sleeve stripes just look odd here.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Cleveland undershirt sleeve stripes remind me of military service hashmarks:

24268d1217139948-usn-uniform-dress-jumper-red-stripes-15c0_1.jpg

That might be an idea...guys get a stripe for each year of NFL service. The Favres of the world woudl end up wearing one-sleeved clown shirts. :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

New Orleans Saints

IMO, the Saints current set is pretty bland. The gold helmets are nice, and some of their jersey/pant combos are good, but there isn't a whole lot going on. I brought back the sleeve stripes from back in the day, and matched the pants stripe with the helmet stripe. I used gold numbers on the road jersey, I think they are awesome. I also reduced the number of outlines on the logo to make it less cluttered.

saintshome.png

saintsroad.png

A few alternate combos...

I liked the Saints old white pants, and I think a white helmet looks nice:

saintsalt1.png

And the black-out "ninja" look:

saintsalt2.png

Archived