NFL Uniform Concepts

Bmac

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice work on the Saints. Comments:

1. Any wordmark has to use their unique font:

SAINTS-20wordmark-w20R20symbol20(GOLD).jpg

2. Death to all LANOB!! (logo above NOB)

3. Agree with previous poster that the pants logo is unnecessary. If you decide to leave it, end the stripe below it because it definitely doesn't work over the stripe.

4. Though I like the 'throwback' style stripes, they just don't work on today's jersey cuts, so the FDL is a better sleeve option IMO.

5. I guess it's fine for concepts but obviously there's no way a real team would ever have 3 helmets. They can't even use 2 unless one's a throwback or whatever. Too many pants here too though I also like the white pants. The stripes on the black pants are a definite improvement over the current black pants, which btw are MIA for quite a while now. I predict they will not wear them this year with the white jerseys so we'll only see them with the mono look.

BTW, here are the '67 black and white unis, which in my unbiased (okay, not so much) opinion are among the best looking sets ever seen on an NFL field:

4331788494_b9e594e7a9_o.jpg4331787914_8b5efe9349_o.jpg

Bonus trivia: #81 above is HOF DE Doug Atkins, who spent most of his career in Chicago. His final game was my first Saints game, the last one of the '69 season. It ended in a bench-clearing brawl. Atkins, who was 6'8 and 275 lbs., punched a Steeler so hard he caved in the guy's facemask. :wacko:

Take those unis, replace the sleeve stripes with FDLs instead and that would be fantastic.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

**Update**

Good clean design. Though I think the wordmark on the jersey and the fleur de lis on the pants and jersey are unnecessary.

I'd really like to see a gold jersey with the white helmet/pants.

Wordmark and fdl on pants have been removed.

White/gold/white combo added.

2. Death to all LANOB!! (logo above NOB)

3. Agree with previous poster that the pants logo is unnecessary. If you decide to leave it, end the stripe below it because it definitely doesn't work over the stripe.

4. Though I like the 'throwback' style stripes, they just don't work on today's jersey cuts, so the FDL is a better sleeve option IMO.

5. I guess it's fine for concepts but obviously there's no way a real team would ever have 3 helmets. They can't even use 2 unless one's a throwback or whatever. Too many pants here too though I also like the white pants. The stripes on the black pants are a definite improvement over the current black pants, which btw are MIA for quite a while now. I predict they will not wear them this year with the white jerseys so we'll only see them with the mono look.

BTW, here are the '67 black and white unis, which in my unbiased (okay, not so much) opinion are among the best looking sets ever seen on an NFL field:

4331788494_b9e594e7a9_o.jpg4331787914_8b5efe9349_o.jpg

Bonus trivia: #81 above is HOF DE Doug Atkins, who spent most of his career in Chicago. His final game was my first Saints game, the last one of the '69 season. It ended in a bench-clearing brawl. Atkins, who was 6'8 and 275 lbs., punched a Steeler so hard he caved in the guy's facemask. :wacko:

Take those unis, replace the sleeve stripes with FDLs instead and that would be fantastic.

It's nice to see a strong follower of the team comment on the concept, thanks for the input. Adding the sleeve stripes was really the main idea of my concept, so I am going to keep them. That is way I moved the fdl to the back, so it remained somewhere on the jersey.

A few minor changes to the home and road uniforms:

saintshome1.png

saintsroad1.png

And, an alternate gold uniform:

saintsalt3.png

You're welcome. Hey, I love the original stripes, my point isn't specific to your concept, just that stripes don't work with today's cuts. Consider those new Reebok monstrosities for example.

I'm also a huge fan of the white helmet ever since I saw the Georgia Tech throwback version, which used colors pretty close to the Saints' original gold. In fact, MGHelmets was kind enough to do a white Saints helmet for me a while back.

georgiatech69.jpg

saintswhitexc4.jpg

My only other thing on these is wanting them to go back to the original gold, which IMO was a much bolder and distinctive look than the bland gold they use now.

You mean the one that you can buy (or download for free) on the internet?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I'm lovin' these.

I really like the update on the Steelers logo, even if the fanbase wouldn't allow you to tweak the colors. The yellow helmet looks great.

The Browns jerseys are... perfect. I don't see where the alternate fits in, maybe try an orange jersey alt? I love the update on the throwback helmets too. I wouldn't mind seeing the numbers in white either, just for a comparison.

Also love the return of stripes to the Saints jerseys. The overuse of the flour de lis kill their current jerseys IMO.

Keep it up.

I like the use of the stripes on the sleeve for the Saints. The pants leg stripes are also a great improvement. One suggestion about the FDL on the back of the jersey, what about moving it to the front left chest? They Saints wore a state of Louisiana patch there after Katrina, and I don't think that a FDL there would look bad. I've always just thought that the logos on the back of the jerseys look like something that should stay in college FB. Also, I definitely agree that you should keep the current font the team uses for the wordmark. Other than that, I love the Saints concept.

gYH2mW9.png

They're close but not the same. The 'i' and 't' are clearly different.

HAFO-SOLE-SP.gif

They just deleted the dot of the I. The T is the only customized character.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I hope you dont mind if i share some of my own uniforms:

We do, actually. This isn't your thread. This belongs to Bmac. If you'd like to share your concepts, please start your own thread.

This is the 2nd time he's done this within a couple of days. There is another thread where this guy takes NBA uniform and puts that as a Football uniform. Guys from that thread told him the same exact thing. You'd thought he'd have learned by now.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

They're close but not the same. The 'i' and 't' are clearly different.

HAFO-SOLE-SP.gif

They just deleted the dot of the I. The T is the only customized character.

Fair enough, but I'm still unclear on your point. Mine was that if there was going to be a wordmark on the jersey, well, call me crazy, but it should be the team's actual wordmark, not something generic as was used:

saintshome.png

Archived