Rams Tell Warner He'll Be Cut June 1

STL FANATIC

I STL. how you put unless the qb leads you all the way to the Super Bowl. Becuase it is hypocritical of you to complain about Warner losing his job to injury when that is how he got his job. Trent Green would have won the Super Bowl with the Rams, maybe even 2. Right now, I would take Green over Warner.

To me Kurt Warner is the most overrated QB in the game. Marshall Faulk is the reason why the Rams won a Super Bowl, and not giving him the ball and putting it in the hands of Warner is the reason they lost the Super Bowl. Kurt Warner is a decent QB, not a good one. He was a good story confused with a good quarterback.

I don't think Buldger is that great either, they need to get a good QB in there. They also need a ned coach, because along with Warner, Martx is the most overrated coach in the game.

There is absolutely no way you can say he was overrated the year they won the Super Bowl. That may have been one of the best seasons for a Qb in the past 15-20 years. He was absolutely amazing that year and Faulk was along for the ride.

I disagree with that 110%.

Faulk not only had over 1,000 yards recieving... Faulk probably had over 900 yards after the reception.

Kurt Warner has, in St Louis had the best tandem of WR's and the best offensive scheme to capitalize on them that the NFL has EVER seen.

Kurt Warner took the job of Trent Green because of an injury and didn't give it up when Trent Green got healthy. So why should Bulger ride the bench after leading his team to the playoffs because Warner got hurt? Cutting Warner will be a GREAT decision, and a rare good decision by Martz and company. Warner's injury prone, and then he doesn't tell anyone. "owww... my pinky is broken." What a ***** considering Brett Favre's thumb seems to be in a constant state of brokeness.

Getting rid of Trent Green was a huge mistake by the Rams as Trent Green went on to be a Pro Bowler without any real recievers. Imagine how good Green would be with Kurt Warners supporting cast. That decision ranks right up there with the Redskins getting rid of Stephen Davis.

Faulk did not piggy back and benefit off Warner NEARLY as much as Warner benefitted from the NFL's best WR's and the best RB. Faulk was JUST as good in Indy before Kurt Warner.

IUe6Hvh.png

Knowing my luck, Tom Donahue will decide Warner is a good replacement, he'll bench Bledsoe, Warner will send the bills down the drain in epic Rob Johnson fashion and then I'll be wondering of what could have been if they JUST THREW THE FREAKING BALL TO ERIC MOULDS!

Insert Witty Signature Here.

If Warner latches on with a team with any talent at all, he'll have a great year.

Every time he has gotten a chance to play in the last year, he has been great. Bulger on the other hand...wow...slightly above average.

You say Faulk is the reason? He was a GIANT part of it. I think that's fair to say. It's unfair to say Warner wasn't as well. Why did Warner do bad in his first start? Cuz Martz didn't give Faulk the ball. There were (these are approx, but no more than 5 off on the runs and 10 on the passes) 9 runs and 45 passes in that game? NO QB succeeds that situation, and Warner still excelled passing wise.

As for me being a hypocrit? Nope. The only thing worse than taking away a guy's job due to injury is taking it away after they lead you to a championship. Bulger didn't, and without some major team help, won't for a long time do that.

As for Warner not playing with a pinky, tis you who is the hypocrit. First off, so many say he's a wuss, but then criticize him for playing hurt in 2002 because he hurt the team. Which is it? If Warner is so bad because he's injury prone with his pinky, why do you think he should play through it? I take nothing away from Favre. He's amazing in terms of durability. But you take just about any other QB and give them Warners hand problems, and they'd respond the same way.

Martz is making the biggest mistake the Rams have made since being in St. Louis. I don't like using the word hate, it's pretty strong...but I almost HATE MIKE MARTZ. What a freaking egotistical, lieing, jerk. I don't know how I can not root for the Rams. Giving up Faulk, Bruce, etc....that will be very tough if I do it. Yet, at the same time, I have no idea how I can root for an organization who treated one of the best QBs and people in the league like this.

I don't want to come off as sounding like a pompous jerk, but it seems to me that I may be among a minority people on this board who has over 10 years of "real world," hard core business experience and I can tell you that emotions and gratitude for past accomplishments are generally not factors in making any kind of personnel decisions. There is a little bit of skewing in the area of pro sports because there might be some fan backlash for unloading a popular player, but it's generally not much, especially if it's obvious that there have been recent performance issues. In business, it's rarely about "what have you ever done for me," or even "what have you done for me lately." Rather it's about "what can you do for me now," and "what are you going to do for me in the future." The Rams simply decided that from what they had seen, the answer to the latter two questions is "not much." They based their decision on performance issues from the last couple of seasons and probably other factors of which they may have knowledge but we as the general public do not. Like any personnel decision, it's a gamble because nobody has clairvoyant powers. All I can say is that I can understand why the Rams are likely doing what they are doing by releasing or trading him. I honestly feel like it is a gross misperception to believe that gratitude for past accomplishments creates any type of moral obligation to keep a guy on board when the team has made a business decision that it's in that team's best interest to move forward with different personnel. I also think it's a gross misperception to believe that gratitude for past accomplishments plays any type of significant factor in the decision making process.

As I have said a couple of times already, I wish Kurt nothing but the best and hope he hooks on somewhere where he can have more success. I also feel that when his playing days are over, he will make an excellent color analyst for one of the networks, so his future continues to look bright even though it will likely play out elsewhere.

Well said, Yale... I agree completely.

Like it or not, sports are a business. And this was a business decision.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Fine, forget emotions. Maybe it was business. It was still the worst decision the Rams have made since they've been in St. Louis.

Bulger is barely above average. Warner is awesome. Bulger may have a good record, but look at his other numbers...most likely his luck will run out.

If Warner latches on with a team with any talent at all, he'll have a great year.

Every time he has gotten a chance to play in the last year, he has been great. Bulger on the other hand...wow...slightly above average.

You say Faulk is the reason? He was a GIANT part of it. I think that's fair to say. It's unfair to say Warner wasn't as well. Why did Warner do bad in his first start? Cuz Martz didn't give Faulk the ball. There were (these are approx, but no more than 5 off on the runs and 10 on the passes) 9 runs and 45 passes in that game? NO QB succeeds that situation, and Warner still excelled passing wise.

As for me being a hypocrit? Nope. The only thing worse than taking away a guy's job due to injury is taking it away after they lead you to a championship. Bulger didn't, and without some major team help, won't for a long time do that.

As for Warner not playing with a pinky, tis you who is the hypocrit. First off, so many say he's a wuss, but then criticize him for playing hurt in 2002 because he hurt the team. Which is it? If Warner is so bad because he's injury prone with his pinky, why do you think he should play through it? I take nothing away from Favre. He's amazing in terms of durability. But you take just about any other QB and give them Warners hand problems, and they'd respond the same way.

Preach it, my St. Louis-dwelling brothah!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

This sounds like Doug Flutie vs Rob Johnson all over again.

And again, the wrong decision is made.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/st...e=Check+Signals!

There's an update. Martz claims he didn't say Warner was going to be cut for sure. He says that Warner and his agent overreacted, and also that he himself might have gotten carried away. Regardless, he has decided Bulger will start next year.

He's a blatent liar as he said there would be an open competition in camp for the job. I dunno how he can just suddenly make a decision.

Archived