CHL's 2011 Alternates

zer0dotcom

With the World under 18 Championships over, the CHL season is just over the horizon! Being the second year of the Reebok EDGE era in the CHL, all 60 clubs are able to pick out a full time alternate uniform. So now it's time to do some digging and find out what and where they are!

Known uniforms: 30 teams confirmed of 60 possible

BOLD: added to the webpage

OHL

Barrie Colts: No alt

Belleville Bulls: Yellow alternate returns

Brampton Battalion: No alt

Erie otters: No alt

Guelph Storm: No alt

Kingston Frontenacs: yellow 1930's style alt

Kitchener Rangers: red 'soldier' alternate, blue remembrance day jersey

London Knights: No alt

Mississauga Majors: cream and blue Winter classic template, grey Remembrance Day jersey

Niagara Icedogs: No alt

Oshawa Generals: blue alternate returns

Ottawa 67's: No alt

Owen Sound Attack: Mercury's throwback

Peterborough Petes: Retro style red PTP alternate

Plymouth Whalers: green "Whalers" jersey

Sagniaw Spirit: One night Gears throwback

Sarnia Sting: black 'Dallas' style

Soo Greyhounds: black Soo jersey returns

Sudbury Wolves: black alternate

Windsor Spitfires: cream alternate returns plus Mickey Renauld tribute jersey

QMJHL

Acadie Bathurst Titan: No alt

Baie-Comeau Drakkar: no alt

Cape Breton Screaming Eagles: grey uniform

Chicoutami Sagueneens: No alt

Drummondville Volteguires: No alt

Gatineau Olympiques: No alt

Halifax Mooseheads: black alt returns plus DND jersey

Lewiston MAINEiax: No alt

Moncton Wildcats: black "buffaslug" template

Montreal Junior: black alternate

PEI Rocket: blue "dallas" style logo on the Ducks template

Quebec Remparts: black winter classic jersey

Rimouski Oceanic: No alt

Rouyn Noranda Huskies: No alt

Saint John Seadogs: No alt

Shawinagin Cataractes: yellow jersey returns

Val d'or Foreurs: No alt

Victoriaville Tigres: No alt

WHL

Brandon Wheat Kings: yellow alternate

Calgary Hitmen: black and pink jerseys from last season

Chilliwack Bruins: red Ottawa template plus camo Remembrance Day jersey

Edmonton Oil Kings: blue uniform plus Grey Cup jersey

Everett Silvertips: No alt

Kamloops Blazers: orange 'Dallas' style jersey

Kelowna Rockets: red alternate returns plus sublimated Remembrance day jersey

Kootenay Ice: blue jersey

Lethbridge Hurricanes: red alternate, same template, Capitals' style

Medicine Hat Tigers: No alt

Moose Jaw Warriors: red Ottawa template

Portland Winterhawks: black template rumoured

Prince Albert Raiders: black alternate, few details

Prince George Cougars: No alt

Red Deer Rebels: cream uniform with R logo

Regina Pats: cream throwbacks

Saskatoon Blades: No alt

Seattle Thunderbirds: No alt

Spokane Chiefs: blue colour swap

Swift Current Broncos: blue and green retro style

Tri-City Americans: red alternate with 'TRI-CITY' on hem

Vancouver Giants: X anniversary jersey, and black flyers style returns

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the World under 18 Championships over, the CHL season is just over the horizon! Being the second year of the Reebok EDGE era in the CHL, all 60 clubs are able to pick out a full time alternate uniform. So now it's time to do some digging and find out what and where they are!

Known uniforms:

Sarnia Sting: unvieled at the OHL draft, black "Dallas" template with "SARNIA" and front numbers

Chillwack Bruins: brown Senators Alternate template, with alternate verson of their shoulder logo as the crest.

Quebec Remparts: Blackhawks Winter Classic uniform with the circle remparts logo

Moncton Wildcats: Sabres buffal-slug template in black, with a WIldcat head logo ala Florida Panthers (http://www.moncton-w...com/en-ca/home/)

other possibilities:

Regina Pats: Wore a red alternate last year for a game, unknown if it will return

Plymouth Whalers: The team webpage stated their copperplate uniform would return unchanged in an EDGE format this season

Chilliwack is definitely red. Think the Vancouver Giants pre-Edge road jersey.

Edit: And if you look very closely you'll see that that Moncton logo is actually an anniversary one. You would think they would make it bigger.

I noticed that when I downloaded the image, the dates are very small on the logo. I'm hoping for a nice clean photo to pull that and the Chilliwack logos from.

It's also Vancouver's 10th anniversary. They have a decent logo on their webpage, here's wondering if they'll do just the patch, or a jersey for their alternate.

Bellville is celebrating their 30th anniversary. Perhaps they'll be pulling out a yellow uniform for the celebration, as they still use their classic black style uniforms

A few clubs with anniversaries this season, who have logos that may become patches:

Swift Current 25th

Medicine Hat 40th

Rouyn Noranda 15th

Prince Albert 40th

Spokane 25th

Barrie is celebrating their 15th, but no logo is out as of yet.

Owen Sound has confirmed wearing a throwback alternate on Wednesday nights patterned after the Mercury's: http://www.thebayshore.ca/images/gallery/mercurys51.jpg

They're certainly taking things in a new direction with those...it's difficult to see what they've patterned themselves after, and if they've got any more stripes near the bottom of the uniforms. That's 7 / 60 thus far.

Prince Albert wore a Canada themed jersey last year in January. It was around the 7th to commemorate the Olympic Torch passing through, but I haven't come across any photos of it

Haven't seen a release on the Rebels front, and haven't seen anything out of Kingston yet. I imagine that if Kingston is going to bring out an alternate it will involve either Count Frontenac or the Kingston Canadians in some fashion. Their current designs were alternate uniforms before the EDGE change-over.

Some, as hockey's opening day nears I'm gather resources to get the CHL project underway again. I've lost some of my old software (like photoshop, ugh) so it'll be fun. I don't have my discs, so I'll need to break down and get paint.net or GIMP...I'm going to focus on the new alternate, then go back and try to finish what I can of the 60 active CHL teams.

I've started a blog about my thoughts on the CHL uniforms. Feel free to follow along

http://thechlproject.blogspot.com/

I'm going to feature a new jersey each week, and will do a feature at Remembrance Day for the various Remembrance uniforms that come out.

All this according to Icethetics

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2010/8/24/chl-adds-the-3rd-jersey.html

Kitchener's got one coming.

http://therecord.blo...eys-coming.html

Owen Sound will be wearing throwbacks on Wednesday nights plus other selected games:

OwenSoundThrowbacks.jpg

story: http://www.attackhockey.com/news_detail.asp?varID=1740

Windsor is bringing their old one back:

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/spitfires-officially-welcome-jack-campbell-to-windsor-p143438

Red Deer is getting one.

I'm interested to see what Kitchener does. They usually have a good design for their Remembrance Day uniforms, I can see them doing well with an alternate based off them. What is the blogger talking about for "the bandit uniforms from 2002?" I've never seen those ones.

It's also Guelph's 20th year, but no logo has been released yet, or any hint of an alternate yet.

Checking around on my lunch hour, The Portland Winterhawks will again be doing a Buckaroos Salute night, possibly against the Thunderbirds (it doesn't state specifically which teams they will face on their promo nights, but they are all the US division teams.

That opens the posibility for both Portland and Seattle to bring out their Bucks and Totems uniforms in the EDGE format

Haven't seen a release on the Rebels front, and haven't seen anything out of Kingston yet. I imagine that if Kingston is going to bring out an alternate it will involve either Count Frontenac or the Kingston Canadians in some fashion. Their current designs were alternate uniforms before the EDGE change-over.

Some, as hockey's opening day nears I'm gather resources to get the CHL project underway again. I've lost some of my old software (like photoshop, ugh) so it'll be fun. I don't have my discs, so I'll need to break down and get paint.net or GIMP...I'm going to focus on the new alternate, then go back and try to finish what I can of the 60 active CHL teams.

I've started a blog about my thoughts on the CHL uniforms. Feel free to follow along

http://thechlproject.blogspot.com/

I'm going to feature a new jersey each week, and will do a feature at Remembrance Day for the various Remembrance uniforms that come out.

As long as Kingston doesn't use this:

1636.gif

I'll be fine.

Though I'd really like to see them do a Remembrance Day jersey. Either the Royal Canadian Horse Artillery, Princess of Wales Own Regiment or Communications and Electronics Branch from CFB Kingston would really do. There is tonnes of military heritage, French or English, in the Kingston area.

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

Checking around on my lunch hour, The Portland Winterhawks will again be doing a Buckaroos Salute night, possibly against the Thunderbirds (it doesn't state specifically which teams they will face on their promo nights, but they are all the US division teams.

That opens the posibility for both Portland and Seattle to bring out their Bucks and Totems uniforms in the EDGE format

I can say with some certainty that if both Seattle and Portland wear throwbacks, they will not be Edge jerseys. In they years past when they have worn Totems/Breakers and Buckaroos jerseys, they have been ProJoy authentics with the Reebok vector screened on.

Archived