CHL's 2011 Alternates

zer0dotcom

Just noticed on the Guelph Storm third jersey on the site, the sleeves are the wrong colour pattern. It should be a black trimmed by white with a single white stripe below, not white trimmed with black and a single black stripe below.

My bad, fixed

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something I noticed on Wednesday night watching the Belleville / Oshawa game. The Generals have changed their red jersey numbering, it used to be white on red on blue for the red jerseys. On a close-up, it showed white on blue only. it looks like they changed that hard to see red layer into another blue, and it's thicker than usual. The white jerseys continue to have blue on white on red.

The Generals are also doing a Remembrance Day tribute tonight, and are asking fans to wear red. They may bring out their retro reds again as they have in the past for Red Tilson night for the game tonight.

Great cause, terrible jersey.

Hurricanes2BBreast2BCancer2B009.jpg

Edited to add: Whatever Portland has coming, it is coming soon:

Speaking of big promotions, the Great Airplane Toss is next week, which will feature a $10,000 grand prize, as well as trips, a TV, tires and many other great prizes. And oh yeah, the Hawks will be sporting brand new third jerseys that night. While they won't be denim jacket-style, they'll still be eye-catching. We'll have more info on those very soon.

GAT is November 24th. Perhaps the black jersey makes a return?

Interesting.

Edmonton, AB ? The Edmonton Oil Kings will join in on the 2010 Grey Cup excitement when they host their Hot To Huddle Grey Cup Growwwl game against the Vancouver Giants on Friday, November 26th at 7 p.m.

The Hot To Huddle Grey Cup Growwwl will include a special edition jersey that will be worn by the Oil Kings that game and then auctioned off after the game ? with both silent and live auctions ? with proceeds going to the Oil Kings Education Association. There will also be a limited number of jerseys available for purchase at Game On Sports for $109.99.

Edmonton20Oil20Kings_Grey20Cup_50_Oct2027_20100951.jpg

So the rumour over on the Hawks board at OregonLive is that it will include the "hawkeyes" logo from the DVST8 ad campaign. Not to toot my own horn or plug my own concepts (which I'm going to) but in July of last year, I did this concept using the Capitals template and the eyes logo as the crest.

And as long as I'm hijacking the thread to self-promote, I posted a couple new Winterhawks concepts over here.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

So the rumour over on the Hawks board at OregonLive is that it will include the "hawkeyes" logo from the DVST8 ad campaign. Not to toot my own horn or plug my own concepts (which I'm going to) but in July of last year, I did this concept using the Capitals template and the eyes logo as the crest.

And as long as I'm hijacking the thread to self-promote, I posted a couple new Winterhawks concepts over here.

Perhaps the eyes do have it? In that blog post I quoted, it did say the jersey would be "eye-catching." I think Portland deviating from their classic jerseys is a mistake (I hated the skyline jersey and whatever that thing on the chest was) but they have been building that eye brand over the past couple of seasons.

Better shots of the Hurrjcanes jersey with the 25th patch that doesn't seem to be on the finished product

SDC12926.jpg

Thanks man, those will help greatly. I'll try to get them up within a week.

Edited to add: Whatever Portland has coming, it is coming soon:

Speaking of big promotions, the Great Airplane Toss is next week, which will feature a $10,000 grand prize, as well as trips, a TV, tires and many other great prizes. And oh yeah, the Hawks will be sporting brand new third jerseys that night. While they won't be denim jacket-style, they'll still be eye-catching. We'll have more info on those very soon.

GAT is November 24th. Perhaps the black jersey makes a return?

I'll keep my eyes open for those. Hopefully it'll be an easy jersey to render up, I'm still having a fit finding a crisp copy of Moose Jaw and Chilliwack's new alternate logos.

Lewiston Maineiacs will get "new jerseys" next season - probably new alternates...

(source)

Sometimes "new jerseys" means new jerseys, not just a new alternate...just sayin'.

I hope that means the face jersey returns, or it leads to an overhaul. I've never been a huge fan of their home/roads, or their logo, but that alternate is certainly unique, and if any team can pull it off, it's Lewiston.

Interesting.

Edmonton, AB ? The Edmonton Oil Kings will join in on the 2010 Grey Cup excitement when they host their Hot To Huddle Grey Cup Growwwl game against the Vancouver Giants on Friday, November 26th at 7 p.m.

The Hot To Huddle Grey Cup Growwwl will include a special edition jersey that will be worn by the Oil Kings that game and then auctioned off after the game ? with both silent and live auctions ? with proceeds going to the Oil Kings Education Association. There will also be a limited number of jerseys available for purchase at Game On Sports for $109.99.

Edmonton20Oil20Kings_Grey20Cup_50_Oct2027_20100951.jpg

That is a different design for sure. That's about the 5th NON-EDGE jersey I've seen used this year, and ugh, the heavy sublimation...when will teams learn!?!

I also discovered sources for Halifax's DND night jerseys for '08, '09, and this season. This season's NAVY themed jerseys are up. I'm working on St. Mike's grey Vimy jerseys (I found sources, I didn't know it had 'Least we forget" on the back hem) as well as Kelowna's (again, stupid sublimation, and they also have Least We Forget ont he back.)

Look for thsoe soon. I am compiling the sources for these jerseys, but I'm also double shifting right now with little downtime. Updates will be sporatic, but updates are on their way.

Reinforcing most guesses, including Frylock's, here is what the Winterhawks President had to say about the new jerseys coming Wednesday night:

?We?re very excited about the new third jersey, and once they see them we know our fans will be as well,? said Portland Winterhawks President Doug Piper. ?We can?t say much about the new look, but we?re sure all eyes will be on us when they are unveiled.?

bolding is mine

So I think we can guess what the logo is going to be on the front. The question becomes on what template.

Found a few new sources while searching. maximgam updated and cleaned up a lot of the logos in the section this weekend, including the new Lethbridge logo, so that alternate is up! Thanks Maxim!

If anyone out there is willing to help do some clean-up, I have a few that I've been looking for for a while:

Chilliwack's alternate jersey logo:

http://ufvcascade.ca/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/BruinsvsGiants05092.jpg

Moose Jaw's alternate jersey logo (I haven't seen them actually wear it yet...)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_0bEX5ofUwCY/TIUamjXXZBI/AAAAAAAAAME/N32n5xhn5zI/s320/%3D%3Futf-8%3FB%3FSU1HMDA0OTAtMjAxMDA5MDYtMTA0My5qcGc%3D%3F%3D-714380

Also, I found a Chilliwack Remembrance Day jersey, but can't get a good look at it from this shot:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/cards/scans/chilliwack_bruins_2008-09_front.jpg

Reinforcing most guesses, including Frylock's, here is what the Winterhawks President had to say about the new jerseys coming Wednesday night:

?We?re very excited about the new third jersey, and once they see them we know our fans will be as well,? said Portland Winterhawks President Doug Piper. ?We can?t say much about the new look, but we?re sure all eyes will be on us when they are unveiled.?

bolding is mine

So I think we can guess what the logo is going to be on the front. The question becomes on what template.

And the home page for the Hawks states the famous front crest will get a night off Wednesday when the 3rd jersey is revealed. I was against this, but I guess it's time to embrace the change.

SEAsig.png

Oh God, oh God, oh God no... SMH.

TbearSplashEarly1130.jpg

Four hours later, I caught some highlights on KATU news. NOB and numbers are the same font as the home and road jerseys, but are a one-color silver/gray color. Couldn't tell if it was metallic or not. Still not enthused about these...

From the Winterhawks Facebook page:

74837_470712673936_103175248936_5651876_805838_n.jpg

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Oh God, oh God, oh God no... SMH.

TbearSplashEarly1130.jpg

Four hours later, I caught some highlights on KATU news. NOB and numbers are the same font as the home and road jerseys, but are a one-color silver/gray color. Couldn't tell if it was metallic or not. Still not enthused about these...

From the Winterhawks Facebook page:

74837_470712673936_103175248936_5651876_805838_n.jpg

I'm...speechless. So, they've worn these before?

Archived