zer0dotcom

CHL's 2011 Alternates

The Peterborough Petes just announced on Twitter that they are unveiling a 3rd jersey tomorrow (Wednesday October 20th) at 1:30pm.

http://twitter.com/#.../PetesOHLhockey (says to check www.gopetesgo.com at 1:30 to see photos)

I had heard nothing of them getting a third jersey until this tweet... I hope it features their gorgeous secondary logo or the 'Peterborough' introduced for the 2006 season that has been used on the third ever since. I guess we'll see soon enough!

here's the link. If you enjoy retro, these are for you!

http://tiny.cc/8umiw

A mockup of the Everett Pink the Rink jerseys to be worn on October 29th:

PinkTheRinkJersey_1011_Complete0259.jpg

Quick questions, if I can...

Since we're on the subject of pink jerseys, does Chris post the "pink" logos for teams when they do the "pink in the rink" fundraiser. I have a bunch of high quality GIF logos from local QMJHL teams, I emailed them all to Chris and I was wondering if the chances are good that they will be posted on the site (I see the PEI Rocket one already is).

One more quick question, regarding the Maineiacs third jersey - why is the alternate logo on their shoulder (the face on the Maine state silhouette) on the jersey mockup, but not on the site? It's not just a shoulder patch, as the Maineiacs did have that logo front and centre on what appears to be an old alt jersey (see the guy in the middle). And here's the face one, with the numbers in the back for reference...

eygof58qb5kerb0coaqghvduf.gif

Lewiston_Third-front.jpg

Lewiston_Third-back.jpg

Also, regarding the Maineiacs, I have obtained, from the site of the graphic design company that did work with the Maineiacs, the templates they used for the original home and away jerseys. This might help fix the missing numbers and colours on the site's template. You'll notice the silver is supposed to be brighter, and the ones on the site has that "pixelated" blue from the GIF file (any way to fix that?)

lewiston_img3.jpg

lewiston_img4.jpg

Not earth-shattering, but according to this page on the Lethbridge Hurricanes' website, the team will be wearing special "Pink in the Rink" jerseys on Novemeber 19th and 20th. No pics at this time.

Not earth-shattering, but according to this page on the Lethbridge Hurricanes' website, the team will be wearing special "Pink in the Rink" jerseys on Novemeber 19th and 20th. No pics at this time.

Halifax also going PitR. Here is what the last jersey looked like:

Pink20in20the20Rink2544.jpg

Man... We could have a thread dedicated just to the CHL-based PitR jerseys. I like what Medicine Hat is doing... Instead of jerseys, all of the players are using pink sticks in the first period, then they will sign them and the team will auction them off.

The Pink in the Rink stuff is hard to track. Teams have been doing it for several years and most of them are heavily (at least until the edge era) sublimated designs on the jersey. The reason we don't have any yet is that so many require extensive sublimation work, and that some teams had so many different PitR jerseys, they would need another section in the webpage.

I am collecting all the sources that are found for this season, but right now I am focusing on the home/road/alt combos in use this season, then the older home/road/alts/special events from the past

A few updates as I had this morning off:

Gatineau: Added their proper lettering from this season and last. I guess they didn't like the slanted San Jose font, and changed it. I also added the French version of the CHL crest on the bottom on their jersey. I'll have to add this logo on the hem of all the Quebec based teams.

Peterborough: fixed the alternates, they needed the double layer numbers

Lewiston: added the letters and numbers to the EDGE jerseys. The Pre-EDGE use the San Jose font, but a fatter version I'll have to make up.

Gatineau: Added their proper lettering from this season and last. I guess they didn't like the slanted San Jose font, and changed it. I also added the French version of the CHL crest on the bottom on their jersey. I'll have to add this logo on the hem of all the Quebec based teams.

Lewiston: added the letters and numbers to the EDGE jerseys. The Pre-EDGE use the San Jose font, but a fatter version I'll have to make up.

Chris will have to update the Gatineau logo. As of last season (2009-2010) the logo has the city name incorporated it it, and the purple is a little more blue this time. I sent him the hi-res version of the updated logo some time ago:

olympiques1.gif

500px-Gatineau_Olympiques.png

I found some pics of the Erie Otters Untied Way jersey.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Erie-Otters-Autographed-Jersey-Anthony-Luciani-/170555638094?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b5e8814e#ht_484wt_898

I also noticed that the Niagara Ice Dogs are waring a patch on their jerseys. It is a memorial patch for the owners father. If you can't tell from these bad photos, it is a clover with the initials MWB in black.

33777_1657180152207_1318202443_2648518_6

67420_1657180752222_1318202443_2648520_2

Finally, did my previous post help in any way?? (the one with the 2005/06 rangers remembrance day jersey)

Aren't the Lewiston letters/numbers just different weights of Compacta? Sure looks like that to me.

And I don't think the MAINEiacs ever used the San Jose number/letter fonts at all, but I could be wrong.

Chris will have to update the Gatineau logo. As of last season (2009-2010) the logo has the city name incorporated it it, and the purple is a little more blue this time. I sent him the hi-res version of the updated logo some time ago:

olympiques1.gif

I can take care of the update. I can't believe I over looked this. I'll update it later this week when I have more time, and correct the uniforms as well

Finally, did my previous post help in any way?? (the one with the 2005/06 rangers remembrance day jersey)

It did imenssely! I only had one shot of that uniform previously. It will take some time for me to get it rendered with the heavy sublimation however.

Aren't the Lewiston letters/numbers just different weights of Compacta? Sure looks like that to me.

And I don't think the MAINEiacs ever used the San Jose number/letter fonts at all, but I could be wrong.

The closest good font I have for what I see in the photos is the San Jose font, it very well may be a different font, for now though, it's the best (and closest) we have.

Just noticed that the St. Michaels Majors have arched NOBs instead of straight as pictured on Chris' site...

he6izlnbg8f3qitg9hm67yb7f.gif

1286203416.jpg

Also, Swift Current has replaced the SC right shoulder patch with the anniversary logo this year.

1288029760.jpg

Not trying to be critical, just an extra set of eyes out here for ya!

Also, regarding the Maineiacs, I have obtained, from the site of the graphic design company that did work with the Maineiacs, the templates they used for the original home and away jerseys. This might help fix the missing numbers and colours on the site's template. You'll notice the silver is supposed to be brighter, and the ones on the site has that "pixelated" blue from the GIF file (any way to fix that?)

Lewiston's colors/colours are as follows:

LewistonMAINEiacs_FRC_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

olympiques1.gif

Here are Gatineau's colors/colours:

GatineauOlympiques_FRC_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

They haven't changed...any discrepancies you may see are more than likely due to the designers using older Pantone swatch files, or perhaps, poor raster conversion.

My color swatch images use the latest and greatest sRGB values for representing Pantone colors on computer monitors. (Mine all use the new PANTONE PLUS values.)

Didn't get to go to last Saturday's game, so I watched a highlight video on Belleville's site. Saginaw's "Gears Throwback Night" jerseys were disappointing. The stripes were right, the colors (tangerine and turquoise) were right, but they had the Spirit logo on the chest and the old Gears logo was on the shoulders. :therock: Should have been the other way around.

Just noticed that the St. Michaels Majors have arched NOBs instead of straight as pictured on Chris' site...

Also, Swift Current has replaced the SC right shoulder patch with the anniversary logo this year.

Not trying to be critical, just an extra set of eyes out here for ya!

Hey, that's exactly what I need. With 60 teams, it's hard to keep track of them all!

Lewiston's colors/colours are as follows:

LewistonMAINEiacs_FRC_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

Here are Gatineau's colors/colours:

GatineauOlympiques_FRC_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

They haven't changed...any discrepancies you may see are more than likely due to the designers using older Pantone swatch files, or perhaps, poor raster conversion.

My color swatch images use the latest and greatest sRGB values for representing Pantone colors on computer monitors. (Mine all use the new PANTONE PLUS values.)

Thanks for the heads up! I'll make sure those changes go through properly.

Didn't get to go to last Saturday's game, so I watched a highlight video on Belleville's site. Saginaw's "Gears Throwback Night" jerseys were disappointing. The stripes were right, the colors (tangerine and turquoise) were right, but they had the Spirit logo on the chest and the old Gears logo was on the shoulders. :therock: Should have been the other way around.

I'll have to check for those.That is dissapointing to not have the Gears on the front of the jersey...that's the point of having a throwback, highlight the old team, not the new one!

Someone get this already? Halifax Mooseheads jersey for the 100th anniversary of the Navy (to be worn at the Annual DND Appreciation Night, November 5th):

LINK

dnd_hfx.jpg