CHL's 2011 Alternates

zer0dotcom

I'm...speechless. So, they've worn these before?

No, these are brand new. What would suggest they've worn them before?

And truly, the Hawks have their work cut out for them. After the frozen turkey jersey, they're always going to be scrutinized for their third jerseys. But this... This my friends is a big barrel of suck.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And truly, the Hawks have their work cut out for them. After the frozen turkey jersey, they're always going to be scrutinized for their third jerseys. But this... This my friends is a big barrel of suck.

I was at the Winter Hawks game last night and the numbers were a metallica silverish color, but muted at the same time. They weren't LA Kings jersey number silver which is a super dazzle but a dull metallic color if that makes sense (it appears to be the same color as the piping) and they need a red outline on the numbers and maybe the name. The one color doenst look that good...I'm not a huge fan of them, but they did grow on me as the game went on. I'm sure I'll end up buying one just to have. I have a game worn frozen turkey jersey and wore it to the game last night, so I need to add this one too, but $150 for a replica is steep.

SEAsig.png

Some of the talk about the "Eyes logo" made me think they've done this before. That damn sublimation is rearing it's head again too. It'll take a bit to get these rendered for the webpage.

I was hoping to have the Oil Kings Grey Cup jerseys done for this weekend, but I'll be out of town, and this week has been crazy as hell, so they will have to wait.

Some of the talk about the "Eyes logo" made me think they've done this before. That damn sublimation is rearing it's head again too. It'll take a bit to get these rendered for the webpage.

I was hoping to have the Oil Kings Grey Cup jerseys done for this weekend, but I'll be out of town, and this week has been crazy as hell, so they will have to wait.

The eyes logo has been on hats that the team has given away for a couple years now. It also fits in with their DVST8, INTMD8, whatever theme they are using for their team.

I get the feeling we might be done with alternates for the year but there will still be some more one-offs:

On December 3rd before the Storm and Generals hit the ice, a commemorative puck drop will kick off the tribute night as the Storm helps to celebrate the million dollar plateau for fundraising, a milestone for the local charity. Special Jessica?s Footprint jerseys will also be worn during the game by all Storm players and auctioned off at a later date. All proceeds from the jersey auction will go to support the charity.

carrollholland23314.jpg

carrollholland73626.jpg

b009e0d047f5821bf228d57c4a83.jpeg

Chicoutimi Sagueneens throwback jersey to be worn on Dec. 4th

:shocked:

Wow... And people think the Canucks "flying V" was bad? The 1970s were not good to the kind people in the Chicoutimi region!

But seriously, HockeyDB shows this to be their logo from 1973-74, so I guess the jersey design makes a little more sense. But wow...

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Here's one from a few years ago, just to keep the thread alive... it's the 2006-2007 third jersey for the Victoriaville Tigres (QMJHL) in celebration of their 25th anniversary.

06-07VictoriavilleTigresNewT.jpg

Also noticed the new Screaming Eagles alt isn't on the site yet either...

66549_449720514845_24638829845_4978710_8015740_n.jpg

I do have the resources for those, I just haven't had the time to do them up yet. I have tomorrow off, so I may do them then.

The Bulls jersey is my favorite. But I like Kelowna, Maineiacs, Swift Current, and Chilliwack's thirds.

Lot of dissapointing ones in there too, but some good ones.

I really wish Soo would have used a better logo, something with just the greyhound or a new greyhound logo. These wordmarks are lazy and dull.

2ly2w09.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Chicoutimi a big city in the Quebec hydro market? If true the lightning bolt makes sense, but Mon Dieu! WTF is that!

It is a "S".

That's a horrible jersey then. Crazy 70s! <shakes fist>

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Chicoutimi a big city in the Quebec hydro market? If true the lightning bolt makes sense, but Mon Dieu! WTF is that!

It is a "S".

That's a horrible jersey then. Crazy 70s! <shakes fist>

The light blue alternate based on the same template as their regular jerseys they had about fifteen or twenty years ago would have been awesome and is the only Sagueneens throwback that would deserve to be back. Their orange/green Guy Carbonneau era jerseys were as bad as the ones posted and the red experiment was also a total fail.

my God...they're so terrible...there's not a single redeeming thing about any of it...the numbers, the transitions from blue to green...they're hideous, they should have never existed!

...that said, does anybody know where i can buy one? lol

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Archived