CHL's 2011 Alternates

zer0dotcom

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't want to start a whole new thread, but I talked to the person in charge of marketing for the Gwinnett Gladiators in the ECHL. I asked her about a special event jersey for this year, and she told me the only one will be for their annual "pink in the rink" event. When I kind of made a disappointed face, she told me there was supposed to be one, but the "jerseys were ordered and never delivered". I can't honestly see how this is a big deal, considering there is several months left in the season. I'm thinking it's an excuse. But nonetheless, only a pink in the rink jersey.

Added the Lethbridge jerseys yesterday. They look pretty nice all done up.

The Top Prospects game went last night. Team Orr wore the Wild/Mooseheads/Remparts template with ORR in red on the lower front, Team Cherry wore a red version of the Buffaslug template with CHERRY in white on the lower front. Both teams used Buffalo's team font from the Slug era; since the TPG inception, they've always used block font, this is the first year they've deviated from it.

http://www.homehardwaretopprospectsgame.com/

I'll have those up hopefully tomorrow and then I'll continue with the list of jerseys. there are just so many to do...

the Erie Otters are having an anniversary one-off jersey

http://www.ottersgear.com/

"« Celebrate the Otters 1000th game on February 5, 2010 against the Windsor Spitfires when the Otters debut their Throwback Jerseys. On sale now for $240.00 and $20.00 off for Season Ticket Holders."

Jersey_Erie_Otters_Throwback_Jersey.png

throwback? the otters never wore a jersey anything close to this

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Some Lewiston Maineiacs logos that are missing from the site (and a higher-res version of the alt) - I hope those rumours of them moving aren't true, I want them to stick around so I can see the new jerseys they're supposed to wear next season...

fifth anniversary:

Lewiston_Maineiacs_Anniverary_5th.gif

fan club:

Lewiston_Maineiacs_Fan_Association.gif

alternate:

Lewiston_Maineiacs_Alt.gif

"« Celebrate the Otters 1000th game on February 5, 2010 against the Windsor Spitfires when the Otters debut their Throwback Jerseys. On sale now for $240.00 and $20.00 off for Season Ticket Holders."

Fauxback

You'll have to add the Kamloops Blazers practice jerseys to the list for ones worn in a game this year. Somehow, Vancouver left their jerseys at home for their game at Kamloops. They ended up wearing the Blazers practice jerseys in the game.

GiantsasBlazers.jpg

Oh man, that's an awesome find!!! The video highlights are truly bizarre, but it does provide a clear view of the number font for zero.

From Gregg Drinnan's write-up in the Kamloops Daily News:

Apparently, the Giants won't be fined for forgetting their jerseys, but could pay for wearing jerseys without namebars. . . . Prior to the start of the game, Cory Flett, the WHL's director, communications, tweeted: "Little bit of a jersey debacle in Kamloops tonight, Giants forget game jerseys, will be wearing Blazer practice uniforms, major mistake."

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

HA! That's hilarious! Whoever was working the travel details for the Giants is getting canned for sure! The back font is the same that the Hitmen use, so they'll be easy to mock-up. I wonder if they announced what happened in the arena prior to the game...

Fauxback

I hear you. It's just stupid. But I won't start a rant.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

So, something I was thinking of today. I'm working on the Top prospects game jerseys, and something I'm doing there is have the actual player names on the backs. Either the captain, alternate or high profile player that made it to the NHL.

Obviously, it's going to be a lot of work, but I thought with so many older jerseys to add, it would be a nice touch to see who has played for each CHL team. Suggestions?

IE Oshawa Generals

Lindros # 88 A 1989-1991

Savard #27 A 1993-1996

Tavares #91 C 2006-2009

Clutterbuck #15 A 2004-2007

Allen #77 C 1997-2000

McLean #1 1983-1985

Orr #2 C 1963-1966

Andreychuk #23 A 1981-1983

Horton #16 A 2002-2004

Peterborough Petes

Steve Yzerman A 1982-1983

Eric Staal C 2001-2003

Jordan Staal A 2005-2006

Chris Pronger A 1992-1993

Oh man, that's an awesome find!!! The video highlights are truly bizarre, but it does provide a clear view of the number font for zero.

From Gregg Drinnan's write-up in the Kamloops Daily News:

Apparently, the Giants won't be fined for forgetting their jerseys, but could pay for wearing jerseys without namebars. . . . Prior to the start of the game, Cory Flett, the WHL's director, communications, tweeted: "Little bit of a jersey debacle in Kamloops tonight, Giants forget game jerseys, will be wearing Blazer practice uniforms, major mistake."

Liked how the announcer got a little confused there at the end about who was on which bench because of the jersey debacle.

Archived