CHL's 2011 Alternates

zer0dotcom

I have a graphic of the Voltigeurs' old shoulder logo somewhere, as I had designed a mask for one of their goalies a few years back....If only I could find it....If I find it, I will post it.

137537709OpTbgq_ph.jpg

This is the logo in question, the crossed muskets and cap.

You mean this one? :P

I traced the bitmap automatically, which I know I shouldn't do, but I'm still learning how to vector images and this seemed like a good one to practice with. If you can find the graphic, I'm sure it would look way better...

volts3.png

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sure do! and it's pure awesome! With that update, we have every home/road/regular alternate for the 2010/2011 season! That's awesome, thanks so much Frylock!

http://sportslogos.n...ajovo7hwicmj006

Zero, minor detail on the Thunderbirds jerseys. The hem stripes follow the curve of the cut rather than go straight across.

Edit: Also, the number font is a little bit off. On the 2, the inside part of the slanted line doesn't meet at the base but rather meets a vertical line that then goes to the base. I can show you a picture of my jersey if that will help.

Here is a picture from last night's game vs Spokane

92f3cb93.jpg

As you can see, the 2 is different. Also, the 2 on Spokane's jersey on the site doesn't match what they wear.

(photo credit: http://blphoto.smugmug.com/Sports/Hockey/WHL-Hockey-Seattle-3-Spokane-1/15830501_EWDMD#1186934045_qkhK3 )

Got this in an email this morning

...on Saturday we are having a tribute night to the Saint John Flames, the former AHL team here which won the Calder Cup 10 years ago. These jerseys feature the Flames "dragon" logo with Sea Dogs shoulder patches and will be worn for just one night, then auctioned right off the players' backs.

Got this in an email this morning

...on Saturday we are having a tribute night to the Saint John Flames, the former AHL team here which won the Calder Cup 10 years ago. These jerseys feature the Flames "dragon" logo with Sea Dogs shoulder patches and will be worn for just one night, then auctioned right off the players' backs.

Gotta on the jersey changes. I'll get those done soon.

I remember hearing about the Flames tribute night at the start of the year. About time it got here!

Upcoming Saskatoon Blades Telemiracle night:

fb052e4d.jpg

I love this jersey. Short of the hockey stick forming part of the "t" this jersey would be unique in the WHL.

I was actually just going to post that.

It's actually an awesome jersey. I've been hoping that they would bring back the gold/blue/white "Pacman" jerseys they had a couple seasons ago, but I would really welcome these as a third jersey for the franchise.

I don't know about you, but the fact that they took the time to design two different logos for this jersey makes me wonder if they have some long-term plans with it.

Certainly redeems the Blades from those rodeo-themed Jerseys they had earlier this season.

Upcoming Saskatoon Blades Telemiracle night:

fb052e4d.jpg

I love this jersey. Short of the hockey stick forming part of the "t" this jersey would be unique in the WHL.

Now that is a sharp jersey. It would be excellent standing alone as their primary set. It looks like teh Boston edge template dropped onto a heritage cut jersey, not bad, should be able to get that up soon.

Zero -- You have another new e-mail!

"This is the big one, Marty! The one I've been waiting for all my life!"

:hockeysmiley:

I saw, and it is incredible. Even moreso than the Intimid8 jersey. Truely awesome Frylock. I don't have my admin password to upload right now, I'll get this up later tonight or this weekend. I like it without the numbers, you can see more of the details that way.

Thanks man :) I am really proud of this one. It's Portland's answer to the Burger King or Wild Wing jerseys, so to be able to get it completed and presentable for the site is something I am happy to accomplish.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Thanks man :) I am really proud of this one. It's Portland's answer to the Burger King or Wild Wing jerseys, so to be able to get it completed and presentable for the site is something I am happy to accomplish.

You got the exploding chicken jerseys?

Screenshot2011-02-18at72146PM.jpg[Screenshot2011-02-18at71846PM.jpg

For anyone that is REALLY bored, I have a bunch of awesome jerseys for you.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Yes sir, I got the image completed! And it's funny you should share that link... In that entry, the blogger posted still images I had captured for my long defunct website. Then in this follow-up entry, he posted a couple pictures of the game worn example I have my collection.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

St John Sea Dogs Flames tribute jersey

Very nice, an alternate vs. alternate night...so the Flames jerseys are essentially Calgary pre-EDGE with the Saint John Flames logo. That will be easy to mock-up.

Posted the Chicken jersey Frylock sent in, as well as the updated Eyes jersey. I also posted the Broncos revised alternate, and tried fixing that Generals jersey that's broken...but no luck. I'll have to delete it and start from scratch. I hope the file isn't corrupt.

St John Sea Dogs Flames tribute jersey

Very nice, an alternate vs. alternate night...so the Flames jerseys are essentially Calgary pre-EDGE with the Saint John Flames logo. That will be easy to mock-up.

Looks like the Sea Dogs logo on the shoulders too, they look sharp

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Screenshot2011-02-18at72146PM.jpg[Screenshot2011-02-18at71846PM.jpg

Hey...That's my jersey! Very nice work frylock, that looks amazing...any chance you wanna send that my way? I'd love to have it for all my Hawks stuff.

SEAsig.png

Archived