CHL's 2011 Alternates

zer0dotcom

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The countdown should begin soon. Some life stuff has come up so I'm gonna be busy, but whatever. I also added the Hitmen Teddy bear Toss sweaters and player names to several alternates from this season. Newer jerseys will have player names on them instead of the generic 'player' '24' or '97'.

I randomly came across this picture and thought I'd share it. Apparently the MAINEiacs wore Mariners jerseys for a game. I believe it was in 2008.

n1219560087_30032580_7244.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

With all the moves happening in the WHL, we could have a ton of new uniforms coming next season. Chilliwack moving to Victoria (they used to have the Cougars before the move to St. george) and Edmonton to Grand prairie (talk about a long road trip.)

Also, just need one more source and then the CHLuniforms top 15 will begin on twitter. Follow @chluniforms to check out the count-down. I've also written up an article on the history of St. Mike's uniforms for the Sportslogos.net blog that will run closer to the Memorial Cup puck drop. According to the official memorial Cup twitter, the Majors Cup uniforms are 'Pretty awesome'

With all the moves happening in the WHL, we could have a ton of new uniforms coming next season. Chilliwack moving to Victoria (they used to have the Cougars before the move to St. george) and Edmonton to Grand prairie (talk about a long road trip.)

Also, just need one more source and then the CHLuniforms top 15 will begin on twitter. Follow @chluniforms to check out the count-down. I've also written up an article on the history of St. Mike's uniforms for the Sportslogos.net blog that will run closer to the Memorial Cup puck drop. According to the official memorial Cup twitter, the Majors Cup uniforms are 'Pretty awesome'

And there are even rumors that either Prince George or Kootney will move to Chilliwack for next season. It's a big bloody mess but if that did happen where Prince George moved, I think it would be appropriate that the Victoria team took back the name Cougars and Chilliwack can keep the Bruins name.

OKAY! The CHL Jersey listing had begun this evening, and we began with the Honourable mentions. The HM's were the uniforms that came in #'s 11 through 15, just outside the top 10. So, in no particular order for the honourable mentions:

The Spokane Chiefs Blue jersey,

The Kootenay Ice blue jersey,

The Chilliwack Bruins maroon jersey,

The Edmonton Oil Kings blue jersey,

and the Sault St. Marie black jerseys.

#10 will be relieved on friday on the chluniforms twitter account!

The big News yesterday, the Shawinigan Cataractes have been names the 2012 Memorial Cup hosts! They'll be the next focus for getting a complete team history complete. I've been in a Memorial Cup mood, so I've added memorial Cup patches to some of the more recent winning teams with any notable player on the uniform.

The big News yesterday, the Shawinigan Cataractes have been names the 2012 Memorial Cup hosts! They'll be the next focus for getting a complete team history complete. I've been in a Memorial Cup mood, so I've added memorial Cup patches to some of the more recent winning teams with any notable player on the uniform.

Do you need the sources for these? I've got some pics of the old Cataractes jerseys (which, by the way, were sooo much nicer than the stupid ones they have now with the cross-eyed first nations logo). I also think I have a picture of an anniversary patch they had at one point to celebrate 40 years of the Q in Shawinigan.

Good for Shawinigan to get the cup. They have a new arena which, apparently, is fantastic. Saint John will get it next time around, I'm sure. I think the league just didn't want to give it to the "new" team. I was sort of hoping for Cape Breton to win because it's such a beautiful place... but the Screaming Eagles play in one of the worst arenas in the Q, so until they fix that, don't expect the Memorial Cup to be hosted there...

Do you need the sources for these? I've got some pics of the old Cataractes jerseys (which, by the way, were sooo much nicer than the stupid ones they have now with the cross-eyed first nations logo). I also think I have a picture of an anniversary patch they had at one point to celebrate 40 years of the Q in Shawinigan.

Good for Shawinigan to get the cup. They have a new arena which, apparently, is fantastic. Saint John will get it next time around, I'm sure. I think the league just didn't want to give it to the "new" team. I was sort of hoping for Cape Breton to win because it's such a beautiful place... but the Screaming Eagles play in one of the worst arenas in the Q, so until they fix that, don't expect the Memorial Cup to be hosted there...

If you have them I'll gladly take them. I have a few sources, but not for the older uniforms, and I don't have many dates for when the changes came in either.

If you have them I'll gladly take them. I have a few sources, but not for the older uniforms, and I don't have many dates for when the changes came in either.

The Cataractes remind me a lot of the Vancouver Canucks: Been around for about 40 years, have always been "good" but never "great" enough to win any championships. They have awesome retro jerseys, the old colours seem to match the old Canucks uniforms, but in the history of the team, neither franchise was able to agree on a consistent colour scheme... and both teams have a "native/first nations" motif...

Here's what I got - the Cataractes jerseys didn't change between eras, so the jerseys change with the logos. And boy, do I miss the old green/blue/red jerseys...

HOME (1998/99 - 2007/08):

shaw_cat_.jpg

shaw_cat_2.jpg

shoulder patch:

Cataractes_shoulde.jpg

ROAD (1998/99 - 2007/08):

shaw_cat_road1.jpg

shaw_cat_road2.jpg

shoulder patch:

SHW.png

another photo:

cataractes-1.jpg

I've got a hand-up with the cats jerseys,their are two versionsof the 91-98 shirts, some both say Shawinigan, while some say Cateractes. We'll have to figure out dates for the change from one to the other. I've tried to get a hold of maximgam to see if he can help out with that logo and clean renders of the shoulder patches.

I have these jerseys ready to go:

http://jrhockeyjerse...23/Default.aspx

I just need to pick a player name for the back, hopefully a captain or alt

Also, I found a link to the old QMJHL page, with some good team timelines to try and place all of the jerseys in sequence and find older uniforms there may not be photos of or any sweaters remaining

http://38.108.70.85/...e=16&page=27844

Edit: Found the date, it was 1996 when the shirts switched and says Shawinigan instead of Cateractes

Also, I found a link to the old QMJHL page, with some good team timelines to try and place all of the jerseys in sequence and find older uniforms there may not be photos of or any sweaters remaining

http://38.108.70.85/...e=16&page=27844

Edit: Found the date, it was 1996 when the shirts switched and says Shawinigan instead of Cateractes

Nice find! According to the QMJHL media guide, the Cataractes did switch to their vintage "C" logo at some point between the two First Nations logos, but I thought it was a mistake since I didn't remember seeing them wear the retro jersey that year (and if I did, I probably just thought it was an alternate, silly me).

Looks like they went vintage for the entire '08-'09 season to celebrate their 30th anniversary (and 40th in the Q). Damn, now I'm going to have to go back and fix my QMJHL playoff-bracket wallpapers I'm working on...

EDIT: Or not - they did have the new First Nations logo as a primary for '08-'09, as per this page - the Rimouski memorial cup patch is proof:

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2238236630100145113ILTZIv

I've tried to get a hold of maximgam to see if he can help out with that logo and clean renders of the shoulder patches.

Don't forget - the new uniform has it as well, in a different colour scheme:

Cataractes_shoulder2.jpg

From what I recall, they worn the First nation's logo beginning in 08-09' and wore the Wild Retro template for the season with the C logo jersey as their alternate ( Their reps at the Top Prospects game wore the alternate). They only had those shirts for one season before the EDGE uniforms came in. I think it was a mistake on the part of the Q webpage

Archived