CHL's 2011 Alternates

zer0dotcom

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Word from Spokane tonight that the alternate jerseys will be unveiled on the 8th of October.

ETA: Rumors of Kamloops jersey were correct:

IMG_0607-14957.jpg

I like the orange jersey but why do teams have to go to the arched script on the front? This isn't college hockey in the US.

Because diagonal lettering has been done to death. I like the direction Kootenay went, though, with the single letter. Even with the contrasting nameplate, it's a pretty classic looking sweater.

And a side, are these Kelowna alternates new for this season or from last season?

PG_KEL_Sept_25_10_221939.jpg

They are something different. Last year, Kelowna's home jerseys were black.

A shot of the front of Kelowna's jersey:

kelownajersey.jpg

For a team named Rockets who use a dragon as their logo (a logo originally used by the San Antonio Dragons, who moved just prior to their first IHL season from Peoria, and for whom said repurposed logo was designed by a former Disney artist), those jerseys are pretty sharp. I'm a sucker for bright red and teal.

And those Giants jerseys stink. They'd look a lot better if they got rid of all the text, but then they couldn't use the jerseys as a 60-minute advertisement for the tenth season, I reckon.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Oshawa went the basic route with their alt that they unveiled today at their barbecue:

blue20jersey0323.jpg

Damn! I was trying to get this up before anyone else scooped me:

P1080658.jpg

I was at the BBQ today and saw they take that picture. I was taking a tour of the dressing room and overheard an usher talk about it. When I went out to meet the players, these five were wearing the sweaters, and Thomas, Dehart and Jenner were kind enough to pose in between autograph hounds. The Gens wore a blue sweater throughout the 90's and it was fairly popular, but when the retro craze hit and they wanted to do a throwback, they kept the red over the blue.

The kelowna jersey is an alternate as far as I know. In background photos on their webpage, they had the red jersey hanging beside their two EDGE designs, so it was a hint at what was coming. It looks like it's the same basic template, recoloured with swapped logos and a new font (looks like the old Oilers alternate font)

The Blazers one is interesting, can't really see what template it is from teh photos (just like PEI...sigh)

The majors looks like it's using the Chicago Winter Classic design. We'll have to wait to get a look at the front of it.

I'm loving the Kingston alternate. I just wish I could get a nice picture of the crest so I can rip it for the webpage. The jersey is ready to go, I just need that crest!

I had a feeling that Belleville would do the yellow again. It's been used three times before, it's their 30th year, and first for EDGE alternates...

Vancouver...yeah...that'll be added eventually...any Giants fans feel they're gonna miss out on a nice design? I thought they'd go back to a black alt, since it's in the background of their webpage. Guess I was wrong on that assumption.

Thanks for all the great photos everyone! I'll do what I can to get these onto the site this week. Also, thanks to everyone who is following on twitter ( @chluniforms ) I post photos there when I find them, and updates for the webpage. I'll also be linking to my blog when I do some write ups about some of the uniforms and histories later on in the winter.

So I guess the contrasting name plate has become what laces use to be, something new (though old) which only a couple teams had but are now everywhere. While I don't like it in general, it actually looks good on Kingston's jersey. Kamloop's actual jersey design itself is nice, but the hem stripes need to be lower to be perfect.

Those are much better, thanks OMMF.

Got a photo from the Majors/Fronts game. http://www.kingstonfrontenacs.com/article/majors-hold-off-fronts-in-opener yellow vs. blue?

I love it!

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Belleville brought back their yellow jerseys last night to kick off their 30th season.

0014811.jpg

Should've brought back the Red Sox-style numbers while they were at it.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Archived